Make 1984 riots part of Ardas, says Dal Khalsa

Mkhalsa

Make 1984 riots part of Ardas, says Dal Khalsa

TIMES NEWS NETWORK[ SUNDAY, DECEMBER 28, 2003 01:57:34 AM ]

CHANDIGARH: The Dal Khalsa has demanded that 1984 events against the Sikhs be incorporated in the daily “ardas” of the Sikhs.

In a resolution adopted at the Fatehgarh Sahib “Jor Mela,” the party observed that atrocities perpetrated on the Sikhs during Operation Bluestar and the anti-Sikh riots in 1984 should also be made part of the daily prayers, lest the coming generations forget the two tragic events.

Party general secretary, Kanwar Pal Singh Bittu, said here on Saturday that paintings and pictures depicting the two horrendous events be put up in the Sikh museum and made part of the Sikh heritage.

The Dal Khalsa objected to the increasing influence of migrant labour from other states and the possibility of the POTA being used against the Sikhs. The party resolved to observe February 15 as “fateh divas” when a Sikh warrior Baghel Singh unfurled the Sikh flag at the Red Fort in 18th century

Ardas was made by sikhs and many sikhs all over the world and all over the panth do ardas in different ways. The only part that cannot be changed is the beginning part thats starts with pritam bhagauti simar kai as that is bani. The rest was made by the panth and khalsa can change it to how they feel and to what should be remembered. Ardas already reminds us of important events and these are equally important panthic events. I know some taksalis that do ardas with a lot of passion and mention these incidents and 78 in different ways throughout ardas such as in one part "jinaa singha singhneea neh dharam het sees dite, band band katae, khopreean luhaeea, charkheea te chaRe, aarea naal charaegai" a singh went into how they were hit with bullets etc, i dont remember exactly i think it was "goleeaa mar mar kai, bomb shad shad kai" and then the rest..

like something was in every part but it fit so well, i wish i had a recording of this one singh (or had a good enough memory)