Physical Appearance Of Your Partner [mature Topic]

B4ND4

I aint got a problem with looks or nuthing but long as they aint a fatty

How does that affect you? Why can't your partner be fat ?

veer everybody has their preferences and im sure you have your own too.........maybe he wants a partener who leads a healthy lifestyle etc ..........we shouldnt let parents dictate what type of person you should marry i mean you're going to spend the rest of your life with that person after all but also you shouldnt build up high expectations of your potential partner in your head otherwise you may never find anyone because no one is perfect.

bhul chuk maaf

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

everybody has in their mind their own idea of their perfect partner but realise this that it is only in your mind becuase in the real world no one is perfect, so find someone who will help you advance in your own sikhi and both of you will be happy.

everybody has in their mind their own idea of their perfect partner but realise this that it is only in your mind becuase in the real world no one is perfect, so find someone who will help you advance in your own sikhi and both of you will be happy.

Completely agree with you !!!

well i think sikhs whether men or women should work out and keep fit and not just sleep and eat their aloo waleh pronteh 24/7 and then sit infront of the TV all day

You can't judge how physcially active they are by their physical form. There are females that can eat loads, AND I MEAN LOADS 24/7, I HAVE WITNESSED THIS WITH MY EYES. And they are lazy hence they are not physically active BUT THEY STILL DO NOT GAIN ANY WEIGHT - THEY ARE STILL SKINNY due to their high metalbolic rate. These people are very frightening. blink.gif Careful who you marry because you may marry someone who is obssessed about their physical form and don't like to eat fatty foods and spends most of their time excersing. You wouldn't want that would you? :lol:

well i think sikhs whether men or women should work out and keep fit and not just sleep and eat their aloo waleh pronteh 24/7 and then sit infront of the TV all day

and what about ppl who try to stay fit but are fat due to genetic factors?

Would u marry a normal lookin person not so much into sikhi or would you marry a fat or handicap or a person having whtever physical disability but truly into sikhi ?

Its easier said thn done folks. We go around tellin ppl who cut their hair, do all kinds of makeups, drink sharaban that thy have succumbed to the pressures of the society. I guess whn it comes to marriage.. we have submitted to the pressures too :lol: . Thats makes us no different.

Would u marry a normal lookin person not so much into sikhi or would you marry a fat or handicap or a person having whtever physical disability but truly into sikhi ?

Its easier said thn done folks. We go around tellin ppl who cut their hair, do all kinds of makeups, drink sharaban that thy have succumbed to the pressures of the society. I guess whn it comes to marriage.. we have submitted to the pressures too :) . Thats makes us no different.

Having said what I have on this thread previously, Banda your point is true - however we shouldnt get into the mindset of forcing ourselves to do things coz its right ie: marry someone who's into sikhi thinking "we have to marry someone for their sikhi not their looks" (even though deep down u wanted the looks..because then you would end up being unhappy with your decision and kep desiring a better wife --> WORSE RESULT!)

It's about avastha - You should only do something that you feel is right.. And the point where the difference between what u feel like doing and what you should do disappears - Know that as the time when Guru Ji has done immense Kirpa on you.

Until then - work on your bhagti and aim for Akaal - you might get some gangsta moral values on the way :lol:

We shouldnt get into the mindset of forcing ourselves to do things coz its right.

Perhaps forcing ourselves to do the right thing everyday will turn it into habit and make us better people. Otherwise we can keep doing less righteous deeds our whole life, with the thought that 'when our avastha is higher we can start doing things because they are right'.

ie: marry someone who's into sikhi thinking "we have to marry someone for their sikhi not their looks" (even though deep down u wanted the looks..because then you would end up being unhappy with your decision and kep desiring a better wife --> WORSE RESULT!)

That depends on the person, how willing they are to fight their minds, how strong their determination is and how blessed they are by Guru Saheb. Who knows whether they will be worse off or not.

You should only do something that you feel is right..

Surely we should take into account what Guru Saheb says is right too, rather than solely relying on our sometimes distracted feelings.

And the point where the difference between what u feel like doing and what you should do disappears - Know that as the time when Guru Ji has done immense Kirpa on you.

Very true.

Until then - work on your bhagti and aim for Akaal - you might get some gangsta moral values on the way :lol:

Yes, but let's not just sit around doing Bhagti but also integrate it into every action/step we take i.e. doing the right thing at every opportunity rather than using our mind's weakness as an excuse to leave it till later.

- Meaning no disrespect to Shaheed Fauja or anyone else.