Sikh Artwork

dalsingh101

I 2nd that. Whenever I paint, draw or whatever, I don't always consider all relevant details, even though I am a bit of a perfectionist. Plus, it depends on who the demographic is, the purpose behind the work and what inspires the artist in the first place.

As for people who are saying that this artwork contains some historically inaccurate detail, perhaps that was one of the motives behind it; kinda like spot the differnce!

but anyway, all Im suggesting is that ppl consider the reasons why it may be inaccurate; thats a whole other gerah thatz been discussed in another thread...

Personally, I find this sort of style inspirational. So what if its not entirely right, its art; its perspective and thats what makes it what it IS...

YHWH! :D

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To add to the details that painters these days seem to forget.. in EVERY depiction of Guru Nanak Sahib Jee that i've seen.. He is portrayed as having a big strong heavyweight body.. In one of Bhai Gurdaas Jee's Vaaran, (I think), Guru Sahb is described as being Extremely skinny.. the line "Babe Kee Kangi Nikle" proves that He had a very skinnny "kamaya" (hard worked) body.. i hope to find a depiction like that one day...

Well, he was from a relatively well to do background and presumably was fed well. Why would you want to see him skinny. I expect him to be fit and lean and strong from all of the meditation and long walking they did.

Also the fact that he physically took up farming at the end of his life (pre-tractor and mechanic tools) shows he was physically fit and strong even in late life.

He is amazingly talented. People like him should be encouraged.

You can by buying prints of his art.....that way he will do more.