Sikh Propaganda

ranj03

sure theres an exageration but as dalsingh keeps pointing out there is a truth behind it and if exagerating is the only way to get people to understand there IS a problem then maybe its nt that bad!

bhul chuk maf :wub:

Is overestimating the numbers involved and exaggerating the seriousness of incidents reported the Gurmat way? It can be argued that often rumour and urban legend are a substitute for factually based accounts with the aim of increasing the perceived magnitude of the problem. I personally think that as GurSikhs it is NOT justifiable to blow a situation out of proportion no matter what the intentions are. Sooner or later our own adverse actions will catch up with us.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

STOP AGROVATING A VERY VERY RARE ISSUE, THAT NEARLY MOST OF THE TIME IS SELF INFLICTED BY WILLING CONVERTED SIKH GIRLS.

very rare issue? Well mr Ranj, in the past week i have heard of 2 instances of muslims lads following lone sikh women drivers around asking them to pull over. one of theses instances happened to a friend of mine, shed been shopping at a supermarket and got in her car and a group of muslim lads started following her and flashing their headlights and asking her to pull over and i dont think they were going to ask for directions.

Ive worked with a lot of muslims and they are all hardcore islamic. there is no such thing as a moderate muslim, they can parade around with you being your best friend but be aware that they will readily stab u in the back if need be.

This is not any propoganda and a story from a leaflet. This is real, so wake the Fcuk up. In my eyes, no muslim can be trusted...!

Ive worked with a lot of muslims and they are all hardcore islamic. there is no such thing as a moderate muslim, they can parade around with you being your best friend but be aware that they will readily stab u in the back if need be.

This is not any propoganda and a story from a leaflet. This is real, so wake the Fcuk up. In my eyes, no muslim can be trusted...!

These kind of dangerous blanket judgemental views, which are being promoted by some "Sikh" groups, need to be avoided. It adds NO legitimacy to any dharmic cause.

vadee so vajag naankaa sachaa vaykhai so-ay.

Evil actions become publicly known; O Nanak, the True Lord sees everything.

sabhnee chhaalaa maaree-aa kartaa karay so ho-ay.

Everyone makes the attempt, but that alone happens which the Creator Lord does.

agai jaat na jor hai agai jee-o navay.

In the world hereafter, social status and power mean nothing; hereafter, the soul is new.

jin kee laykhai pat pavai changay say-ee kay-ay. ||3||

Those few, whose honor is confirmed, are good. ||3||

With this subject i feel there is no propagander. Its all true.

The people who say its propergander ,are the ones who dont to want belive it cos it so upsetting. They cant handle it so they brush under the carpet.

WAKE UP.

My concern is that all some people on this forum seem to do is attempt to arouse prejudices in our families/community by labeling the Muslim community as something Sikhs fear, hate, loathe and find undesirable. Why is it everytime we post anything to do with the Muslim community reporting it focuses on the stereotypical traits that the reader expects, even though they are far from being representative of the whole community?

Below is a wikpedia definition for the term "propaganda". As responsible individuals, perhaps we should question whether some of the current direct anti muslim/hindu stuff being preached by a few of our UK youth fall in this category?

Propaganda is a concerted set of messages aimed at influencing the opinions or behavior of large numbers of people. Instead of impartially providing information, propaganda in its most basic sense presents information in order to influence its audience. The most effective propaganda is often completely truthful, but some propaganda presents facts selectively to encourage a particular synthesis, or gives loaded messages in order to produce an emotional rather than rational response to the information presented. The desired result is a change of the cognitive narrative of the subject in the target audience.

The people who say its propergander ,are the ones who dont to want belive it cos it so upsetting. They cant handle it so they brush under the carpet.

WAKE UP.

My concern is that all some people on this forum seem to do is attempt to arouse prejudices in our families/community by labeling the Muslim community as something Sikhs fear, hate, loathe and find undesirable. Why is it everytime we post anything to do with the Muslim community reporting it focuses on the stereotypical traits that the reader expects, even though they are far from being representative of the whole community?

Below is a wikpedia definition for the term "propaganda". As responsible individuals, perhaps we should question whether some of the current direct anti muslim/hindu stuff being preached by a few of our UK youth fall in this category?

Propaganda is a concerted set of messages aimed at influencing the opinions or behavior of large numbers of people. Instead of impartially providing information, propaganda in its most basic sense presents information in order to influence its audience. The most effective propaganda is often completely truthful, but some propaganda presents facts selectively to encourage a particular synthesis, or gives loaded messages in order to produce an emotional rather than rational response to the information presented. The desired result is a change of the cognitive narrative of the subject in the target audience.

The best thing for you to do is to go and spend time with a family whose daughter has run off with one or converted, preflerby 2-3 days after it occurring.

You wanna see the state of these people, or you can imgaine the state of them. Its like someones died well many people have died in fact. Some loose their minds, heavy crying, suicidal, being sick and depressed.

..Then go round looking for fancy definitions on the internet.

WAKE UP.

The best thing for you to do is to go and spend time with a family whose daughter has run off with one or converted, preflerby 2-3 days after it occurring.

You wanna see the state of these people, or you can imgaine the state of them. Its like someones died well many people have died in fact. Some loose their minds, heavy crying, suicidal, being sick and depressed.

..Then go round looking for fancy definitions on the internet.

I am not attacking the issue. I believe you. However, I feel the issue is being manipulated to create blatant combat between different religious communities. Rather than create an “awareness” there seems to be more of an obsession with some groups of youth to discredit a whole religious community. I am sorry but that’s what I sometimes see and that’s something that I am also concerned about.

sarbloh jee , from my understanding of sikh history ,my experiences and observations and reading wat i read ,infact ,no one especially from our sikh fraternity has ever ,or is manipulating this issue to cause combat between communities .maybe thats paranoia?i think in fact ,wat is being created is alert and awareness because as a whole we sikhs are balanced ,rational and fair in our approach to other communities thats why we get along so well and have eraned the respect of other communities wherever we are in the world ,from malaysia to the USA.

the hot issue of the day ,and something we sikhs have understood and have had to face for a long time in our history is not the discrediting of a whole religous community ,but ,the exposure of ,the very nature and history of islam and ,or rather,its most common interpretations which fuel religous fanticism ,bigotry,forced conversions,denial of human rights ,intolerance,and violence .infact major debates are opening up between islamic scholars of different persuasions amongst themselves over this . the zafarnama of GURU GOBIND SINGH as well as GURBANI tackles this issue variously .

i think your concern should not be wat you seem concerned about ,but wat many of your brothers and sisters in sikhi are concerned about .

sarbloh jee , from my understanding of sikh history ,my experiences and observations and reading wat i read ,infact ,no one especially from our sikh fraternity has ever ,or is manipulating this issue to cause combat between communities .maybe thats paranoia?i think in fact ,wat is being created is alert and awareness because as a whole we sikhs are balanced ,rational and fair in our approach to other communities thats why we get along so well and have eraned the respect of other communities wherever we are in the world ,from malaysia to the USA.

the hot issue of the day ,and something we sikhs have understood and have had to face for a long time in our history is not the discrediting of a whole religous community ,but ,the exposure of ,the very nature and history of islam and ,or rather,its most common interpretations which fuel religous fanticism ,bigotry,forced conversions,denial of human rights ,intolerance,and violence .infact major debates are opening up between islamic scholars of different persuasions amongst themselves over this . the zafarnama of GURU GOBIND SINGH as well as GURBANI tackles this issue variously .

i think your concern should not be wat you seem concerned about ,but wat many of your brothers and sisters in sikhi are concerned about .

Fair comments. However, in order to get the message across we can clearly see some of us overestimating the numbers involved and exaggerating the seriousness of incidents (such us several hundred “forced” conversions in the UK, conversion bounties, Special Branch interventions etc). Inadvertently there is also a danger that the exaggerations lead to the real issues being labelled as rumours and urban legends with an adverse effect on the scale of the problem.

sarbloh jee ,chill n dont let that worry u to death hahaha .their ''over estimations '' may not really be be overestimations and exxagerations if you take into account a lot of unreported cases .this includes my very own baby sister who very nearly converted because she was being groomed very very secretly by a muslim and ran away .a very very tearful ardas at GURU GOBIND SINGH and real prompt action by my brother( with my parents coming near to the point of death) ,caused the guy to give her up and she is happily married within a sikh family today .i dunno but you seemed very stressed about numbers rather than the issue you should really be concerned about .we sikhs have had to deal with this issue right from the beginnings of sikhism ,and are very experienced in handling it efficiently ,so dont get obsessed with fears that this will lead to some sort of common rumour or urban legend .infact wat i see is a very measured ,constrained ,mature r,non complacent ,forward looking ,sensible response from the sons and daughters of GURU GOBIND SINGH anywhere i look .i think its time to gel back with the views of your brothers and sisters .please do read an earlier thread i wrote too, responding to my views about ranj03.

come over now for tea and samosas and my own home made coconut barfi since its gone 5, hahaha