Breaking News: Sikhs Clash With Dera Sucha Sauda Followers In Punjab, 12 Injured

harjinder

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫਤਹਿ ॥

Guru Piario Sadh Sangat Ji,

This news report was after Shri Akal Takht Sahib's Gurmata to the Sikh Panth. Included are interviews with both Shri Akal Takht Sahib Ji's and Shri Patna Sahib Ji's Jathedars. Plus footage of the 'cop' with the revolver just outside the Jathedars' meeting. Link -

http://panthkijeet.blogspot.com/2007/05/bu...-part-viii.html

The video won't work for me..... :devil:

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫਤਹਿ ॥[

Dear Veer Ji and Guru Piario Sadh Sangat Ji,

The videos have been reuploaded on to another site. Also, added are download links to FLV files.

Daas is working backwards down the updates and will have all the Punjab videos reuploaded in the next few hours. Please recheck.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if there are clashes of views between Damdami Taksal harsh stance on dera (ie- close all the dera by this date) and rest of khalsa panth ie- sant samaj, takth jathedars sahiban?

Media is saying - sri akaal takth sahib stance on closing all the dera's by may 27 is driven by damdami taksal singhs and leader- sant harnam singh dhuma? can anyone confirm that?

I personally think, sirsa dera has a right to practice their beleifs in their dera as long as they dont ridicule sikh maryada values, insult our guru maharaj and twist gurbani to suit their own needs (especially anand sahib puri on sarsa).

Here is an interesting thought on this topic,

There was a time when peaceful protest ment sitting on a hot tava, or being boiled, having your head removed.

You compare that to picking up a sword. Now a days a gun, easy to kill an enemy without even seeing his face from affar, thats easy. Comming face to face with your enemy and still having the face of compassion of humality and of restraint, that is true strength.

That is the strength our Gurus led and left our legacy for. Sikh ithas is full of those examples. Lets hope we set examples here and not pages we would want ot skip over of Sikh history in the making.

Guest Narinder Singh

I personally think that Sikhs of india have had enough of this garbage. The constant riducule of their character in the media, wrong information of sikh history and philosophy in school text books, fake babeh hijacking the sikh appearance, flooding punjab with alcohol and drugs, the list goes on and on, so im not even going to continue. Finally they've said "enough is enough, we wont tolerate this any longer". And what do we do? Talk crap about them.

When they were silent we called them sissy's, pushovers, "consciously dead", now when theyve risen and taken a stand, we think they're insane. I think its just human nature to complain if you do and complain if you dont.

I have nothing but respect for what the sikhs of india are doing right now, if i had a better solution, i would share it, but i dont, and im sure many of us hear dont either.

And Namstang veereh, these derewale constantly use gurbani and sikh philosophy and call it there own, aushutosh has done it, this fat baba has done it and a lot more, these dere arent doing anything good for anyone, nor are they trying to uplift anyones jeevan, the people running them are thieves, murderers, rapists and con-artists, they should end up behind bars or with a bullet in their head.

Fateh.

I'm sorry I have to disagree

there are plenty of other solutions - instead of getting together as a mob and burning innocent dera followers homes...i dont care what dera they from you just dont do that...it aint <admin-profanity filter activated> for tat! - we become as bad as they are dont we? Think about it - the media depict us as immature haters - are we giving them any reason not to? You got our leaders calling for someone to kill the baba and they'll pay gold but will they get off their butts n do it themselves? Nope. I know I cant talk from this PC screen but if I WERE in punjab you would NOT see me going to the streets cos what will that achieve? please someone answer this question...how does vandalism and raiding of shops help sikhi? or make us different from DSS? I salute shaheeds and I applaude those of the protesters who TRULLY believe in what they are doing...but from what i hear and see- most of them are making things worse!

That remark was made at the Antim Ardas of Shaheed Kanwaljit Singh and typical of the Indian media taken out of context. There was no remark about weighing whoever will kill DSS chief, the media seems to have regurgitated the statement made by Sant Jarnail Singh about the Nirankari chief. Thousands of Sikh youth at the funeral wanted to march and attack the homes of local DSS followers. Jathedar Nandgarh said something like 'the person you should want to kill is the DSS chief and not the followers' It was meant to take the heat off the situation.

Guest Narinder Singh
I'm sorry I have to disagree

there are plenty of other solutions - instead of getting together as a mob and burning innocent dera followers homes...i dont care what dera they from you just dont do that...it aint <admin-profanity filter activated> for tat! - we become as bad as they are dont we? Think about it - the media depict us as immature haters - are we giving them any reason not to? You got our leaders calling for someone to kill the baba and they'll pay gold but will they get off their butts n do it themselves? Nope. I know I cant talk from this PC screen but if I WERE in punjab you would NOT see me going to the streets cos what will that achieve? please someone answer this question...how does vandalism and raiding of shops help sikhi? or make us different from DSS? I salute shaheeds and I applaude those of the protesters who TRULLY believe in what they are doing...but from what i hear and see- most of them are making things worse!

Once again, complaining without having a solution is useless.

We have yet to have anyone post a practical solution other than whats happening in india right now.

Fateh

I personally think that Sikhs of india have had enough of this garbage. The constant riducule of their character in the media, wrong information of sikh history and philosophy in school text books, fake babeh hijacking the sikh appearance, flooding punjab with alcohol and drugs, the list goes on and on, so im not even going to continue. Finally they've said "enough is enough, we wont tolerate this any longer". And what do we do? Talk crap about them.

When they were silent we called them sissy's, pushovers, "consciously dead", now when theyve risen and taken a stand, we think they're insane. I think its just human nature to complain if you do and complain if you dont.

I have nothing but respect for what the sikhs of india are doing right now, if i had a better solution, i would share it, but i dont, and im sure many of us hear dont either.

And Namstang veereh, these derewale constantly use gurbani and sikh philosophy and call it there own, aushutosh has done it, this fat baba has done it and a lot more, these dere arent doing anything good for anyone, nor are they trying to uplift anyones jeevan, the people running them are thieves, murderers, rapists and con-artists, they should end up behind bars or with a bullet in their head.

Fateh.

It reminds me of the start of the the Singh Sabha movement in the late 1800's , when the Sikhs cleared the Gurdwaras of British supported Brahmin Mahants after finally having enough of their degenaracy. That is when 'Shaeedi Jathas' went to liberate Gurdwaras and often paid with their lives e.g Nankana Sahib Saka, Punja Sahib (Where a train ran over Singhs on the track), the Jaito Morcha etc.There were regular protests and Morchas starting from Akal Takht until the Gurdwaras were liberated.