It Destroyed My Life

Guest _Singh_

A good Sikh mate of mine lost his hair, but he was keshdhari. We used to call him Shaolin, because although he was bald on the top of his head he had a long kesh on the rest of it. He looked like one of them long gooth wale Shaolin monks in the Chinese movies. He never gave a toss about the hairloss. Besides it is all about confidence even if your bald. Yul Bryner or Bruce Willis style. LOL

And i know that someone in our history who is now considered as Mahan Yoodha and saintness was also suffering from hair loss (significantly).. I won't say his name to respect the privacy.. not too many ppl know about this...

It doesn't matter.. keep sikhi strong.. all is the handy work of waheguru jee..

Oh please, one minute i am going to cry that i am loosing hair, and then when i start getting hair i am going to cry because i am becoming too hairy. Dont we see a pattern here, just go with the flow. Regarding girls and stuff, hair or no hair, looks or no looks, girls care mostly about how confident a guy is.

not just confidence but personality and all that other crap too but anyway im thinking theres no point asking a person with lots of hair about the value of kesh because they have lots of hair BUT if you ask someone who has no hair then they will point out the importance/significance of keeping kesh.

my advice to the original poster is screw what other think and just accept that you are who you are now and get into sikhi that will help you more.

• 4 weeks later...

justme,

yes it was a genuine post.

thanks for that advice. and im really sorry to hear about what happened to you.

hope your better now.

i guess ive just got to move on. and get use to people calling me names.

justme,

yes it was a genuine post.

thanks for that advice. and im really sorry to hear about what happened to you.

hope your better now.

i guess ive just got to move on. and get use to people calling me names.

Hey nuffin to be sorry about veera it was the best thing that ever happend to me.................... ;) like i sed i cherish it now....................if ppl call u names veer, turn ur back on them..............i would call them "human" for mocking someone based of physical appearance..................Veer jee strengthen urself through naam simeran and ul look in the mirror and say "heeeeeeeeeeeeey Gud Luking...............how U doowin" :)

Sh!t happens veer.......................for some worse than others..............but when we leave this earth ur physical body is not gonna go with u but at the same time it is a gift from waheguru and we need to cherish that gift and follow hukam/Rehit given to us from Sri Guru Gobind Singh Jee HAIR or NO HAir it is ALL HUKAM!!

Keep in chardi Kalah

I used to be mona and fairly attractive to the ladies. After becoming Gursikh I felt that i had lost that, but was willing to make the trade b/c maya is all illusion after all. later on, i felt more confident in myself as a sikh, a few quite attractive girls did hit on me and want to discuss marriage with me.

In Sikhi, we are not allowed any girlfriends, so of course I declined these girls offers. But I'm writing this to show you, confidence matters a great deal. Additionally, many of these girls found my serious conviction in sikhi inspiring. when girls look for a boyfriend, they focus more on looks and ''fun'' qualities. But I've noticed that when searching for a husband, the smart ones focus more on qualities of character, like confidence, integrity, sikh principles etc.

As for your hair, I recommend you go see an ayurvedic doctor. there is one who comes onto punjab radio once in awhile who is very very good. our hair is not who we are ji, it is our soul.

in closing, I'd like to add that I too was losing my hair when younger. I started wearing a baseball cap all the time. Later, after coming into Sikhi I wore a turban, my hair started to get thicker on its own. Don't fuss so much about little things like this, it has already cost you an immense amount only b/c you let it. now is the time for you to seize the day and this opportunity to make your relationship wiht the Guru closer - this is the only relationship that ever lasts, not girlfriends, parents, children, friends etc...

• 4 weeks later...

Fateh ji

WEll im 14 and i have long but really thin hair. I knows its falling out but i'm not worried because i dont really care what people say bout it.Ok its thin....Get over it.

To the original post,

I think that you jus hav you build up your self confidence, thats all. lthough i dont think that you should wear a dastaar for the soul reason of hidding you head becuae then you arent wearing it for the reason it was intended.

VGKK VGKF