Last Days Of The Raj - Channel 4 Documentary

I recorded most of it on DVD. let me know if you want it.

With regards to most of the previous comments, whilst I agree to some extent (in that we got the hard end of the stick), we have to remember we are the minority in India, always have been and always will be. It doesnt mean we have no rights, but it's something we should bear in mind....

We were certainly betrayed, but neither did we have a strong enough voice to really make a difference against the overwhelming Muslim and Hindu presence that has always been in India....

The best thing that happend to India was when the Brits were there....at least we lived in 'peace' with everyone.

The period between then and the late 1990s was pretty bad, but with Guru's kirpa, even if we never get Khalistan...there will be NO MORE bloodshed between Sikhs and Muslim and Hindus.....so much loss of life and it's served no purpose!!!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When i watched the first half i thought it was biased

still at the end it was but showed a lot of reality and also convicted many hinduz and muslims for the attacks aswell so you have to look at it open mindedly

yes they missed out alot of that stuff with what happen to Sikhs but the program still held alot of reality

was unfair how there was only one Sikh speaker and mainly Muslims

When i watched the first half i thought it was biased

still at the end it was but showed a lot of reality and also convicted many hinduz and muslims for the attacks aswell so you have to look at it open mindedly

yes they missed out alot of that stuff with what happen to Sikhs but the program still held alot of reality

was unfair how there was only one Sikh speaker and mainly Muslims

hmmm true only one guest... Master Tara Singhs daughter? grand daughter? she could hardly string a sentenace together in english. Where did the program makers get their researchers and guests from?

... talk about anti-sikh bias or what, never seen so much rubbish by any british tv program on sikhs before.

So... was it Master Tara's fault thatwe did'nt get independence or was it another one????

Yes master tara singh has majority of blame of why Sikhs were robbed of sovereignty. His "pakistan murdabad" statement before partition in 1946... nearly lead to him nearly getting killed when a muslim mob turned on him. Most of his relatives were murdered by muslims so he had personal grievences against them. I would personally want to know how he got to be leader of Sikhs. All other major political players of the time were all educated in prestigous english establishments, so they knew how to play the game.