Physical Appearance Of Your Partner [mature Topic]

B4ND4

Been doing some thinking about this and i fail to get proper reasons behind that. Why is it that everyone barring a few individuals can't or don't marry somone whom thy find not so fit for them based on the person's physical roop??

Ik passe we advocate that this body is nthg te dujje passe we can't imagine ourselves being widout someone who is not a proper match for us?? why is that... is this hypocrisy?? Is that our weakness??

This question has been playing with my mind for sometime now and i dont see any answers :lol: . There were times when ppl married where their parents finallized everythg but those marriages were based on many factors aswell looks being one of em. What i dont understand is why dont i see our parents approving such matches?? what is itttttttttt?? Is this all fake?? All the sikhi talks seems so fake to me whn i think of this issue :)

Plzzzzzzzz share u'r views

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes it is kinda stupid, physical apperance shouldnt make any difference, but for nearly all of us it does.

would you get married to a girl who was like obese and had three eyes? chances are you wouldnt. even the sikhs amongst us who keep solid rehit and do alot of bhagti, when it comes to marriage they wont accept just anyone.

We should accept someone that guru sahib has chosen for us. And look at their jeevan not their looks, but for some reason kaam gets the better of us. nonono.gif

Personally i would be happy with a partner who would love me back and who can inspire me 2 get into sikhi.. :lol:

there are a few factors that depend on looks:

a) Maybe the involvement of kaam ie: u want some next model-type-perfect-kuri-that-everyone-in-the-city-fancies to be your wife

b) Or the involvement of Hankar ie: so that you can show off at how "socialy normal/perfect" your wife/family is

c) You just plain stupid.. where you let media govern your mind and if media says that green skinned women are the way to go u'll marry a frog

Physical appearance can be important and i think people reli need to be honest with them from the outset.

When you are looking for a spouse, u have to look at phsical appearance too IF u r honest to ureself and feel it is important. No need to be shy. It saves problems afterwards. Common example is extra marrital affairs. If you marry someone u dont feel attraction for, then it can lead to people having affairs afterwards or unhappiness.

its not the be all and end all obviously, but i think it is a factor to be considered and not swept under the carpet...

a) Maybe the involvement of kaam ie: u want some next model-type-perfect-kuri-that-everyone-in-the-city-fancies to be your wife

b) Or the involvement of Hankar ie: so that you can show off at how "socialy normal/perfect" your wife/family is

i completely agree with these two.

i've seen time and again that the pretty girls get wayyyy too many rishtey even when they are like 18 blink.gif even tho some have no jeevan at all and are very superficial. it seems when you have the looks, other's more important things take a back seat :lol:

personally, i'd rather marry someone "average" looking, rather than someone who's a "knockout". i have my reason for it and no i woudln't share them with you guys.

and yes it matters to parents a lot grin.gif i guess its counts as bragging rights rolleyes.gif

I aint got a problem with looks or nuthing but long as they aint a fatty

How does that affect you? Why can't your partner be fat ?

well i think sikhs whether men or women should work out and keep fit and not just sleep and eat their aloo waleh pronteh 24/7 and then sit infront of the TV all day