Bhangra

true someone said earlier...you cant be a singh and drink.me personally i think its wrong to be an amritdhari and think its right to drink but i think you can still be a singh and drink.

Ideally one cant be a singh/kaur before taking amrit bai..but its sad to see how singh/kaur are being misused. but chalo lets not discuss this here, let us tackle the dancing issue first :umm: .

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lohgarh Singh

what do you mean where does it say they were baptized? your trying to nit-pik here to avoid the point and truth. but chalo, mcqueen was on about the nihang warriors, all nihangs are amrit dhari

and the bhangarvale soldiers were said to be so "ill-disiplined" that maharaja ranjit singhs troops had to surround them from all sides so they wudnt go off on one, obviously they kept the front clear so they could engage.

well true in a sense...but guruji gave singh and kaur as last names to promote equality omong us. so in that sense anyone should be able to have the name singh/kaur weather you drink/cut hair/eat meat etc....correct me if im wrong but that makes logical sense to me

well the times of the britsh raaj wernt exactly the best times for sikhs they were getting corrupted left right and centre... everyone knows alchol is fobbiden in sikhism

jsut because a few so called "nihang" warrriors drank doesnt jsutify that drinking is ok

i think one of the 52 hukams of Guru Gobind Singhs goes along the lines of

Sharaab nai saevani

Do not partake of alcoholic drinks.

true someone said earlier...you cant be a singh and drink.me personally i think its wrong to be an amritdhari and think its right to drink but i think you can still be a singh and drink.

Ideally one cant be a singh/kaur before taking amrit bai..but its sad to see how singh/kaur are being misused. but chalo lets not discuss this here, let us tackle the dancing issue first :umm: .

a person cant even stand straight after drinking sharab let alone fight :umm:

actually singh thats if your drunk(legless)...alcohol is known to give a person the feeling on invincibilty...ever noticed how the irish would drink before fighting an english man and 99pct of the time win...beacuae alcohol gives that feeling...its not the alcohol that makes them stronger its gives as they say "deutch courage"....trust me on this i know

Guest Lohgarh Singh

they didnt drink so much alchohol they cudnt even walk str8, just that bit too give them that untouchable feeling as brother sardar dholi said

i dunno if its right or wrong ....i dont think its apart of sikhi...bhsangra is a punjabi cultural thing...dont mix the two...and how often do u hear "real" bhangra....always the same crap with sluts(sorri 4 the language) dancing in the videos,drinking and stsrting beef 4 dumb reasons....if anything pretty opposite to sikhi

then theres those rare tunes that talk about the real stuff....but how often do those come around?