Rastas And Sikh

Manchester_Sikhi

Interesting posts! What you have to understand is that to practising Rastafarians, music and reggae music is not just like pop music or whatever, it's actually holy music, their form of kirtan. If you listen to some Bob Marley tracks and the old bands like Burning Spear, they all sing religious Rastafarian stuff.

yes man i met loads of rastas that give enough respect every time i see them.

they are also very good people, they are currently helping the police in Handsworth by volunteering to go out with the police on patrol and talk to the young "YOOTS" who "gone astray"

and Bob Marleys tracks are timeless, they reach out to all communities in the world who have suffered giving hope and strength.

I got this one reggae track i always listen to which goes....

"DON'T YOU CUT OFF YOUR DREADLOCKS"

"DON'T YOU DO IT MY BROTHER, LET IT GO , LET IT GO"

"DON'T YOU LOOK BACK, Let it GROW, LET IT GROW"

and I can totally understand where they coming from, it was very touching ....

it's true about modern reggae its been turned into gangsta style commercial crap preaching, materialism, degrading women, hatred, and violence towards minorities like homosexuals, saying they should be burned in their homes and shot dead. its a big shame man.

this explainz why i get good comments from African amrican women and men!

some have also said .." love ur crown" i thought maybe some sikh have told um that its our crowns but i guess not!

this is really sweeet! also women have come to me and have asked me about how i tie my turban so neatly..they can nevr get to do it. im all hain? why do they need to tie turban 4r?

next time i be like ..sure i can teach u how to (cuz they have asked me if i could teach them and im all yea i can...just cuz it sounds polite at that moment. but knowing the fact that i dont even knw thm or where they live and if we ever gonna see eachother ever again etc how can i? )

very informative thread! (i didnt read it for a long time cuz i thought it be one of those threads of bashing each other again)

bhul chuk muaf karni

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh!

yeh.. i sure many of us brothers and sisters have gotten comments.. sikhs are VERY well respected by both africans and rastafarians alike.. women in many african tribes tie dastar-type head covers.. or some other sort of head tie...

its nice to get comments like that from other cultures... u can just imagine the beauty of our Guru's Roop..

Vaheguru...

LOL, trust someone to jump straight onto the negative!!!

Of course they are well known for smoking weed etc etc.

It was just interesting to see a quote like that in the Bible/Torah, if somehwat vague!!!!

Before anyone starts pointing their fingers at Rastas remember that our own Nihungs are notorious for taking weed "milkshakes" (sukha parsaad), sometimes even starting the day on the stuff.

Good point, guess what... No Indian(Hindu,Sikh) Takes Marijuana in a bad way. My mom's uncle use to drink it all the time. Rasta's on the other hand smoke it for pleasure and etc. So do americans. To americans its a addicting pleasure drug. To indians its parsaad. So yes in one way your right, but your wrong.

Cheers,

-Sikh.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Heera Singh: Well said man.

Cheers,

-Sikh.