Guru Gobind Singh Ji's Description

I believe it is Gyani Gurbachan Singh ji Khalsa (Bhinderawale) or even Baba Sundar Singh ji who stated that Guru Gobind Singh Sahib Maharaj was 6'2 with slender built. Whereas Gurujis grandfather, Guru Hargobind Sahib was 7'0 and massive heavy built (they also stated their actual weight, but I can't recall it now....perhaps "6 munn"...not sure though).

This is the view that Taksal holds, and also (but don't qute me) Rarsahib and Nanaksar, and various other Sant Sampardas.

The only reason varition occurs is Maharaj gives darshan of their sareer-roop in whatever form one perfers to visualizes them. If you visualize them in the sobha singh style, then that's the roop you will get darshan of.

But the 6'2 figure is believed to be the actual height as taguht by Taksal and other samparda mahapurakhs.

end of the day, this not really something we should debate in angery tones. Let everyone believe as it pleases them, as long as our love for Bapuji is not lessened.

I agree with jai tegang. Man bro you hit the nail rite on the hammer. Different people may have different expreinces. I have always thought of Guru ji as six 1 or 2. But to each his own. But even harbhajan singh yogi is entitled to his opinion right. What I disagree with is people disrespecting someone just cause they have different views.

I mean its different if the person is or did bring ppl away from sikhi. But one should think twice about their own jeevani and what they have done before they belittle someone who has inspired an entire different race to embrace amrit and sikhi. I'm not a follower of yogi ji. But I have respect for anyone who has done that much for the panth. Also I have heard a lot of his speeches and although i may not agree with everything a lot is pretty profound.

Maybe we should think twice before we say "take that yogi" in a very disrespectful way. I mean lets look at how many ppl we have inspired on this path. I haven't even inspired one so how can i say anything against someone who guru ji decided to use to spread a message of love peace and unity. Sure all may not be in line with my bliefs or beliefs of others. But as long as a farmers crop is growing strong than maybe we should look at our own barren field before we criticise the method of the other farmer.

Just my thoughts. Bhul Chuk Maaf karna.

A good way to find out will be to measure the length and structure of his personal shastras they would have been made to measure according to his arm length, hand etc. I have been told before that Guru Ji was about 5ft4. You have to remember that people were generally shorter in Guru jis time, that’s generally, globally. As life expectancies, nutrition, medicines have improved, physically, structurally human beings have become taller. One example is in most instants if you look at your parents you will see that you in most instants when fully grown will be a tad taller your parents, subsequently they were probably a bit taller than your great grandparents. As with all living things humans are also evolving all the time.

On another level, the mind set of tall, sharp featured, pal white gora, burly, Gurus as being angelically visually appeasing is nothing but European influenced stereotyping, two hundred years of British subcontinent rule has been pretty good at doing that. Also depictions of our Gurus looking like Anglo-Saxons with Aryan features as depicted by Sobha Singh is most misleading. The reality being when Sobha Singh was contracted to do the paintings of the Gurus he painted Guru Nanak Dev Ji wearing a Kashmiri type sili topi which is what he actually wore the S.G.P.C asked him to change it in to a round type distar. Maybe they were worried that people may see it as green light to wear topis, I don’t know. From what I know the original with the topi was also printed. From what I understand the picture of Guru Gobind Singh ji in Hazoor Sahib is a close resemblance to Guru ji. In the paining one can see that the dimensions and proportions seem more genuine and also the karas and attire are more correct and intone with a the period also you will notice that Guru jis Tegh/Kirpan is placed correctly curved down in a knotted kamarkusa.

ur POST IS OUT OF COTEXT . From the clothes worn by GURU JI AT THE TIME OF CHAMKAUR SHAIB WAR IT IS CLEAR HE WAS MORE THAN 6 FEET TALL. u should read the book on ancient history written by RC MAZUMDAR in which he has written that people of punjab were taller and fairer .even greek authors mentioned it when greeks invaded Punjab in 326 B.c . even biograper of MEHMOOD GAZNI , SHAH JAJAN MENTIONS THE SAME. CLOTHES OF GURU GOBIND JI ARE AVAILABLE AT DALLA SINGH FAMILY IN DAMDAMA SHAIB AS FAR FOOD IS CONCERNED DURING MEDIVAL TIMES PEOPLE ATE BETTER PESTICIDE FREE FOOD AND WERE HEALTHIER. PICTURE IN HAZUR SHAIB IS IN SITTING POSTUE WAS MADE IN 19TH CENTURY.

aNOTHER FEATURE ABOUT GURU HARGOBIND WAS EXPERT in chemical sciences ,physical sciences and medical sciences and did reasearch in successful manner in agiculture , in 1982 a christain periet showed letters written and coins with VANI written IN ancient english language and offered to donate to SGPC but at that SGPC was headed by pro marxist G.S TOHRA who ignored it even sikh scholars were dominated pro RSS AND LEFTIST HISTORIANS who were anti-panthic. some of the books from the times of GURU HARGOBIND JI WAS GOT BURNED BY THEN SGPC CHIEF sant fateh singh in 60s as mentioned in History of Sikhs written by dr gopal singh . GURU HAR RAI FROM THE MEDICAL KNOWLEDE TAKEN FROM 6TH GURU CURED DARA SIKOH ,we learn GURU GOBIND SINGH KNEW many languages as eroupeans came earlirr to GURU NANAK DEV JI THAT duch perist claims these letters and coins were gifted to his forefathers by GURU JI HIMSELF.

DUE to net problem Iam writing in parts from the KACCHERA of GURU HARGOBIND JI AND OTHER CLOTHES IT IS CLEAR THAT GURU JI WAS 6 FEET 7 INCHES WITH 56 INCHES OF CHEST, one of the handgun of GURU HARGOBIND ji was so good in quality in the range it could shoot in more range than any of the modern day handguns and was deadlier. GURU GOBIND SINGH JI PANJ HATHA WEAPON COULD BE USED AS SWORD, SPEAR, PISTOL, GUN AND KATAR and was lever operated. iT IS possible that GURU GOBIND SINGH JI knew european dialects FORMER MINORITY COMMISION CHAIRMAN SAID IN FUCTION IN ONE OF VISIT TO SPAIN he went in aisland under spain where he found GRANTH SHAIB in spainish language and local people who smoke and left sikhi told him that it was their holy BOOK nad after learning about sikhi they offered to take AMRIT but AGAIN SGPC PUPPET in hands of anti sikh MARXIST LEADER PAGAL h.s surjeet refused to coperate this is sad story of sikh leadership

does it hurt if we discuss the gurus height?

nah i think wat veerjee means to says is that usually with most "disussion" type topics on SS tend to blown into full scale debates and heated arguments (bhul chuck maafi not all but some)

its true it is the essence of 10th Patshah's teachings we should have great dicusiions on and not something so trivial as his pysical appearence

bhul chuck maafi

yea thats wat i meant to say.

even daas agrees