Nick Griffin Talks Bout

sikh_youth_uk

Griffins words sound sweet to our ears because he is talking about Sikh girls, but ultimately this is to further his own political goals as he doesn't really give a crap about Sikhs. Same way as nehru and ghandi did pre 1947

"...in the future, the Congress shall accept no constitution which does not meet with the satisfaction of the Sikhs" (The Lahore session of the Congress Party. December 31, 1929)

"...the brave Sikhs of Punjab are entitled to special considerations. I see

nothing wrong in an area set up in the North of India wherein, the Sikhs can also experience the glow of freedom." (Jawahar Lal Nehru, Lahore Bulletin, January 9, 1930)

"I ask you to accept my word and the Resolution of the Congress that it will not betray a single individual much less a community. Let God be the witness of the bond that binds me and the Congress with you (the Sikhs). When pressed further Gandhi said that Sikhs would be justified in drawing their swords out of the scabbards as Guru Gobind Singh had asked them to, if Congress would renege on its commitment." (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, Young India, March 19, 1931)

Politicians always try to sweet talk but we shouldn't fall prey to this. Our father has offered sardari to us, so long as we stay true to his word.

The panth does not need to rely on duniyavee haters like griffin.

'Sawa Lakh Se Ek Laroun Tabhi Gobind Singh Naam Kahoun'

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why get in bed with either the BNP, Hindus or Muslims?

Why cant our people get their own acts together and make positive progress themselves? Everyone you join hands with will have an agenda, the concept of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" is useless as once one person has been dealt with another will rise up to take his place.

Well said! If only some of our youth thought like that. Anyway all those "Singhs" who have sleepless regarding their Muslim and Hindu neighbours here's a quote:

“The face of the enemy frightens me only when I see how much it resembles me”

Griffins words sound sweet to our ears because he is talking about Sikh girls, but ultimately this is to further his own political goals as he doesn't really give a crap about Sikhs. Same way as nehru and ghandi did pre 1947

"...in the future, the Congress shall accept no constitution which does not meet with the satisfaction of the Sikhs" (The Lahore session of the Congress Party. December 31, 1929)

nothing wrong in an area set up in the North of India wherein, the Sikhs can also experience the glow of freedom." (Jawahar Lal Nehru, Lahore Bulletin, January 9, 1930)

"I ask you to accept my word and the Resolution of the Congress that it will not betray a single individual much less a community. Let God be the witness of the bond that binds me and the Congress with you (the Sikhs). When pressed further Gandhi said that Sikhs would be justified in drawing their swords out of the scabbards as Guru Gobind Singh had asked them to, if Congress would renege on its commitment." (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, Young India, March 19, 1931)

Politicians always try to sweet talk but we shouldn't fall prey to this. Our father has offered sardari to us, so long as we stay true to his word.

I dont really see the point in comparing Mr Griffin to Ghandi and Nehru.

BNP wil never gain enough support to win any elections

But we need Politicians to address these type of issues, labour wont cos they dont want to loose pakistani votes.

I dont really see the point in comparing Mr Griffin to Ghandi and Nehru.

BNP wil never gain enough support to win an elections

But we need Politicians to addresss thse type of issues, labour wont cos they dont want to loose pakistani votes.

Do you really really think the majority of people take policticians like Nick Griffin and his agenda seriously? Wake up 'sikh_youth_uk', we live in a politically correct society where the views of BNP represent a right wing minority. Most people distance themselves from groups like the BNP.

Do you think people will take your issue seriously because the BNP back it?!

The BNP have extreme hatred for muslims, similar to the extremist Sikhs, thats why they can relate with each other.

Everything starts at grass roots, if there was proper education and parchar which attracted the average Sikh at the Gurdwara, then these issues wouldnt arise. Sikhi isnt spread through shouting at someone, or by nitpicking, it is spread through support and an extended hand. If our Gurdwaras were a place of true inspiration then much more of our youth could relate to Sikhism and its tenants.

Yes there are allot of good programes which happen in our Gurdwaras, but soemtimes not enough and not in the right way. The average sikh wants to understand what the paati is saying, they want to understand the universalism of sikhism.

Its easy to point out the problems when they have happened, but from what ive noticed everyone shouts about the problem but never comes to a solution of how to tackle it. There are ALLOT of confused youths out there, and to be honest they will remain confused until someone reaches out to them. Most of them find Sikhs unapproachable, then you wonder why there is a gap between the "true sikhs" and the average sikh. Years ago there used to be a good circuit in the Sikh Societies, but that seems to have died down

The centre of a Sikhs life is the Guru, and it is the Guru who should be promoted, forget everything else for now. There should be proper sessions where Gurbani is discussed, let the average sikh read and let them do some thinking about what the guru is telling us, take a ang and discuss the meanings, the teachings, and how we should apply that to our lives. Let each person, khalsa or not, sikh or not, mona or singh, whatever or whoever they are, put their own input into what they derive from the bani and discuss in an open and friendly manner. It is only the Guru who can pull together everyone int he Panth, else all there will be are gaps.

If our youth have a close relationship with Gurbani then they can never go astray. Grooming of girls and conversions happen because people dont have a link to their dharam, their culture, their faith and their heritage.

Joining hands with fanatic factions is only going to breed further hatred in our community and will only lead to more problems in the future. Joining hatred with hatred will never bring unity or peace.

The BNP have extreme hatred for muslims, similar to the extremist Sikhs, thats why they can relate with each other.

Everything starts at grass roots, if there was proper education and parchar which attracted the average Sikh at the Gurdwara, then these issues wouldnt arise. Sikhi isnt spread through shouting at someone, or by nitpicking, it is spread through support and an extended hand. If our Gurdwaras were a place of true inspiration then much more of our youth could relate to Sikhism and its tenants.

Yes there are allot of good programes which happen in our Gurdwaras, but soemtimes not enough and not in the right way. The average sikh wants to understand what the paati is saying, they want to understand the universalism of sikhism.

Its easy to point out the problems when they have happened, but from what ive noticed everyone shouts about the problem but never comes to a solution of how to tackle it. There are ALLOT of confused youths out there, and to be honest they will remain confused until someone reaches out to them. Most of them find Sikhs unapproachable, then you wonder why there is a gap between the "true sikhs" and the average sikh. Years ago there used to be a good circuit in the Sikh Societies, but that seems to have died down

The centre of a Sikhs life is the Guru, and it is the Guru who should be promoted, forget everything else for now. There should be proper sessions where Gurbani is discussed, let the average sikh read and let them do some thinking about what the guru is telling us, take a ang and discuss the meanings, the teachings, and how we should apply that to our lives. Let each person, khalsa or not, sikh or not, mona or singh, whatever or whoever they are, put their own input into what they derive from the bani and discuss in an open and friendly manner. It is only the Guru who can pull together everyone int he Panth, else all there will be are gaps.

If our youth have a close relationship with Gurbani then they can never go astray. Grooming of girls and conversions happen because people dont have a link to their dharam, their culture, their faith and their heritage.

Joining hands with fanatic factions is only going to breed further hatred in our community and will only lead to more problems in the future. Joining hatred with hatred will never bring unity or peace.

Thats a really good post

When i go to the Gurdwara i want to hear about:

Philosphy

Social Ethics of Sikhisim

Poltical Ethics of Sikhisim

Translation of Gurbani - and applied

Science and Sikhi

Challanges to Sikhs and advise on how to respond

talks such as "Concept of God in major religions, Sikh scholars called for talks and pracharr, not a ragi just because they have the best tabla player.

..not stupid made up storys and nursery rhymes by some numskull on the stage.

Philosphy

Science and Sikhi

Oh well. As they say a bad workman always blames his tools. Either take your wish list to your local Prabhandak committee or better your jeevan so that atleast you don't see those stories as "stupid and made up " and jusr "nursery rhymes".

Instead of waiting for an example to be set stop being a numskull and become an example.

Philosphy

Science and Sikhi

Oh well. As they say a bad workman always blames his tools. Either take your wish list to your local Prabhandak committee or better your jeevan so that atleast you don't see those stories as "stupid and made up " and jusr "nursery rhymes".

Instead of waiting for an example to be set stop being a numskull and become an example.

whats wrong with what that list, these type of things should be taught in Gurdwara.

The truth is these things should be taught in Gurudwaras but we lack good preachers. he just wants to say as you feel that way take incentive and start to preach that way.

The truth is we are only good in speaking and nothing else.

Our kathni and karni is much different.

He wants to just ask you to do some good work.