"As a women, it is not breaking your Amrit vows

Gurjeet_Kaur

the link doesn't work for me, for some reason :)
Does that mean that Guru Ji does not dwell in the Langar?!

Does Guru ji Not Dwell everywhere :e:

NOT that I'm saying thta it should be allowed..i was REALLY surpised reading your post ohmy.gif

Bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

What i meant by, "Does Guru Ji not dwell in the Langar?" , was: Do these people think that Guru Ji is not Ang Sung? Guru Ji is everywhere, and we should not do anything He does not approve of. It doesn't matter if you are

in the Gurudwara, at home, with friends etc. Guru Ji is everywhere.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

I was never here in the "good ol' days" but I do miss them.

I honestly wish somebody had tested me before I took khande-ke-pahul.

I wish somebody had tested my love and my devotion.

I wish somebody had pulled out a sword and threatened to chop my head off for the Guru's sake.

People who aren't tested first sometimes take amrit for granted (I have done this so many times :) )

I seriously think - if there are any Singhs or Kaurs who are reading this forum who are blessed to keep full rehit and on top of that sometimes they do punj pyare seva,

for those people,

please test the abhilaakhees!

And the Sikhs who are reading this forum - encourage those who do punj pyare to test the abhilaakhees.

There is nothing BETTER than getting your faith TESTED and then really getting challenged, to the edge, and then proving that you love guru jee, you would die for guru jee, you are a sacrifice to guru jee, and you are dying for one drop of amrit.

that's an abhilaakhee.

not misfits like myself.

bhul chuk maaf karnaa

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

There is nothing BETTER than getting your faith TESTED and then really getting challenged, to the edge, and then proving that you love guru jee, you would die for guru jee, you are a sacrifice to guru jee, and you are dying for one drop of amrit.

Can this not cause Haumai blush.gif

talking about myself..I'm a SLOW <banned word filter activated>..

I WANT TO GIVE MY LIVE..

I would LIKE TO..... infact LOVE To..if someone asked me pointing a GUN on my head, and threatening -are you a Sikh..I'd say YES!

I'm such a BIG coward..I dont know If I'd have THAT much courage tha I'd be boiled to death or but chopped into two blush.gif :'( :)

and..the day I notice thta I INFACT have been vlessed and AM/CAN follow the REhit...

I'd take it :@ ..But seems liek I'm to stuck in Kaam Krodh laub Moh Ahankar :D @

Bhull chukk maaf :wub: @

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

another sikhnet response:

If there are hairs on a woman's face that (due to various hormone changes in her body) make her to feel ungraceful as a woman, then it has generally been respected as her privilege, in relation to her Guru, to remove these hairs appropriately, with all respect to her privacy and modesty. I know personally of several Khalsa women who have found it appropriate to do so, in good faith with Guru's teachings and blessings. Personally, I have never heard anyone say it is not appropriate

:)

another sikhnet response:
If there are hairs on a woman's face that (due to various hormone changes in her body) make her to feel ungraceful as a woman, then it has generally been respected as her privilege, in relation to her Guru, to remove these hairs appropriately, with all respect to her privacy and modesty. I know personally of several Khalsa women who have found it appropriate to do so, in good faith with Guru's teachings and blessings. Personally, I have never heard anyone say it is not appropriate

:)

Link would be prefered ohmy.gif

Just wanted to add something to the concept of testing yourself for sikhi (sorry for being off topic)

I believe it was Bhai Gurdas Ji who wrote something along the lines of "if the guru asks something of his sikh, how can the sikh ever fail"

Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji having read this set a challenge for bhai sahib to do, i think it was to go and purchase horses from a dealer in a local town. when bhai sahib went and agreed to buy the horses he went to give the correct coinage and had found that it had turned into coal (?) as he would have been so greatly embarassed having just spent hours haggling over horses and then not ahving the money to pay for them he hid in a ditch for a period of time and then as he was so ashamed that he had failed the guru he never returned to Guru Ji. After a while Guru Ji sent someone out to go and find him and bring him back, when he returned he fell at Guru Ji's feet and begged for forgivness. He at once changed what he had written to "if the guru asks something of his sikh, only with the guru's blessing is such a task possible".

We are not people to test our sikhi, we will always fail, we only win if Guru Ji wishes us too. Without Guru's sahara we wouldnt even be able to walk down the street, giving our heads is a distance thing! All we can do is do ardaas that one day Maharajh might allow us to partake in some kind of seva.

But i know what your saying bro, seems like many of us fall into this 'buzz' thing and take amrit only to later discover that it wasnt the right time etc etc, but then again if amrit is in your karam then when you take it is when you were meant to take it! I dont think just anybody can ge

t up and take amrit, even those people that later commit krehata still had something there in that instance!

From what i hear from certain people is that this view that its ok to pluck trim and wax and whatever else they do is acceptable in many parts of the UK. I remember this one sister was getting a 'little' bit angry because she said she was sick of girls wearing dastaars with perfect eyebrows and whatever else there is! Im not sure what exactly perfect eyebrows are for girls, but i think id go flip crazy if i saw a girl with a dastaar or with a kirpan sitting in the window of a barbers! (same applies for singhs with kirpans!)!