Ashamed...

_anon_

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

waheguru jee ka khalsa, waheguru jee kee fateh!!

thanks for all the suggestions

perhaps you are not getting deep enough sleep. talk to a doctor, could be a medical condition.

ill definately look into that, you could be right.

so dont be to harsh on yourself and keep standards as high as the skys, you only human at the end of day, how old are you may i ask? and for how long have been waking up for amrit vela?

im not a singh. im 17, been getting up for a couple of years...so i should be used to the routine by now!! dont understand

a COLD COLD shower shud keep u awake.. dunno why it nah workin for u..

maybe do nitnem while walkin around... go for a walk in da early mornin.. take a gutka wit u... maybe find a park or lake or sumtin to walk around in...

bhaji, the shower is freeeeezing!! seriously coldddd (hot water runs out rolleyes.gif )

i think i might try going for a walk, i cant fall asleep while im walking

thanks again for all your help, ill let u know how it goes

waheguru jee ka khalsa, waheguru jee kee fateh!!!

Guest Gupt Singhni
singh, everyone should know that 8 hours is the recommended ammount of sleep you should have, every good scientist and doctor will tel you that, your missing out on 3 hours sleep, just like to point that out

also, keep in mind that its harsh on the human body to keep up amrit vela for the rest of your life, you might say "na man its easy, shaolin warriors do it all the time"

But some people do not need that much sleep. And why listen to humans when Gurbani tells us to sleep little. 8 hours is too much. Its not the quantity of sleep its the quality. Moreover, single-minded meditation is equivalent to many hours of sleep. Meditation also makes your sleep deeper so you would not need many hours of sleep. Therefore, Meditation is in fact better than sleep as it gives you more energy.

See link:

http://naam-jor.blogspot.com/2007/01/sleep-flaw-of-mind.html

Everyone needs a good night's sleep. Gurbani tells us not to over-eat or to over-sleep, it doesn't say we should under-sleep or under-eat, to do so is stupid and dumb and anyone who believes that is a retard.

My tips for a good night sleep are.

For me it's:

Having the window open during the night helps.

Cleaning my teeth and a shower really helps.

Going down the gym a few hours before really helps.

Not drinking caffeine also helps.

Not eating hot food for dinner (as in food having lots of chillies or pepper) also helps.

Eating a light meal and not a heavy one helps.

Sleeping with no artificial light coming in helps.

I set the temperature in my room to be 23C

I make sure the room is dead quiet.

Also I don't have an alarm to wake me up, I wake up naturally at the same time everyday, (unless I'm ill or something).

This will make you laugh. My uncle use to slap his kids around the face if he ever caught them snoring. Now that’s what you call discipline!

• 2 weeks later...

Waheguroo ji ka khalsa, waheguroo ji ki fateh

The problem is not enough naam.

It seems, for some reason that you are not doing enough naam abhiyaas. A lot of singhs wake up do Nitnem, Asa Di // and Sukmani sahib but then go to sleep, without practicing no naam abhiyaas they normally tend to wake up and sleep a lot latter or before.

We are not doing what the gurbani we read is telling us to do. 'Simro Simmar simmar sukh pavo', no offence to any body but people are looking at other peoples jeevans and practicing what they use to do, yet they don’t know the inner meaning to this. For example, Rangle sajjan a book by bhai sahib Randheer singh when reading this very interesting book, I to wanted to have the same jeevan as these rare individuals, in there it was regular written that they were doing nitnem at around 2.30 after having ishanaan this was very odd as naam abhiyaas is very important, but when I asked other learned gursikhs they said that there naam was going inside they didn’t have to jaap naam aloud or do sitting naam abhiyaas. People like us think we can do the same. NO we cant, we need to jaap a naam aloud in this initial stage.

One should do around 2.30 hours of naam abhiyaas, then nitnem. Then see the difference, try it for a while. You will only need 4 hours sleep after a few years, but you should make sure you don’t go to sleep at amritwela.

Most people have a cold ishnaan and then put the heater on full blast or a lot of clothing, there is no use in doing so.

Because of our age we will need more sleep, but when we do more naam abhiyaas we won’t need too much sleep, also age plays a lot in this. Try sleeping 6 - 8 hours but sleep on time and wake up on time, a lot of us sleep at like 8.30pm and then do amritwela but sleep a lot after which then destroys the routine, so sleeping a lot later will mean we wont be tired when it comes to 8.30pm. So then we will sleep for the sake of it. Sorry for confusing example.

We shouldn’t follow what our elders have done as they have done naam abhiyaas for life times, we need to do what gurbani tells us to do also Bhai Gurdaas ji vaara are a key to gurbani, one will learn a lot. Gurbani and naam are two different things.

Excellent post bhai sahib jee,

however im a bit confused wrt Gurbani and naam being 2 different things. . . i have been told by several chardii kaallla gursikhs that they are both the same. . . i.e. naam comes from gurbani, when you are reading gurbani you are also japping naam at the same time.

however im a bit confused wrt Gurbani and naam being 2 different things. . . i have been told by several chardii kaallla gursikhs that they are both the same. . . i.e. naam comes from gurbani, when you are reading gurbani you are also japping naam at the same time.

Gurmukho, you will get that a lot.

Naam is gurmantar, yeh. Gurbani is instructions, we are told what to do by the guru. OK I dont know if this is a good example but it just come in to my head, Guru Nanak dev jis bhagats didnt have gurbani as the Guru was a living guru. So what did they recite what was Guru Nanak Dev jis teachings, Naam Japo, Wand shako and Kirat Karo. What was naam at that time, so one can argue that it was mool mantar but there has to be something deeper. As bhai Gurdaas ji explains in his Vaara.

emm I dont think thats a good example but one thing we need to do is stop trying to be something we are not, a lot of these chdraikala gursikhs are either just telling you what they heard or others have the gurmantar going in there dusam dhuar while reading gurbani, some might be feeling raas while reading gurbani but thats the naam that they practiced in this life or past lives. Gurmukho I cant just say it and thats it, we need to practice it.

Again im not attacking any one, we are all learning for example, me and my brother like K_Z can have these types of talks without feeling negative about each other, even though we both belive two totaly diffrent things. I love you K_Z!

gurfateh ji

one thing i was thinking was that whilst you doing your nitnem...it is very important to know what it is you are saying...so it maybe worth listening to some katha or possibly reading a book on the meaning of each bannee in your nitnem...and i dont mean just the outer meaning like translations etc...but listen to some great mahapursh's katha on the meaning of the 5 banneeaa...when you now what your are saying you are more inclineed to listen to it...and recite it with love...then everyday it will feel like you are learning something new...as bannee is infinate....

i apologise if you already do this...just giving my 2pence worth i guess

we read bannee to praise maharaj...and to understand how and why we praise maharaj...that is how people go through the 4 different stages of spirituality(this is jsut one reason that i beleve...im sure there are many others)...

sorry for mistakes...

gurfateh ji

Gurbani is instructions

no im afraid gurbani is not just a set of instructions. by saying that you are bringing gurbani down. if vaheguru is gumantar and is naam, then how can gurbani be only instructions since 'vaheguru' is also written as a praise in gurbani?

your post seems to suggest that people can only get anand/raas from doing simran, and that if they do feel anand/raas from reading gurbani then it must be from their previous kamai. i disagree, gurbani can give you limitless anand, if you havent felt it, then fair enough, but to say it doesnt happen because of your experience or becuase of what other people have told you is equally misguided. gurbani is naam, the guru is naam, if naam is what saves us, then why do we say that even the glance or kirpa of the guru can save us? because that glance, those eyes of the guru are beyond amazing, they can give liberation in a split second. please dont try and limit the power of gurbani and the vastness of what is naam. i dont think any of us here can say what naam is or is not.