Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Papi
bRhmx kYlI Gwqu kM\kw AxcwrI kw Dwnu ]

iPtk iPtkw koVu bdIAw sdw sdw ABmwnu ]

"The following are all major sins:

a) Killing a Brahmgyani,

b) Killing a black cow

c) Killing or selling your daughter,

d) Eating from a person who has no moral discipline. Anyone who commits any of these has committed thousands of sins and this egotistical individual will be reprimanded thousands of times."

(SGGSJ Ang 1413)

http://www.damdamitaksal.com/lit_rehat_18.htm

i check guru sahib's ang 1413, didnt see any references to what its being talked about there grin.gif

Guest Narinder Singh

Dont kill cows because they give us milk? A lot of people cant drink milk because of health reasons, should this dumb rule apply to them also? We cut down trees everyday that give us OXYGEN to breathe (of which everyone needs), but those are cut down without any conflict.

Respect cows? Lol, i have yet to see or here about a mass protest by hindus (and even some misled sikhs) against mcdonalds and other fast food chains that sell cow meat in the millions. If a cow is so sacred to hindus why no uprising against this? A cow is one of the Hindu gods for crying out loud!

They're darpoaks, pakandis and hypocrites (not all, just the ones who complain about cow treatment).

Oh and on my last trip to india i cant even count the number of times my thiya almost hit a stray cow on the road when driving, what are these gaahn mata lovers doing to prevent this?

Fateh.

a) Killing a Brahmgyani,

b) Killing a black cow

d) Eating from a person who has no moral discipline. Anyone who commits any of these has committed thousands of sins and this egotistical individual will be reprimanded thousands of times."

(SGGSJ Ang 1413)

i check guru sahib's ang 1413, didnt see any references to what its being talked about there grin.gif

i have gave link to taksals webpage also .... rest i dont know .... but i remember sakhi that guru nanak devji gave sharap to lahore for killing a cow .... and guru ram das ji then gave vardans to lahore when requested by lahori sikhs .... i learned it now around 5 years back so cant remember what was whole scene ... more over when guru gobind singh sahib on their way to hajjor sahib went to jaipur ... they also commanded rai singh that time ruler of jaipur and shardhalu of guru sahib two things 1 not to give their daughters to turks and not to allow gau hatheya within his kingdom ....

Guest Papi
i have gave link to taksals webpage also .... rest i dont know .... but i remember sakhi that guru nanak devji gave sharap to lahore for killing a cow .... and guru ram das ji then gave vardans to lahore when requested by lahori sikhs .... i learned it now around 5 years back so cant remember what was whole scene ... more over when guru gobind singh sahib on their way to hajjor sahib went to jaipur ... they also commanded rai singh that time ruler of jaipur and shardhalu of guru sahib two things 1 not to give their daughters to turks and not to allow gau hatheya within his kingdom ....
try to get the full sakhi and post here :@

Dont kill cows because they give us milk? A lot of people cant drink milk because of health reasons, should this dumb rule apply to them also? We cut down trees everyday that give us OXYGEN to breathe (of which everyone needs), but those are cut down without any conflict.

Respect cows? Lol, i have yet to see or here about a mass protest by hindus (and even some misled sikhs) against mcdonalds and other fast food chains that sell cow meat in the millions. If a cow is so sacred to hindus why no uprising against this? A cow is one of the Hindu gods for crying out loud!

They're darpoaks, pakandis and hypocrites (not all, just the ones who complain about cow treatment).

Oh and on my last trip to india i cant even count the number of times my thiya almost hit a stray cow on the road when driving, what are these gaahn mata lovers doing to prevent this?

Fateh.

Well Said :TH: LoL @ the silly rule of the Black cow ,thats what i mean when i say Hinduism has made serious in roads into Sikhism and its Jathas

a) Killing a Brahmgyani,

b) Killing a black cow

(SGGSJ Ang 1413)

Maharaj jee probably said this because the raja was a Hindu, and shouldn't kill cows to keep with his own faith.

its on taksals website rolleyes.gif ... just using sant bhindrawalle's pictures in avtars will not make u taksalis as most have in here .... but have no clue about taksals mareyada ....

ਬ੍ਰਹਮਣ ਕੈਲੀ ਘਾਤੁ ਕੰਞਕਾ ਅਣਚਾਰੀ ਕਾ ਧਾਨੁ ॥

If a Brahmin kills a cow or a female infant, and accepts the offerings of an evil person,

ਫਿਟਕ ਫਿਟਕਾ ਕੋੜੁ ਬਦੀਆ ਸਦਾ ਸਦਾ ਅਭਿਮਾਨੁ ॥

he is cursed with the leprosy of curses and criticism; he is forever and ever filled with egotistical pride.

Page 1413, SGGS

Going by what our Guru says, Hindus have a point, somewhat...But the cow/bull has tuberculosis and it must be suffering. It might be more humane to put it down