Updated my site...

Mkhalsa

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very well done MKhalsa. kool we site. I also read keski as 5th kakaar, but most ppl, including me think kes is the 5th kakaar. One day i was reading Bhai Rama Singh Ji's book (punjabi version) and on page 57 he wrote that Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji gave him darshan around 1 or 2 in the morning and said 3 things to him. One was that 5th kakkar is 'Keski'. He wrote that Guru Ji also siad that the panth refusued to accept his (Guru Ji's) hukam. And Guru Ji told Bhai Rama Singh Ji to do Amrit Sanchar with keski as the 5th kakkar.

Though I am convinced by the arguments in MKalsa's conversion on keski and by Bhai Rama Singh Ji, but I have one question. Being keski as the 5th kakkar, doesn't it lessen the value and importance of kes? Are kes mentioned during Amrit Sanchar by AKJ, because anyone can wear keski even if he/she cuts, trims, or shaves his/her head?

One day I was reading 'Jail Chhithian' by Bhai Randhir Singh Ji. It is a very good book and must read for everybody, but in that book, i came accross that according to Bhai Sahib, an Amritdhari should not eat langar prepared by non-amritdhairs. Is it the reason why some or most AKJ sangat does not eat langar in the Gurdwaras? Why some people classify themselves as AKJ with pride, rather than calling themselves Sikhs, since they are are not representatives of AKJ? I have an amritdhari friend who was refused to do seva in the langar in India by AKJ ppl and when asked why, one person said that he did not take amrit from AKJ. Wouldn't it be nice if everybody calls themselves Sikhs rather than calling themselves as AKL, Taksali, etc. etc. or by any other jathebandi? These are only questions and views t

hat I want to clarify cuz I don't want to have a wrong image of AKJ in my mind and think of them as a Sect.

bhul chuk di khima,

Jaswant (Singh)

JSingh,

It is mentioned that one should not remove their kes because it will be a krehit. Even though AKJ promotes Keski as being a kakaar, they also tell a person the punishment of removing their hair. They would also tell one that if one removes their kakaars by accident they can do ardaas, but if no removes their kes by accident they must get peshed again.

As for this singh in India, he must of had been keeping bebik rehit, thats why he did not do seva. It makes sense, why would he serve food to people that he would not eat? A Singh will not sell meat to a person, in the same situation, it is not right for a person to serve food that they will not eat to others.

I hope this clears up things for you!