Is Chating Naam Wothless For Non Amritdharies?

Guest andhula_neech

amritdhari singhs are given naam to jaap by punj peyare like in earlier times it was given by guru sahib himself .... no one other can give u naam and this no one includes person himself .... if we are giving naam to people our kids and everyone around we are just breaking mareyada of guru and sikh ....

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

amritdhari singhs are given naam to jaap by punj peyare like in earlier times it was given by guru sahib himself .... no one other can give u naam and this no one includes person himself .... if we are giving naam to people our kids and everyone around we are just breaking mareyada of guru and sikh ....

Thats not my question jassa veer. My question is if only panj pyaare can give naam, what about people from other religions? Don't they jap naam?

actually there have been several puuran mahatma saadhus who gave naam, and the panth accepts them as puuran mahapurakhs. Japping gurmantr and moolmantr without taking amrit is fine and one who does will recieve gifts, tey wil want to take amrit. . . e.g. bhai rama singh b4 taking amrit did how many sukhmani sahibs and gurmantr jaap aday? im sure he received the fruit of these paats upon being blessed with amrit. and known as a real chardi kallaaa gursikh of the panth. please stop going off topic.

Guest andhula_neech

please do not fight over chanting naam is worthless.

i am very sorry for making that the heading of topic and it was not actually my question.

i am again and again asking to discuss about naam simran, read my previous reply please.

Guest _Singh_
actually there have been several puuran mahatma saadhus who gave naam, and the panth accepts them as puuran mahapurakhs. Japping gurmantr and moolmantr without taking amrit is fine and one who does will recieve gifts, tey wil want to take amrit. . . e.g. bhai rama singh b4 taking amrit did how many sukhmani sahibs and gurmantr jaap aday? im sure he received the fruit of these paats upon being blessed with amrit. and known as a real chardi kallaaa gursikh of the panth. please stop going off topic.

Khalistan Zindabad, only guru sahib can give naam through punj pyare, no indivdual can give it. A true mahapursh would say only guru sahib is the true giver of the invaluable naam.

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

If a person never takes amrit then they have wasted a lifetime. the supreme fruits of naam japna can only be experienced after taking amrit. however that is not to say that non amritdharis should not jap naam. like khalistan zindabad said the more a person japs naam/gurbani before taking amrit, the more rehit the abhlaaki keeps in preperation then this will be useful. if we emerse ourselves in naam and gurbani before amrit sanchar then surely we wil be blessed by mahraj.

however amrit is like opening a bank account. the naam you jap is your money that you save. if you have not opened the bank account then how can you save the money?

taking amrit is essential, and we all hope to have wahegurus jis darshan and to merge back in to waheguru. if we reject the most important thing that satguru sri guru granth sahib ji has given us... amrit then how can we hope to achieve these goals?

so japping naam for a non-ad is not worthless as it will eventually bring them closer to amrit. however if we have not taken amrit and recieved naam then how can we jap it effectively and receive the highest fruits of our labour?

mukhahu har har sabh ko karai viralai hiradhai vasaaeiaa ||

Everyone can chant the Name of the Lord, Har, Har with their mouths, but only a few enshrine it within their hearts.

naanak jin kai hiradhai vasiaa mokh mukath thinh paaeiaa ||8||2||

O Nanak, those who enshrine the Lord within their hearts, attain liberation and emancipation.

japping naam aint just about saying it, anybody can 'jap naam' like the above gurbani states, many other people from other faiths do this and have been doing this for ages, without satguru we cannot receive or enshrine the true naam gurmantr.

satguru is jyot of 10 guru sahibans sri guru granth sahib ji. if everything was ok and all other dharams could jap naam effectively n reach waheguru then what was the need for guru nanak dev ji to come to this earth? the fact is in this age of kalyug only satguru nanak can save us no1 else.

sabh thae vaddaa sathigur naanak jin kal raakhee maeree ||4||10||57||

Guru Nanak is the greatest of all; He saved my honor in this Dark Age of Kali Yuga. ||4||10||57||

bin sathigur saevae bahuthaa dhukh laagaa jug chaarae bharamaaee ||

Without serving the True Guru, he suffers in terrible pain, and throughout the four ages, he wanders aimlessly.

ham dheen thum jug jug dhaathae sabadhae dhaehi bujhaaee ||1||

I am poor and meek, and throughout the ages, You are the Great Giver - please, grant me the understanding of the Shabad. ||1||

har jeeo kirapaa karahu thum piaarae ||

O Dear Beloved Lord, please show mercy to me.

sathigur dhaathaa mael milaavahu har naam dhaevahu aadhhaarae || rehaao ||

Unite me in the Union of the True Guru, the Great Giver, and give me the support of the Lord's Name. ||Pause||

naam can only be obtained from satguru ji no1 else, satguru ji has been present thorughout the ages but in this worst age of kalyug there was a need for guru nanak dev ji the highest of all to enter the world and give us gurmat n gurmantr.

without maharaj we have no hope. mahrajs first hukam is to accept the path.

jo tho praem khaelan kaa chaao ||

If you desire to play this game of love with Me,

sir dhhar thalee galee maeree aao ||

then step onto My Path with your head in hand.

if we do not give our head to mahraj then what hope do we have of crossing this world ocean? we need a boat n thats naam, without taking amrit the naam inside us is not enlightened and we carry on wandering in darkness.

the naam drih issue has been going on for ages n its getting boring now, if you want to understand naam drih completely then receive it. people that have not experienced it cannot comment on it and its fruits. even without naam drih naam abhyaas is fruitful so just carry on jappin naam. one day hopefully we wil get to a stage where we can truely jap naam with every breath n forever stay in naam ras.

these are just my humble opinions.

bhull chuk maaf

waheguroooo