Big Brother

Manchester_Sikhi

Although shilpa does not deserve the treatment shes been getting, I dont know what the fuss is all about. This is just blown up in all propertions because shes a big bollywood star and the Indian community aboard plus the indian govt dont want to lose face infront of the world's media.

Indian govt has a cheek to complain on a diplomatic level to british govt when they are torturing, murdering, raping and carrying out false encounters targetting innocent people day in day out which is much more important than some jumped up bollywood star's alleged racist treatment in a reality tv show.

I didn't think of that, you've got a point!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

good point, but what if this was a collection or normal house mates...which most of them baring the US folks are...the brit girls are all common as muck!!!

What if this was a set of normal people, and there were comments and abuse like that towards a UK-Indian girl....

Granted shes a star, but if you ignore that point (and from the point of view of the others in the house shes a no-body) then we should treat her as any normal person...and from that point of view she does not deserve this treatment.....no body does.

But you have all made good points and thanks for the responses.

Although i dnt class myself as indian and never would do so,iam deeply saddened to see such comments made by racist pigs - dont you sikhs understand they see us Sikhs as Indians as well,the comments they eat with thier hands ,they are poor,are offensive especially the term ''dog'' that was used in the house this brings parrallels of British Imperialists calling asians in undivided india dogs,when they were not alloed to be in the same trains or compounds -'no dogs or darkies',this is worrying if chnl 4 dnt do anything it will esscalate,we as Sikhs shoul stand agianst this as we are the most visible asian community in Britain,this is an issue which involves asians living in Britain,its our issue hpe u understand,if we dnt do anything we are playing into the hands of the BNP,and other racist groups who love this stuff,if we cant defend our 'indetity' while living here in england what hpe do we have elsewhere,we are educated,we have jobs no is the time to do something wjkkwjkf

Although i dnt class myself as indian and never would do so,iam deeply saddened to see such comments made by racist pigs - dont you sikhs understand they see us Sikhs as Indians as well,the comments they eat with thier hands ,they are poor,are offensive especially the term ''dog'' that was used in the house this brings parrallels of British Imperialists calling asians in undivided india dogs,when they were not alloed to be in the same trains or compounds -'no dogs or darkies',this is worrying if chnl 4 dnt do anything it will esscalate,we as Sikhs shoul stand agianst this as we are the most visible asian community in Britain,this is an issue which involves asians living in Britain,its our issue hpe u understand,if we dnt do anything we are playing into the hands of the BNP,and other racist groups who love this stuff,if we cant defend our 'indetity' while living here in england what hpe do we have elsewhere,we are educated,we have jobs no is the time to do something wjkkwjkf

Good points. I suppose complaining to offcom is a good start http://www.offcom.org.uk/

^^^ what a geek lol am only kiddin

Gurufateh!

anyway am sure this shilpa will get over it soon enough

i BET yeah if i went in BB - no 1 would give a second thought, if they said these "comments" towards me - like rest the Sangat above have said - jus cos she a Bollywood star - it HAS to be taken like a big thing

Gurufateh!

Racist PIGs is correct as they have the pig like skin/colour. What do you expect, the producers have deliberately put "white trash" with a upper class civilised Indian in the form of Shilpa.!

She stands miles apart from the low lifes in the house. She should now leave the house and leave the pigs to "snort" among each other.

^^^ what a geek lol am only kiddin

Gurufateh!

anyway am sure this shilpa will get over it soon enough

i BET yeah if i went in BB - no 1 would give a second thought, if they said these "comments" towards me - like rest the Sangat above have said - jus cos she a Bollywood star - it HAS to be taken like a big thing

Gurufateh!

if you think about it if you did go in and got the same comments thrown arounda about you, yes people would say something,...........at the end of the day celebrity or not m decent or indecent,,,,,,,,brown people in their are representing asians and most asians will try and support them to get through and if there is racist stuff said about them then it would offend any asian sitting there aswell so YES THEY WOULD!

if they do this on live tv to an asian what must they be like off the screen?

whether someone likes BB or not, this is not a minor issue and not only does it effect shilpa but living in this country we also get the rubbish off the gorey and whats going on now will only provoke more racists to go ahead and say horrid comments because if celebrities can do it why cant they?

that one indian acrtress could be a Sikh person down the road...........how would you feel if you saw a sikh boy walking down and as he turns his back some idiots are throwing atrocious comments at him in a discrete manor, im sure you would want to stand up for him.

shilpa is carrying herself in that house in a very decent manor unlike narinder "kaur" did, atleast salute her for that!