Khalistan - How and which way u will choose?

S1ngh

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2003/20031217/...7/punjab1.htm#6

Chohan asks militants to return, expose govt

Our Correspondent

Jalandhar, December 16

The president of the Khalsa Raj Party and Khalistan ideologue, Dr Jagjit Singh Chohan, yesterday said the Sikh militants, who had been residing abroad for the past more than a decade, should return to their motherland to inform the people about the forces responsible for the decade-long turmoil in Punjab.

Talking to reporters here, Dr Chohan alleged that several government agencies had been instrumental in supporting terrorism even as the Sikhs were forced to resort to participation in fight against the then rulers.

“In fact, I am of the view that the Sikh militants should return to expose the misdeeds of the then Indian political leadership. Besides, they should face the law of land instead of living a life in exile abroad,” he said lauding the role of the Indian judicial system in providing justice to the people.

Meanwhile, Dr Chohan had written a letter to the UN Secretary-General, Mr Kofi Annan, urging him to grant “observer status” to the Sikh nation to enable the Sikh leaders to raise their grievances and related issues at the international platform.

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2003/20031217/...7/punjab1.htm#6

Chohan asks militants to return, expose govt

Our Correspondent

Jalandhar, December 16

The president of the Khalsa Raj Party and Khalistan ideologue, Dr Jagjit Singh Chohan, yesterday said the Sikh militants, who had been residing abroad for the past more than a decade, should return to their motherland to inform the people about the forces responsible for the decade-long turmoil in Punjab.

Talking to reporters here, Dr Chohan alleged that several government agencies had been instrumental in supporting terrorism even as the Sikhs were forced to resort to participation in fight against the then rulers.

“In fact, I am of the view that the Sikh militants should return to expose the misdeeds of the then Indian political leadership. Besides, they should face the law of land instead of living a life in exile abroad,” he said lauding the role of the Indian judicial system in providing justice to the people.

Meanwhile, Dr Chohan had written a letter to the UN Secretary-General, Mr Kofi Annan, urging him to grant “observer status” to the Sikh nation to enable the Sikh leaders to raise their grievances and related issues at the international platform.

Yeah rite.. another politician who wanna promote his image instead of khalistan.. *militants* (the word he is referring for freedom fighters) Leave them alone.. If he wants to promote the real khalistan issue, then he need to look into punjabi sikh youth problems first.. Not Guy with Dollars rolleyes.gif

Niranjana veer/panji

u r very fast 2 bring the few clean shaven ppl out

but we forget all the splendor that the gur-mukhs went out with, ak47 fire 2 the max single guru da singh/kaur against a whole unit wuz a regular occurence in punjab the land that is fertile with blood of shaheeds!!!

Plz.........

Jattistan?? u callin all those gur-sikhs out there (none of them bieng jatt but all KHALSA of the one and only Siri Guru Gobind Singh ji Mahaaaraaaj) died for land where the jatts will rule? tha's a wierd situation veer bikram said it well :@

KHALISTAN IS THE ONLY SOLUTION:)

plz dont' take it the wrong way but from ur posts u seem 2 sway away from the idea of sikh freedom!

my question is, how can u live under the dictatorship of a country that attacked ur Kings, ur fathers, the universes masters house?

juss a question?

Dear All,

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Hope you’re all well. A quick set of comments to the responses thus far...

Pheena Jeeo, I liked your short piece and your outlook on the matter...most inspiring and certainly the first step that needs to be considered, I’m copying it here again as for all to have another read and reflect:-

<>

Rochak Malang you indicated that Prof Darshan Singh, (Jathedar of akal takht), said that a Sikh is not a Sikh unless he/she is a Khalistani. Sardar Mkhalsa Sahib went on to say that “in 1986-87, Sarbat Khalsa aka Panth Khalsa aka Guru Panth aka Guru Sahib, declared Khalistan free from hindustan and that all sikhs should support it -My guru said it, thats enough for meâ€.

Firstly is Prof Darshan Singh the Sarbat Khalsa (aka aka Panth Khalsa aka Guru Panth aka Guru Sahib) that Mkhasa speaks of? If so on what grounds? Secondly, I fully accept the doctrine (for want of a better term) of Guru Granth and Guru Panth, however was this what existed in 86/87 and indeed does it exist today? Is the government appointed body that presides over the Akal Thakt really Sarbat Khalsa? Moreover is it Panth Khalsa and imperatively is it really GURU SAHIB???

Sardar Bikramjit Singh, the call for Khalistan may not have started as a “dema

nd for a Jat state under the guise of promoting Sikh interestsâ€, however as it exists today, it certainly seems to be the case, just as the Singh Sabha movement certainly wasn’t a Jatt based movement, however clearly over the past 50 years it has become so.

To elaborate briefly using the examples you gave of the Gurdwara politics, it is known and I have seen it myself, that non-Jatts have consistently been sidelined and marginalised since independence in Gurdwara management and Sikh politics...the very existence of Ramgharia and Ravidas Gurdwarae and Khatri/Arora clichés are evidence to this outcome as eventually the communities decided to pick themselves and move on their own way.

Even to this day, when a new Gurdwara is built ‘all’ Sikhs get together, as all have a common goal and are ‘brothers’ (since times are hard and everyone wants a Gurdwara built), however the legacy that lies behind us is the repeated set of events that follow once the Gurdwara is set up and running. Jatts in the numerical majority will inevitably seek power and seize it (in many instances by force as incidents in Gravesend, Birmingham, Hitchin and elsewhere in the UK alone have repeatedly shown). Ironically, it is the same group of Jatts who then complain and become irritated at the existence of say Ramgharia and Ravidasia Gurdwarae.

As such, I find your conclusion that “Whatever caste is a majority in the area they will dominate the politics of that area†is over simplified and misleading. Gill asks “why are we questioning khalstain before it has even formedâ€, well the very fact that everything and every eventuality needs to be thought through before proceeding with anything in life, especially something as large a new country! Think before one acts, rather than live up to the stereotype that RSS-affiliated India label Sikhs with (having more brawn than brains). The above snapshot of what goes on at the local level of Sikh life is not even a drop in the ocean of the problems we face

at the micro level let alone the macro level...if why can’t we sit together, what makes you think we are in a position to effectively and efficiently run and live together in a country???

So again I agree that the demand for Khalistan “started†as a demand for providing a home for Sikhs of “all†backgrounds, but let’s see what really exists today! Dr Chohan, I have personally heard speak of Jatt-politics shortly following his release at a Gurdwara in Luton.

Sardar Sahib I totally agree that “the army when they invaded the Harminder Sahib or the mobs which killed Sikhs in Delhi didn't distinguish between the Sikhs based on their background†I know this very well, I have family who got caught up in both Punjab and Delhi, which is why I raise the above issues, for ‘we’ must first unite as Gill indicated in his original post, before we even consider then notion of Khalisthan.

Unfortunately, although the army or mobs didn’t “distinguish between the Sikhs based on their backgroundâ€, the Jatts certainly did –again, I have personally heard in the UK and during my visits to India Jatts proclaim that only “Mazabi Sikhs and Chamars†were killed in Delhi, perhaps why the widows of the riots and carnage to this date haven’t been adequately provided for by the likes of the SGPC and the Akal Thakt (so again, is this really Sarbat Khalsa???) as indicated by the recent extreme measures taken by some of these women in the Shaheedi Morcha.

It is hardly any wonder why over the past 100 years the notion that Sikhi is democratic has been pushed forward with so much zeal given that it allows Jatts to exercise their numerical majority vote in all instances, just like the worlds largest democracy allows for the right –wing evangelistic Hindoo organisations to do the same in a country where Sikhs only form 2 % of the population. The late Sardar Kapur Singh has written extensively on the topic of Sikhi and various political models and clearly shows the flaws of Sikh

i –interesting Sardar Kapur Singh was also from a Jatt background and pro-Khalisthani...

Khalistani Veer Ji, I totally agree “how can a Sikh of Guru Gobind Singh Ji live in slavery and not speak out and demand freedom?†and freedom is certainly what Sant Ji demanded during the dark 1980s, however what use is a Khalisthan that serves only Jatt interests, as it invariably will given the present circumstances that exist within Sikh politics –so Veer J, you question will continue to stand here too!!!

Whilst this may appear to be a anti-Jatt post to some, I would like to point out I myself have Jatt roots and come from a mixed background and am marrying effectively ‘out’ of caste –so please let us not dissolve this into a caste discussion, I use the terms purely as they are a social reality and not because I believe in caste hierarchy.

Bhai Gabroo Jeeo, to clarify I am NOT referring to those Gursikhs who gave up their lives as Jatts or non-Khalsa as you accuse me of doing, I make my comments with reference primarily to those in power within Sikh institutions and politics. Again, I am not objecting to the demand for freedom and for your information I too share in the pain of what has been meted out to Sikhs for centuries under corrupt and fascist rule in India, I simply want true Freedom, not for our community to be marginalised into what happens in the Islamic world where parallels to the scenarios I describe above have been occurring for decades since these countries were created.

My point about the clean shaven Khalisthanis still stands as valid, if they real cared about Sikh interests so much and wanted Sikh freedom for the propagation of conditions positive for Sikh lifestyle, they could begin the fight by keeping Khalsa Roop and take part in the challenge we all do on a daily basis. So those who wished to find the ‘sell-out-sikhs’ these will be your first bet!

On a wider note, if we want Khalisthan, then let’s have it all back not have a

third of what was once ours...in fact, given the countless kurbaniya over the years by countless Sikh men, women, children and all...let us honour them properly, if we want Khalisthan...let’s have the whole lot back...every last inch!!! Sikhs have shed blood for all of India (pre-partition) and beyond...that’s the boundaries of Khalisthan merited...where we have access to all Gurdwaras and Sikh historical sites, I do not wish to see the likes of Hazur Sahib or Sis Ganj Sahib taken away from us totally as is the case with Gurdwaras in Pakistan and elsewhere.

Please re-read Pheena Ji’s comments and reflect.

The foregoing is my personal view, I have given brief references to support my conclusions where necessary and I appreciate that many will not like the sound of it and I respect your right to your opinion and simply ask that everyone extends to me the same courtesy.

GUR FATEH!!!

Niranjana

u asked is Prof Darshan Singh ji sarbat khalsa, no, he wuz jathedar siri akaal takht sahib he had full authority to issue such hukumns.

Khalistan being a jatt state? I have no clue where your comming from there Niranjana, where have u heard this etc? Cause never in my life have i heard such an outregious clame, i'm sure that not every1 on dis forum is off the hindu caste "jatt" (all castes are hindu). Yet majority seems to support Khalistan? I personally have a very good friend who would be considered "low caste" by many (retards of course) who is full khalsa bana, and tyaar 2 fight the tyrnacle government of ur Pyara HIndustan!

Gurdwaras here in the west are run by power hungry hords, what u can u do? its a shame!

BUt i doubt ne gur-sikh would clame to be jatt, ramgaria, chamaar, ravidas, mazubi etc.

It is wrong naming a gurdwara after a caste indeed, its like defying Guru Nanak dev ji.

Then Niranaja you go on to say you have heard Dr. Chauan Singh ji talk "jatt" politics?

That is the most baseless arguement ever, i sure had a good laff.

In future if ur gonna make outragous clames to man who has lived in exile for his panth so he can continue a political and finincial means for the autonomy of the sikh homeland please ik benti, provide proof.

Now the ppl who became shaheed in the riots of 84 where also bound by castes? like does it matter? They where sikh non th eless creating them equal. why would we diffrentiate.

PS: it should be more then obvious the "caste" that did suffer the most where "bhappai" as they are the entraperneurs and always caused a hulla gulla during protests. I say bhappai because they

are the sikhs who live in Dheli as buinsess men/woman. (this is not a caste attack)

basically u attack sardar Kapur Singh ji by saying

"The late Sardar Kapur Singh has written extensively on the topic of Sikhi and various political models and clearly shows the flaws of Sikhi –interesting Sardar Kapur Singh was also from a Jatt background and pro-Khalisthani..."

but give no example?

and NO DOUBT clean shavens are sell outs (look at me)

but ur whole damn arguement on everything else lacks weight.

now lets be lgocial, how do u plan on taking all of punjab in one go, u gotta start small build a bigger army move on, u can't juss go chalo jathai baidnayo lets do it.

U need government then, a form of air support artilary, it will happen soon.

This post may Seem anti-hindustani