Bbc Asian Network, Talk On Turbans Now!

i wouldnt be suprised if a couple of singhs got depressed over this issue........

OYEE singhs arent the type to get depressed :umm:

i meant young impressionable singhs who feel self conscious if you get me..........

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Akirtghan
who wears a turban to look attractive ?? :umm:
i dooooo woohoo.gif my pugh is hawwwtt :T:
who wants to get a girl in the first place?? :umm:
you do tongue.gif
don't waste your time on useless bbc discussions, read some bani instead or try a new style of dastar :lol: .
:TH:

who wears a turban to look attractive ?? :umm:
i dooooo woohoo.gif my pugh is hawwwtt :T:
who wants to get a girl in the first place?? :umm:
you do tongue.gif

Ju look HAWTTT nonetheless :D and i dont wanting no girl..my family wanting one :umm: . i believe in "If you don't have a wife, you won't go broke." :lol:

funny discussion... who wears a turban to look attractive ?? :umm: who wants to get a girl in the first place?? :umm:

don't waste your time on useless bbc discussions, read some bani instead or try a new style of dastar :lol: .

hehehehehehehehe u tuk the words rite outa my mouth.......i find this station is hungry for controversy for better ratings and nuffing else...........

You form a connection with a person for who they are on the inside and a dastaar shud make a singh or singhni pround if thier spose has one.............

DASTAAR ZINDABAD :umm:

for 500 years sikhs have worn turbans................

the muslims tried to get us to cut our hair.....but we won and distroyed their indian rule....

500 houndred years !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and these idiots ask this ? ......... i would like to slap their face .... :umm: )))) woohoo.gif :nihungsmile: :e: :T: :WW::

What is wrong with half the people posting on this topic?!?! Whats with all this dont waste time on these bbc discussions etc etc? Phone in, text in and email in the basic facts regarding topics featuring Sikhs and they'll be educated on the subject. Before you start on me for saying that, this same show/presenter had Tigerstyle on the show talking about their track (Son of a Sardar) live on radio - now if they were anti Sikh or watever, do you think that would have happened?

I'm getting kinda tired of some people talking about ignoring and boycotting shows etc but instead of doing that why dont you actually do something and voice your opinion? That way the world might even learn something.

These young 'impressionable singhs' will only be encouraged if we go on the radio etc and say what we are about - it'll also give them food for thought regarding what to say if they get asked about their religion and what it represents.

We need to stop being defensive and hiding our heads in the sand (why should we stop listening to what the world is saying about us) and get out there are voice what Sikhi is really about, tell the world about the lives we are living and how its all about walking the walk, not just talking the talk (Sikh by nature, not by name..).

umm I dunno if you guys actually listerned to the show but I think it was pretty positive and made me feel very proud.

Nihal commented how singhs looked smart etc and people phoned and texted in saying having a Turban has been an advantage for them in society when looking for jobs etc. Muslims Hindus and Christians alike rang in and commented how they trusted a turban wearing Sikh more and had higher respect for them compared to other groups.

I thought it portrayed a very positive message to keep Turbans! :umm:

It finished on a very positive note I thought?!

Guest militant singh

who cares abt dem girls who dnt lke turbans or singhz dey can go tke a jump,if dey cnt see da essence of our glory and history and the significance of our Crowns and kesh thy aint Sikhz