Why Do Some Singhs Wear No Pajama With Bana?

Guest Just Curious

i live in canada.. me n all da other singhs in Toronto, BC, Calgary n more rock bana everywhere... i wear normal clothes too buh when i feel like it i'll rock bana.. i love wearing it in public cuz den people ask questions about it n we're able to do parchar... no one frowns like in dehli, in western countries its way more accepted.. wear wuht u feel like wearing, its all good.. i know singhs that go 24/7 in bana so basically dere's no excuse fo not wearing bana, i've worn mine to school too a few times .. i know singhs that wear it everyday to school wit shasters n kirpan outside, its all about how u do parchar about it man.. do errytin wit love n ur family n peers'll come round

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before bana MUST come bani! I don't know why no-one mentioned this. You can wear the biggest dumaala with shastars and the fanciest chola, but if you got no bani in your heart its all useless, you have to have a jeevan, keep up with your amritvela, do joreya dee seva, hold the words of Guru Sahib close to your heart, when you are so imbued with naaaaam/bani, bana is nothing, you would wear bana all the time because you wouldn't have a care in the world. Manmukhs like me who have no bani inside and argue and debate to prove my point when I don't have the slightest clue about anything guru sahib says and wear bana its really pointless. Like guru sahib says, mathe tilak hath maalaa baanaa logan raam khilauna jaanaa|| You have a ceremonial mark on your forehead, a simarnaa on your wrist or hand, you think God is a toy or something. My whole point is you should ask yourself first do you wake up amritvela everyday and for how long have you been doing so? How much bani do you have memorized, do you do santhya of baani, learn/do keertan, always strive to learn and grow spiritually INSIDE first? If so, then wearing bana won't be much of an issue it will just come naturally. Khanneo tikhi vaalo nikki et maarag janaa|| Bhul chuk muaf jee.

Before bana MUST come bani! I don't know why no-one mentioned this. You can wear the biggest dumaala with shastars and the fanciest chola, but if you got no bani in your heart its all useless, you have to have a jeevan, keep up with your amritvela, do joreya dee seva, hold the words of Guru Sahib close to your heart, when you are so imbued with naaaaam/bani, bana is nothing, you would wear bana all the time because you wouldn't have a care in the world. Manmukhs like me who have no bani inside and argue and debate to prove my point when I don't have the slightest clue about anything guru sahib says and wear bana its really pointless. Like guru sahib says, mathe tilak hath maalaa baanaa logan raam khilauna jaanaa|| You have a ceremonial mark on your forehead, a simarnaa on your wrist or hand, you think God is a toy or something. My whole point is you should ask yourself first do you wake up amritvela everyday and for how long have you been doing so? How much bani do you have memorized, do you do santhya of baani, learn/do keertan, always strive to learn and grow spiritually INSIDE first? If so, then wearing bana won't be much of an issue it will just come naturally. Khanneo tikhi vaalo nikki et maarag janaa|| Bhul chuk muaf jee.

Guest baba amarjeet singh

bani, amrit vela etc are obviously very important

but as mentioned on a tapoban thread, because you are slacking in one rehit, this does not mean you should abstain from other rehits

wearing bana is a rehit and one should try to practise this

i mean if youre amrit vela is weak, how is wearing undecent clothes going to help?

what will help is to try to follow as much as you can and do ardaas to maha raaj tht you will be blessed with the rehits you lack or are weak in.

bani, amrit vela etc are obviously very important

but as mentioned on a tapoban thread, because you are slacking in one rehit, this does not mean you should abstain from other rehits

wearing bana is a rehit and one should try to practise this

i mean if youre amrit vela is weak, how is wearing undecent clothes going to help?

what will help is to try to follow as much as you can and do ardaas to maha raaj tht you will be blessed with the rehits you lack or are weak in.

Totally Agree Guru Sahib has given us a "Kacherra" for a reason!

Sikhi isn't just about Libhaas it's also about Amal

i agree banni comes first of all amrit vella is must ... but banna has its importance a lot ...

a person who stops only at banni is also in complete and person who only stops at banna is also incomplete ...

there is one nehang singh bolla which is often said in jaikara ....

sodhi patshah satguru rakh laini bird banne di lajj ....

Couldn't imagine wearing it on a bus or train, though.

It's ok to have your t**s out and ok to show every other part of your body, BUT GOD FORBID WE SHOULD WEAR THE BANA OH MY GOD, HOW RUDE AND UNMODEST!! rolleyes.gif

i live in canada.. me n all da other singhs in Toronto, BC, Calgary n more rock bana everywhere... i wear normal clothes too buh when i feel like it i'll rock bana.. i love wearing it in public cuz den people ask questions about it n we're able to do parchar... no one frowns like in dehli, in western countries its way more accepted.. wear wuht u feel like wearing, its all good.. i know singhs that go 24/7 in bana so basically dere's no excuse fo not wearing bana, i've worn mine to school too a few times .. i know singhs that wear it everyday to school wit shasters n kirpan outside, its all about how u do parchar about it man.. do errytin wit love n ur family n peers'll come round

i totally agree that you should rock ur bana ... buh if u wore it a school in queens or sumwhere else in ny u wud most likely get arrested for being armed... in Canada u can wear it without gettin arrested buh not in nyc... couple of my friends at scholl almost got expelled and arrested for wearing a small kirpan to school buh once ppl explained it to the authorities what they rlly were they were let go wit a warnin to never wear it to school aggn ... they now wear the lil necklace... i dun think it wud work in ny ...

Bhul chukh Maaf