Mahabharat And Guru Gobind Singh

dropadi. what was her relationship with the 5 brothers?

dropadi Was Wife of 5 brothers(Yudhishtar,Bhim, Arjun, Nakul,Sahdev)....

yeah she was really going to marry arjun, when arjun brought draupadi home, he said to the mother, i've got something for you mum (meaning her daughter in law) and her mother didnt know so she said "dont worry about me son, whatever you have share it between your brothers, so draupadi was the wife of panch pandav

yeah she was really going to marry arjun, when arjun brought draupadi home, he said to the mother, i've got something for you mum (meaning her daughter in law) and her mother didnt know so she said "dont worry about me son, whatever you have share it between your brothers, so draupadi was the wife of panch pandav
ok i knew that already and its REALLY wierd n gross. "sharing" your wife wacko.gif

It's no more ''weird n gross'' than the millions of men in history who have been shared by their multiple wives!!! no.gif

I defend her cos it wasn't her choice so please nobody abuse her. :lol:

This story is meant to teach us that no one can save you but GOD.

A woman in her position should never have had to worry about her honour - she had FIVE HUSBANDS to protect her, yes? But ultimatley, they fell away, let her down, 'lost' her and it was her faith that saved her.

There are wonderful and important messages and truths in such writings, don't become phobic against EVERYTHING associated with hinduism. Or any faith for that matter. :TH:

AAA

It's no more ''weird n gross'' than the millions of men in history who have been shared by their multiple wives!!!
yeh, never thought of that before posting. i mean both are kinda gross. like emiiiiiiii
she had FIVE HUSBANDS to protect her, yes?
why does a woman need someone to "protect" her. emi.

When she was standing in a court about to be publicly raped, she needed protection. Her five worldy husbands could not help her - only her faith could.

This isn't a simple story of men and women, it's a story which has a much deeper meaning.

She had five husbands, we have five thieves......... grin.gif

AAA

She had five husbands, we have five thieves......... grin.gif
grin.gif yes buh the 5 thieves never do any good. atleast her husbands (as wierd has that sounds) did some good for her i'm sure. buh at the time they didnt do nothing. emi. ok enough talk about mahabharat. wacko.gif

at ponta sahib guru sahib got whole of this granth written by there scholars which was the translation of older sanskrit mahabhart into a whole big poetry form .... it took as far as i remember 18 months with around 52 poets working on it to complete it .... and guru sahib gave 60000 rs to each poet for there work .... guru sahib themself took part in writting of this granth by writing few shands himself mainly of the mahabhart yudh ....

this granth was gupt with many other granth like panjsoo sakhi etc at satluj while crossing it before that chamkaur sahib jang ....

it does not have to do anything about sikhism .... one is its history ... and guru sahib want the sikhs that if they want to know about history they need not to search any hindu granth ....

the most important thing is the jung of mahabharat .... and every one who had read suraj parkash or panth parkash or any other granth knew the love of guru sahib for these battles .... thats why guru sahib got it translated becuase it has one of the biggest battle ever faught in india ....

maffi

lol it was only arjun who married dropadhi first .... when they came back to house ... they called there mother kunti inside the house .... and said they have bought some thing .... there mother replyed from inside what ever they have bought all the brothers should share it .....

they have just fullfilled the hukam of there mother .....

bhajji treta yugh and kal yugh ch bahut jeyada farak wa ..... oddon lokk mareyda nu dharde see .... maa peo da hukam was always final .... sadi soch te ohnda di soch da farak made the difference ....

it was only arjun who married dropadhi first .... when they came back to house ... they called there mother kunti inside the house .... and said they have bought some thing .... there mother replyed from inside what ever they have bought all the brothers should share it .....

they have just fullfilled the hukam of there mother .....

yea .. that was what i was thinking as well.

But there are some who say that their mother knew what was going on very well...asked all her five sons to marry Draupadi because she did not want her sons to fight with each other because of their wives. The mother..Kunti thought that the five Daughters-In-Law might be trouble.