NANAKSAAR 2DAY

S1ngh

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nanaksar is in CK in most places. In some areas however it has come under bad and more "moderate" management/influence.

They have the uptmost respect and show uptmost Satkaar for Guru Sahib where the old maryada is still active and observed.

The wearing of white is common with most Sant/Nirmalla Sampardaams, as the sakhi goes that after shedding the bana of Uch da Pir Guru Sahib only wore white.

The bibian issue is something that stems back from Sant Baba Nand Singh Ji's time, and is a maryada that they themselves started and upheld and more info on this can be found in the Jeevan Of Sant Baba Nand Singh Ji.

The golak is also something that can be learned more from by reading Santa(n) Di Jeevan but in general a golak is not kept as, it is said that Guru Da Darbaar is not a place for maya.

The rehat kept by Nanaksar is one that I myself have never quite understood, but then again I have never talked with any Babay or kathawachaks from Nanaksar so in all fairness to them, I myself never made an ample effort to understand.

If one is ever in India they need to check out the Nanaksar Gurdwara in Kaleran and visit the Bhora Sahib. At this place Sant Baba Nand Singh Ji did tremendous amounts of Tup and this can still be felt, by any who enter, the feeling is hard to describe but it hits hard in the gut and its almost a ghostly experience. The amount of Bani and simran done at this place is unreal and can be felt in the air, its remarkable, and for this reason Sant gave buchan that all those who visit should keep the practice or make an ample effort in doing, 6 malas of mool mantrs per day, 5000x reciation of gurmanter, 200 sukhmani sahib paht and 600

Jap Ji Sahib Pahts a month and 12 Sehaj Paht within a year. (I may have made mistakes in the figures but the correct ones can be found on a sign posted at Bhora Sahib).

vaaheguru ji ka khalsa vaaheguru ji ki fateh

chamkila jio, I don't think you can consider Nanaksar a sect just because they don't have a Golak. I don't really see how this can be wrong.

But I do agree that we need to consider the other things.

Langar is actually ONLY cooked there for Bhog and langar for sangat is brought in by sangat. I don't really like this part of their maryada. I think langar for everyone should be cooked at the Gurdwara Sahib by rehitvaan Sangat. We can't be sure about how someone's house is like.. but probably at the Gurdwara Sahibs which follow the 'pure' Nanaksar Maryada they only call that Sangat up who are 'sangis' or Nanaksar. Anyway, I still DON'T agree with this. But one good thing is that they atleast prepare the parshada for Guru Sahib themselves. The Langar maryada is actually a bit different for different Nanaksar Gurdwara Sahibs. Like at our Gurdwara Sahib they actually have 'kitchens' and Sangat has the option of bringing parshada from home or they can just cook it there.

No Nishan Sahib: This is WRONG, but maybe they don't have Nishan Sahibs because of political reasons.. they probably don't want to be considered part of the SGPC Gurdwara Sahib group.. anyway, whatever the reason it, I think all of our Gurdwara Sahibs should have Nishan Sahibs.

Different Rehit for bibiaa: ARGH!!! This is what I hate the most :@ There SHOULDN'T be any different rehit of Singhs or Kaurs. I d

on't know why this is practised but I'm sure this 'rehit' is carried out at most of the Nanaksar Gurdwara Sahibs. Maybe at Baba Nand Singh Ji's time any bibia didn't do seva because there wren't any proper buildings. Nanaksar Gurdwara Sahib in Kalera wasn't built until Baba Isher Singh Ji's time. So Baba Ji just stayed in a hut type place and did Bhagti. So maybe this is why no bibia were there and later on I might have became a part of their rehit... I think this really needs to be changed though.

I am a bit surprised about reading about the bibyan da rehat. I know a family that have take amrit via nanaksar and they wear all 5 kakars in full even the women. They tend to wear their kirpans underneath their clothes.

Are you definetly sure there is a different rehat for women? I must admit I am a bit uncomfortable with that particular issue.

Also does anyone know why there is a tiger's hide in front of Guruji when you go to Nanaksar run Gurdwaras

Gurfateh

The reason there is no Nishan Sahib has been posted by someone already. It was to avoid the political rows during that time, and the Asthan of Nanaksar is of peace and Bhagti. As for the Golak not being there, it is simply because during Baba Nand Singh Ji's time, the Rehat was very strict for the Sewadars, there was no attachment to Maya, and what the Sangat contributed in food was used, no money was allowed in the Gurughar as it interfered with the Bhagti.

As for the different Rehat, I think this has been corrupted by certain people, Babaji never imposed a different Rehat for Bibian, there are no restrictions on them wearing a Sri Sahib, I wear the full Kakars and there is no problem there at all. Nanaksar has always maintained good ties with Akal Takhat and all the Jathedars, not to mention welcoming all the different types of Jathey in existence today in the Panth.

It is not a sect, just as the AKJ is not a sect, it is a part of the Panth, and to say Nanaksar is a sect is very insulting. We should look at the level of Parchar and respect of Guru Ji which cannot be compared with anyone else. ^_^

The fact that Bibian are not allowed to do Kirtan on stage is because during Babaji's time, there were very few that could do Kirtan, and also because the Nanaksar style Kirtan is such that a lot of Sewadars sit on stage, it wasn't considered appropriate, although now the Maryada is more relaxed because more Singhanees are doing Kirtan, I do Kirtan myself and I've had no problem s

inging in any of the Thaths abroad.

I am surprised people comment on this restriction when Bibian are not allowed to do ANY sewa at our most important asthan; Harminder Sahib, Darbar Sahib. No wonder there is this bad feeling going around. They should stop living in the dark ages and wake up!

Gurfateh

PS. The reason for the Tiger's hide is a complex one. The lion only has <admin-profanity filter activated> <admin-profanity filter activated> once in it's lifetime, and never again. It symbolises ultimate control of Kaam and this animal is associated with the Mahapurukhs who have control of this vice. It is thus used as a symbol. However, there is one Sakhi where a old Baba near the main Nanaksar told my Dad that he had done Darshan of Baba Nand Singh Ji, and a lion used to visit the place where Babaji had done Bhagti in the jungle and prostrate in front of that place. The lion did this until he breathed his last, just something I have heard.

when NanakSaar keep to the same Rehat that every one else keep, and has langar and nishan Sahib that would make them sikh and not a sect, thats my view.

The problem I think is there are all these different groups, which more or less have different Rehat. This reminds me of the caste system, I think there should only be only group called the Khalsa and only one Rehat.

Also I am try to understand about the Golak, theres no Golak which means no attachment to Maya, So Golden Temple as Gold inside and outside of the temple is that not Maya. Like I said try to understand the difference between the two.

I know it sounds like I hate NanakSaar but I don't, I find they show the most respect for Guru Ji.

Chamkila, you're getting caught up in mere symbols here. Is the Nishan Sahib more important to you than Guru Ji's respect? What's the difference whether it is there or not, the real symbol, the reality is Guru Ji, which is inside a Nanaksar Gurudwara or any other Gurudwara.

About the Rehat issue, this is wrong and the original Marayada does not support this discrimmination, just as there are wrong aspects of the Maryada in other Jathey which have been corrupted by mindless people trying to destroy our unity.

Gurfateh

Chamkila, you're getting caught up in mere symbols here. Is the Nishan Sahib more important to you than Guru Ji's respect? What's the difference whether it is there or not, the real symbol, the reality is Guru Ji, which is inside a Nanaksar Gurudwara or any other Gurudwara.

About the Rehat issue, this is wrong and the original Marayada does not support this discrimmination, just as there are wrong aspects of the Maryada in other Jathey which have been corrupted by mindless people trying to destroy our unity.

Gurfateh

Sorry just edited my last post, I know they respect Guru Ji, I was at NanakSaar School for a few years.

Gurfateh

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Bhenji,

Is Nishan Sahib a mere symbol which can be discarded at will by anyone? In such a case, how about the five kakars including our kesh? Arent they symbols too? A patit can getaway using the same logic on the grouds that he has tremendous respect for Guru sahib and the physical attributes dont matter at all.

Since the times of our Guru sahiban, countless Sikhs have fought and given up their lives under the Nishan Sahib and it as dear and reverent to us as a national flag is to the citizens of a country.

During the years of Sikh struggle in Punjab and rest of India in the eighties and nineties, I havent come across a single instance of contribution by any of the numerous Nanksars' spread throughout India. During the 1984 riots, hundereds of Gurudwaras were attacked and burnt down but i cant recall any Nanaksar gurdwara being amongst them.

Sa

rabjit Singh