"As a women, it is not breaking your Amrit vows

Gurjeet_Kaur

Vaheguroo jee ka khalsa vaheguroo jee kee fateh!

As a woman,it is not breaking your Amrit vows to remove facial hairs. - GTKK, Sikhnet Forum

so for a man it is?

double standards here...

A lot of the questions asked at the sikhnet youth forum are questions asked by people who are just getting into sikhi.

It's good that they're showing interest, but i find some of teh sikhnet moderators somewhat misleading or even going totally against the sikhi (like the above)

ofcourse everyone has their own views of what is gurmat and what is manmat, but things like that are just obvious.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hints :

Matrimonial section and they charge? (it's anti-gurmat section.. believe me)

To download mp3 and u get charge?

what exactly sikhnet.com do?? i have no idea.. To me sikhtoons.com is doing much good job than sikhnet.com :) maybe sikhnet is just much more advertised and old..

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Sikhnet.com question and answer forum has ALOT of views which go against Gurmat. I have e-mailed them before to express concern, but they didn't reply. Once they said it was okay to have Bhangra practice/shows in the Langar hall because it is not infront of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji! Does that mean that Guru Ji does not dwell in the Langar?! And a couple of monthes ago, someone said they enjoy reading while have breakfast, and asked if it was okay to read Gurbani and study the translations (Gurmukhi and english together on the same page) while eating, and they said it was okay. Its really sad because alot of young 'future-Sikhs' are reading this 'advice' and getting the wrong answers. Sometimes you must be blunt and straight forward, instead of becoming so moderate that almost anything is okay to do.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

the link doesn't work for me, for some reason :)

Does that mean that Guru Ji does not dwell in the Langar?!

Does Guru ji Not Dwell everywhere :e:

NOT that I'm saying thta it should be allowed..i was REALLY surpised reading your post ohmy.gif

Bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Once they said it was okay to have Bhangra practice/shows in the Langar hall because it is not infront of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji! Does that mean that Guru Ji does not dwell in the Langar?! And a couple of monthes ago, someone said they enjoy reading while have breakfast, and asked if it was okay to read Gurbani and study the translations (Gurmukhi and english together on the same page) while eating, and they said it was okay.

plz can u giv references and quote, lol, jus jokin, yea i agree. m tryin 2 make a collage 4 sggs, i asked gurmustuk singh 4 sum sik pics, nywayz, i asked the moderators, they sed it got nuffin 2 do with sikhnet.com, i also sed plz giv a message 2 gurmustuk, but 1 sewadar sed ok. c there r sum hu r sfe, but others jus... well u no.

waheguru jee ka khalsa! waheguru jee kee fateh!!

waheguru, that is insane.

you know though, let's think about sikhs as a whole...besides sikhnet.com, everywhere we look there are ppl who call themselves sikhs. These sikhs cut their hair, drink...so on and so forth.

People today make sikhi out to be whatever they want. The rehit says one thing and people twist it to suit their needs. It's so sad what is happening to sikhi.

wearing a kara does not make you a sikh.

Sikhi is being used and abused like crazy. I think we really need to start sticking up for what the Guru has said. In our daily lives, if there is someone who is calling themself a sikh and it is clear that they are not...then we need to be educated enough to prove to that person what sikhi really is.

Back in the day, people were turned back by the punjh piyaaray (bhai fauja singh jee was more than once) and today people believe that you can be a sikh and still be bond to materialistic pleasures.

People are trying so hard to use the excuse that we need to modernize sikhi...HELLO...SIKHI IS THE MOST MODERN RELIGION OUT THERE. you can't make an already modern religion more modern..why?? cuz then ur just changing it. Change yourself...not the religion.

blush.gif sorry...i know i went so off topic, but it just kinda all came out. my apologies

bhul chuck maaf karnaa jee

sandeep kaur