Physical Appearance Of Your Partner [mature Topic]

B4ND4

how about create another topic in gupt section and ask everyone to list their preferences? u be surprise how many of us will diff in what we want and think is perfect match/parter for us iz.

lets take beauty or good looking in this case. we all perceive things differently, and whats beautiful for one person isn't always beautiful for the other.

i have read it somewhere...its a lil experiment done by my people(usually psych. teachers/professionals do to help humans) to show that we all want different things....and we are created/ look, and behave differently then others for A VERY GOOD REASON!=)

anyone up for it?

we need to start loving ourselves the way we are..if need improvement then u got support of gurbani to become a better person; a person u want to be. 'u gotta love urself first to have anyone else love u for who u are!': man to jyot saroop hai apna mool pachan.~vaheguru~

bhul chuk muaff karni

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greetings Friend :lol:

Perhaps forcing ourselves to do the right thing everyday will turn it into habit and make us better people. Otherwise we can keep doing less righteous deeds our whole life, with the thought that 'when our avastha is higher we can start doing things because they are right'.

nono I didn't mean use it as an excuse - obviously my post can be taken that way exactly - I meant it's like Kaam - forcing yourself not to look at opposite sex will just increase your desire. Obivously, we should amke the effort to fight it - not hide from it and cover it up with actions..

Surely we should take into account what Guru Saheb says is right too, rather than solely relying on our sometimes distracted feelings.

I apologise for not sounding right..

Yes, but let's not just sit around doing Bhagti but also integrate it into every action/step we take i.e. doing the right thing at every opportunity rather than using our mind's weakness as an excuse to leave it till later.

thats what i meant :) lol

- Meaning no disrespect to Shaheed Fauja or anyone else.
yh yh lol tongue.gif jokes

Would u marry a normal lookin person not so much into sikhi or would you marry a fat or handicap or a person having whtever physical disability but truly into sikhi ?

Its easier said thn done folks. We go around tellin ppl who cut their hair, do all kinds of makeups, drink sharaban that thy have succumbed to the pressures of the society. I guess whn it comes to marriage.. we have submitted to the pressures too :lol: . Thats makes us no different.

veer je u put an interesting question that could very well test many sikhs in their lives at some point...........i got a senario..............how about a normal looking person, who IS into sikhi but has a terminal/lifelong illness/condition or cant/wont have kids/?

if our paths with our spouses are only for spiritual companionship and for THIS LIFE only then would u still marry him/her?

a friend of mine when she shakked amrit and we when to our local gurdwara all the aunties were doing her "siftah" oh vandahiaah tusee tah guru waleh banjeh" and we telling her about all these guys for possible rishtey cos outwarding she was quite "pretty" and now she was a singhnee the intersest in her rose even more......................then she told the aunties that she had Epilepsy...........how funny it was to see the auties all back off from her and even funnier still how no-one has asked for her rishtah since....... rolleyes.gif

"if our paths with our spouses are only for spiritual companionship and for THIS LIFE only then would u still marry him/her?

a friend of mine when she shakked amrit and we when to our local gurdwara all the aunties were doing her "siftah" oh vandahiaah tusee tah guru waleh banjeh" and we telling her about all these guys for possible rishtey cos outwarding she was quite "pretty" and now she was a singhnee the intersest in her rose even more......................then she told the aunties that she had Epilepsy...........how funny it was to see the auties all back off from her and even funnier still how no-one has asked for her rishtah since....... rolleyes.gif "

Thats so sad. :sady:

these bloody aunties can be so dangerous when they want to be init btw cant Epilepsy be controlled or something?

Thats so sad.

its not sad it life veer jee....................we alwaysfail to see the good in people sometimes ppl come into our lives, be it may a shorttime but can leave a last presence int he pyaar and shardah they have inside them but we as humans will always judge by wot society expects from us and forget to see the beauty in what we see but more so see nothing but depair and failings...............

btw cant Epilepsy be controlled or something?

thats exactly my point.............people dont see how these things can be managedso ppl still lead normal, heathly everyday lies but u see in society's eyes she is flawed..........."wot will ppl say? whjy can she be normal"

but normal by todays standards, thanks for my share id rather be ab-normal......... :lol:

I never knew there could be so much drama and politics involved with marriage! all people care about is what others think i mean we grew up not caring what others think about us keeping hair well it made me stronger BUT when it comes to marriage why do people start caring about what others think???

Gurbaanee is beyond our comprehension. And guru saaheb advises us on this matter many times, but its only if we learn and understand those teachings and APPLY them that we can continue to grow and prosper and live a gursikhee jeevan. Guru Saaheb says, dhan joban ar fulraa natheearae din chaar|, wealth, beauty, youth will only last for a few days, then why are we so attached to it.

It would make more sense to marry someone who has a good heart, a good jeevan, who will help you fight the 5 vikaar not engross you in them, like kaam and moh. Guru Saaheb says, maya moh bharam bhae bhoole sut daaraa seo preet lagaaee| It wouldn't make much sense looking for a model gursikh who has no jeevan, but look for someone who will bring you higher in your sikhee.

Ofcourse you have to consider other factors like your partner's family their job/education and if they are ready to settle down or not, etc. and there could be other differences in terms of rehat as well. But it all depends on the individual, but we shouldn't be shallow and look at only outer appearance.

Bhul chuk muaaf.

jYqsrI mhlw 5 Gru 3

jaithasaree mehalaa 5 ghar 3

Jaitsree, Fifth Mehla, Third House:

<> siqgur pRswid ]

ik oa(n)kaar sathigur prasaadh ||

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

koeI jwnY kvnu eIhw jig mIqu ]

koee jaanai kavan eehaa jag meeth ||

Does anyone know, who is our friend in this world?

ijsu hoie ik®pwlu soeI ibiD bUJY qw kI inrml rIiq ]1] rhwau ]

jis hoe kirapaal soee bidhh boojhai thaa kee niramal reeth ||1|| rehaao ||

He alone understands this, whom the Lord blesses with His Mercy. Immaculate and unstained is his way of life. ||1||Pause||

mwq ipqw binqw suq bMDp iest mIq Aru BweI ] pUrb jnm ky imly sMjogI AMqih ko n shweI ]1]

maath pithaa banithaa suth ba(n)dhhap eisatt meeth ar bhaaee || poorab janam kae milae sa(n)jogee a(n)thehi ko n sehaaee ||1||

Mother, father, spouse, children, relatives, lovers, friends and siblings meet, having been associated in previous lives; but none of them will be your companion and support in the end. ||1||

personally... i would marry sum1 based on 3 things... i have to connect with the emotionally... spiritually.. and have to be physically attracted to them...

w/out all 3 of them... i don't think i would be able to marry sum1... one link missing in the 'chain' will not hold the chain together...

tha's my own personal beleif... n this is based on my own experiences and knowledge that i've attained over the years.. i personally feel a physical connection is important for a married couple...

spiritually, if i didn't feel that person would help my sikhi.. then it wud'n work either...

mentally.. if i cud'n talk to the person.. if i cud'n connect with that person... if we din have common interests... then it wouldn't work either...

so all 3 together, i feel, are required..

personally... i would marry sum1 based on 3 things... i have to connect with the emotionally... spiritually.. and have to be physically attracted to them...

w/out all 3 of them... i don't think i would be able to marry sum1... one link missing in the 'chain' will not hold the chain together...

tha's my own personal beleif... n this is based on my own experiences and knowledge that i've attained over the years.. i personally feel a physical connection is important for a married couple...

spiritually, if i didn't feel that person would help my sikhi.. then it wud'n work either...

mentally.. if i cud'n talk to the person.. if i cud'n connect with that person... if we din have common interests... then it wouldn't work either...

so all 3 together, i feel, are required..

just a question veeray ji!!!

so it would be ok for a sikh to date init? cuz... otherwise how else are u gonna get to know the person and connect at all those three different levels that u have pointed out ?

bhul chuk muaf karni

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh!