guru gobind singh jees parkash purab

theturbanator

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

according 2 nanakshshi calendar, guru gobnd singh jee's parkash purab is on 5th jan. but nanakshshi calendar is nt acepted even i all takhts. at takht sri patna sahib , its celebrated tday.as v all know, nanakshsi calendar is recognized by al panths, then why nt these takhts follow nanakshshi calendar ??????????

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bro it's whole damn stupid politics.. I think SGPC or akal takht is the one who control all power of all takhts and i think the jatehdar of Sri Patna sahib wants to show his own chair power (ego) and said "I won't accept this calendar". So anyway.. i think he got booted off from the jatehdar position etc.. never heard what happened.. but whatever it is.. it clearly shows that how easily anyone can ignore the rule/law of SGPC etc.. Just see the vatican guys.. They say/announce the rule and everybody without raising any question accepts it...

It's all damn politics man.. and at the end ppls like me and you get confused by these new or old dates.. sad ;)

Sat Sri Akal:

It is a problem which is causing a split in Sikh unity. When Guru Gobind Singh Sahib was in Chamkaur Sahib, his intention wasto fight to the death there. But the Panj Pyare there overrode his decision and Guru Sahib complied with that decision.

The Akal Thakat, with the majority of the Panth at its support, as approved the Nanakshahi calendar. This is essentially a Panthic level decision...what individual group has the daring to oppose a decision such as this? If the Guru Sahib was liable to the hukam of the Panth (as represented by the Panj Pyare), then no group has the authority to contradict the Panth's decision.

But, sadly, that is why there is no unity. Instead of sitting down and solving their disagreements, people out and out oppose the Panth's decisions...

the nanakshai calender was thought of some man who wears a turban and shaves his beard in Edmonton, yes a regular punjbai joe from Canada. He mailed them in india and they agreed to him because they thought it would be easier for the kids to memorise. But groups like damdami taksal and other groups disagreed wit this. Because the birk calender was used in the days of the Guru and thats how all the puran mashis and the sangrands are doen aswell. Also this is mentioned in one of the granths. Why should we change something that are gurus started.

the nanakshai calender was thought of some man who wears a turban and shaves his beard in Edmonton, yes a regular punjbai joe from Canada. He mailed them in india and they agreed to him because they thought it would be easier for the kids to memorise. But groups like damdami taksal and other groups disagreed wit this. Because the birk calender was used in the days of the Guru and thats how all the puran mashis and the sangrands are doen aswell. Also this is mentioned in one of the granths. Why should we change something that are gurus started.

CAn u provide reference of ur claims..

, yes a regular punjbai joe from Canada
how do U know it was a gay from Edmonton...who cuts his beard...

evne if he does..is it ur business..he might be more spiritual than every single one of us on

the board..how do we know?

how do u know its a guy from Edmonton?

reference? proof?..name?

He mailed them in india and t

hey agreed to him because they thought it would be easier for the kids to memorise

once again I repeat..Reference? Proof? ..anything ? NONE...

I think I've got the recording of the Bhai Saheb who made it, because he was interviewed by Panjab RAdio's Gurbani Veerchar presenters...

and he wasn't like u claimed him to be rolleyes.gif

how do u know it was made for kids?

can u provide pg number and refer to which Granth it was written in?

thank you ;)

bhull chukk maaf!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

yo i have no reference but you can ask anyone who knows about this topic. It was made for the kids because the dates would be the same every year like xmas is always on the 25th which makes it easy to remeber. But this is wrong because the gurus wouldnt have made the birk calender for us if they didnt want us to use it. We are changing what the gurus have started which we have not right to do and im pretty sure you dont need a reference to what i just said. For more info to find out why birk calender is wrong go to gursikhijeevan.com and wacth the video

Sangatto, please dont' get into these useless arguments. We really cannot solve this issue by arguing over it online. If anyone has any suggestions please mail them directly to Sri Akaal Takhat Sahib ji rolleyes.gif

Right?

Why do we really have to discuss these things? So we can do extra path for our chardi kaala on that day? If this is so I suggest that you go do extra paths on both of the days so there can be more chardi kaala for all of us :@

If your reasoning isn't much Gurmat than I don't see any good reason to discuss this topic.