More Sikhi In Foreign Countries?

Why does it seem like theres more sikhi in Canada compared to India??

From my personal experience of going to india last year it seems like theres not much sikhi there (in youth).

Punjab just doesnt seem to chardikala to me personally. The reason why i think this some guys in india wear a turban as fashion, like the whole match the pug and the colour of their shirt. Maybe this is just a girls point of view but why do punjabi guys seem so peverted, not just guys uncles babas like serously its constant starring and checking out girls. Im not saying punjabi kids in Canada are all wonderful but i serously have not see any youth in india have pyar for sikhi, this is just from my experience not like i lived there visited for 2 months. What made me angry was that when i went to Harmandhar Saheb (golden temple) i was with my mom im walking in the parkarma and all these guys wouldnt stop smiling at me and this was my first day there so i was really disgusted. When i say smiling i dont mean nice friendly smiles, perverted smiles. If a girl with a dastar goes to india she would think itd be more common to see girls with dastars in india, but its not really and people stare at you MORE. I dunno what to say drugs are everywhere, punjabis do drugs in india and in foreign countries. I just wanted to ask what the sangat's views on sikhi in punjab are. Sorry if it sounds like im generalizing bhull chuff maff wjkk wjkf

Yerr its true, My sis went India in November and some guys at Takhat Kesgarh Sahib started winking at her whilst they were eating Langer and then started licking thier lips...even though she was sitting there with her little son and then they followed her out but she slapped em one and then they went away! :lol:

this may be true in Punajb becuase people have made Gurdas mann their guru over sri guru granth sahib ji.

Personally, I'm 100% ceratin there are chardi kala sikhs in any part of the world. Just small in number. But as someone once said, things which are valuable always come in small quantities. Can you imagine what the value of Diamonds would be if it was as abundant as, say grass? Diamonds are valuable because of their rarity, their purity, their special cut, etc etc. In the same manner chardi kala sikhs are chardi kala because they are the rarest of the rare.

Even Gurbaani mentions how rare are those who medidate on God 24-7 and are in union with Him, which is the essence of being in chardi kala.

peace.

Sat Sri Akal;

After 1984 most of the Gursikhs were killed and those left are weak people whose Blood remains cold even when our people were massacared in thousands, so what you except, the children of such people will be weak, as there parents have put into them cowardness and never tell them what happens, There are some disgracefull sikhs who made fun of our Shaheeds.

But not to worry this is only a small setback, i am also from Punjab and born In those turbulent years.

It is the wishes of Guru, noone knows of his wishes, as long as we are strong in sikhi, Sikhi will survive.

One Good Leader(not even Political) and we will change this, and can start all over again.

I will end as

Tere Khande ne jina de mooh moode|

Oh saanu pher lalkarde ne||

Baajan wale baaj nu bhej|

Tatheere pher udarri marde ne||

Waheguru jee da Khalsa|

Waheguru jee de Fate||

this may be true in Punajb becuase people have made Gurdas mann their guru over sri guru granth sahib ji.

Personally, I'm 100% ceratin there are chardi kala sikhs in any part of the world. Just small in number. But as someone once said, things which are valuable always come in small quantities. Can you imagine what the value of Diamonds would be if it was as abundant as, say grass? Diamonds are valuable because of their rarity, their purity, their special cut, etc etc. In the same manner chardi kala sikhs are chardi kala because they are the rarest of the rare.

Even Gurbaani mentions how rare are those who medidate on God 24-7 and are in union with Him, which is the essence of being in chardi kala.

peace.

It s very very true......Turban in India is more abt Fashion and style Statement more than being a gift of GuruJi ...I stay in India ..nt In Punjab though but all the observations made are very correct.

With Cut beards I hardly see any Intellectual GurSikhs in Urban or Rural Punjab. I should be the last person on earth to judge anyone on their sikh values but sometimes I just cant help my frustration grow.

I dont say that Cutsurds or Monay are bad but we expect some more devotion at the Birthplace of Sikhism.

I see people Outside the state of Punjab being more religon conscious and closer towards Gursikh Values.

Its really heartwarming to know that people outside India are So Sikhi Conscious and try to Uphold their Sikh Values against all Odds.

Fateh!

Why does it seem like theres more sikhi in Canada compared to India??

Delusional.

From my personal experience of going to india last year it seems like theres not much sikhi there (in youth).

Wrong.

Punjab just doesnt seem to chardikala to me personally.

False

The reason why i think this some guys in india wear a turban as fashion, like the whole match the pug and the colour of their shirt.

True. Doesn't the same thing happen in the west too?? People wearing kadai walle gatre to match their kadai walle suits. Guys going for expensive branded clothing. Its real hard to get rid of MAYA.

Maybe this is just a girls point of view but why do punjabi guys seem so peverted, not just guys uncles babas like serously its constant starring and checking out girls.

True to some extent. But looking at people is in Punjabi Blood if you know what i mean. They are used to staring at things that don't fit in the place :lol: .

Im not saying punjabi kids in Canada are all wonderful but i serously have not see any youth in india have pyar for sikhi, this is just from my experience not like i lived there visited for 2 months.

When i first came to Canada all i saw was sikh girls in skimpy outfits. Point here is in 2 months you can't reach a conclusion.

What made me angry was that when i went to Harmandhar Saheb (golden temple) i was with my mom im walking in the parkarma and all these guys wouldnt stop smiling at me and this was my first day there so i was really disgusted. When i say smiling i dont mean nice friendly smiles, perverted smiles.

Seems like you know a lot about perverted smiles tongue.gif . but yeah your observations hold truth.

If a girl with a dastar goes to india she would think itd be more common to see girls with dastars in india, but its not really and people stare at you MORE.

You are "DA PRINCESS"..what do you expect..people will look at you bibi :|

I dunno what to say drugs are everywhere, punjabis do drugs in india and in foreign countries. I just wanted to ask what the sangat's views on sikhi in punjab are.

We the JATTS of POOOOnJAB :lol: