If God Has No Lineage, Family, Or Anything

JustME

Somes tuks from Jaap Sahib: -

Taken from sikhnet online bani

nmsqM inRswky ] nmsqM inRbwky ]

Salutation to God who is without any kith and kin. Salutation to the Fearless.

AlIk hYN ] inRsIk hYN ] inRlµB hYN ] AsMB hYN ]39]

God is beyond portraiture, without kith and kin, beyond support, and He is Imperceptible. (39)

n poqRY n pu`qRY ] n s`qRY n imqRY ]

God has neither any son nor grand son. God has neither friend nor for.

n qwqY n mwqY ] n jwqY n pwqY ]148]

God has neither father nor mother. God has neither caste, creed or any dynasty. (148)

inRswkM srIk hYN ] Aimqo AmIk hYN ]

God has neither any relative nor any collateral. God is Immeasurable and Unfathomable.

sdYvM pRBw hYN ] AjY hYN Ajw hYN ]149]

God’s illumination is ever lasting. God is Impregnable and He is beyond birth. (149)

erm...............so where does Christianity fit into this?

i dont want to start a debate or start religion bashing but this was just something that was on my mind.........only sensible, mature adult replies

mods plz feel free to close this if i offended anyone

bhul chuck maafi

Just because the Chistians say Jesus is the son of God, doesn't mean he is actually The son of God. I look on Jesus as a very spiritual person who put people on the path of God but along the way his message has been distorted and manipulated by people.

It was the emperor Constantine a few hundred years after Jesus that called the council of cicia (or somefink') and they approved and rejected the text that went into the bible, Jesus's message was lost, infact he beleived in reincarnation - this was rejected also, so was the gospel of Mary and Judus.

Gurbani is ataal, gurbani is truth.

That one line sort of does say that Jesus was nothing and therfore not the son of God etc because christians dont see him as a prophet/Guru BUT the actual son of God so bani sort of says he wasnt the son of God if you interpret in it in that way init.

Just because the Chistians say Jesus is the son of God, doesn't mean he is actually The son of God. I look on Jesus as a very spiritual person who put people on the path of God but along the way his message has been distorted and manipulated by people.

It was the emperor Constantine a few hundred years after Jesus that called the council of cicia (or somefink') and they approved and rejected the text that went into the bible, Jesus's message was lost, infact he beleived in reincarnation - this was rejected also, so was the gospel of Mary and Judus.

Gurbani is ataal, gurbani is truth.

that council wanted to make jesus more than just a man so they made him immortal in that meeting i.e. son of god, judgement day etc everything that exists today was added in THAT meeting.......they also decided to make mary magdeline a prostitute in that meeting :lol:

Vaheguroo Jee Ki Ka Khalsaa! Vaheguroo Jee Ki Fatheh!

In essence, we are all Vaheguroo's children! This relationship is not of the body (temporal), but of our Atmaa which is Eternal. Similarly, the tukks quoted from Jaab Sahib show that Vaheguroo is beyond any bondage and temporary relationships created in this world. The last two couplets reinforce this by describing God as Immeasurable, Ever Lasting and Beyond Birth. Now how does this fit into Christianity?

We understand that Jesus Christ is believed to be the Son of God. My understanding is not very deep, but I think most people if not everyone will agree that he was someone who attempted to follow a righteous path and also inspired people towards God. Similarly, if someone does the exact same thing (righteous living, inspiring people towards God), they may be given a different name, or referenced upon some other term.

What I'm trying to get across is that ultimately, just like Guru Sahib says, we'll be judged by our actions, regardless of what we're called by others. We may be called great names, but our actions may be bad. In contrary, we may be called bad names, but our actions may be good. A true Gursikh would be above both praise and slander, and would just stay focused on the Sevaa of Vaheguroo.

Apologies if I have gone off topic or offended anyone.

Bhul chukh maafi.

Vaheguroo Jee Ki Ka Khalsaa! Vaheguroo Jee Ki Fatheh!

Jesus said he was the son of god. we do not have to take this literally meaing he was the linage of god, because god has no linage. It was meant as an adjective in a sense to say he was sent forth to the people from god to lead them into good and away frm evil. In a sense all mankind are sons of god because god is our creator/father.

What ISingh said is very good in essence we are all the children of God. Without the Lord there would be no human beings or creation of any kind.

If one reads the Koran they realise that the birth of christ is different along with the death. In Islam Christ is accepted as a prophet of God and nothing else. Islam lso states that God has no family and Christ was no different to Mohammed, Moses or Abraham.

Islam states that the bible gives a biased view of Christ and adds extra things to Christ in order to make the prophet seem greater then the other prophets before. For this reason it is deemed as a gospal but not the complete truth.

yeah that makes sense is because some christians............especially sikhs who have converted to Christianity, i have heard often used the argument that Jesus Christ was higher than Muhammed, Guru Nanak Bhudda etc etc etc and that has always been something that has puzzled me...........and that Chirst was a direct decendant of God and how Christ was not born through flesh bcos Mary being a virgin and God placing Jesus within her womb and all other holy figures were born through procreation like man.........

Thanks for the posts guys i guess faith is still upheld even if the truth becomes distorted alongside the sands of time