• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so was it wrong to make indria gandi fear

Pheena, to tell you the truth, i m not too worried about this,

i think muslims will that care of it.

and could you suggest something else, you seem to be avoiding this question

You are Comparing someone who took Wrongfull Actions which lead to Mass Murder of Sikhs against a law that is non-tolerant to religion expression. They are at a completly different Level When the French Gov starts to tear down Gurudwaras and starts to surpress Sikhi then one has every right to stand up for his/her dharm. .

Well i am definetly not going to suggest what you have suggested because i see nothing that can be gained positively by this. There is alot of Risk involved, even further the Safety of other sikhs in the country. My suggestion is obviously Diplomocy is the answer. If Diplomocy does not work then it does not work. But as far as taking up Kirpans and AK 47's to the president cannot be the Solution in my opinion. There has to be many many other alternatives. But the alternatives that you provide i do not agree with in this case. Its not only a Sikhs' problem but a problem of religion tolerence in general. If laws can be made without violence they can be ammended without violence.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Good post Pheena. Violence for the sake of violence hasn't benifited ANYONE. When the Sikhs stood up for themselves at the time of our Gurus, they did so only as a reaction to the Mogols' attempt to kill them. Never did the Sikhs pick up a sword for passing laws, never did the sikhs threaten to assasinate someone because he does not agree with our views (we are above that!). What do you really think threatening the Prez will do? Make him simpathetic? Rather, he'll hold your handy letter up to the world and say "see, told you so! These religious items are making even Sikhs into FANATICS!!". And when the racism picks up, and more sikhs are found dead, while various governments around the world, who formally embrased sikhism, turn against us, you will have NO ONE BUT YOURSELF TO BLAME.

Think about it.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Gill you have the "bad" Kharkoo mentality, an attack is not warranted against the french because the French government is not "attacking" the Sikh faith. First of all it is very important to read the news article and read that the French government was not even aware of Sikhs living in France. The French authoritie ssaid that Sikhs should have raised a voice when the investigations and interviews with community members were being held. One cannot jump to the conclusion that this was done without Sikh approval or input, according to the news, there was no input from the Sikh community at the time of this developing legislation. Sometimes the blame falls squarely on our soldiers, as Sikhs living in Western nations, instead of isolating ourselves in society we need to propagate our faith, educate our host nations about our faith, and get involved in politics of our nations instead of always fighting over who becomes President of the Gurdwara board, Our peopel spend so much time fighting each other and when things like this happen like the French situation, then it's "Hun Ki kareya, Pata Ni Petion Shuru kar lawo..."

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

I say the next step after the pen is civil disobedience. Wear a turban to school... wear it in a hospital, see what they do.

If they get arrested, that is the time to make a stand. ANY Human rights court in the world would overturn that law without question!!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

I say the next step after the pen is civil disobedience. Wear a turban to school... wear it in a hospital, see what they do.

If they get arrested, that is the time to make a stand. ANY Human rights court in the world would overturn that law without question!!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

^_^^_^^_^

thats crazy answer,

(finally somebody answered it)

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Here is a couple lines from the Universal Declaration of Human Rights passed December 10th 1948 at Paris, France:

Article 2

Everyone is entitled to all the rights and freedoms set forth in this Declaration, without distinction of any kind, such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, birth or other status.

Article 15

Everyone has the right to a nationality.

No one shall be arbitrarily deprived of his nationality nor denied the right to change his nationality.

Very importantly:

Article 18

Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion; this right includes freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom, either alone or in community with others and in public or pri

vate, to manifest his religion or belief in teaching, practice, worship and observance.

Whaddya think? ;)

Source: http://www.unesco.org/general/eng/legal/hu...an-rights.shtml

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!