Confused, again?!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

sandeep kaur bhainjee

bhai mardana did write some bani :) . i have read it...it starts with sumthing like my body has grown old

but i m gonna have to check :@

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

plzz forgive me

my mistake

the shabad that i said my body has grown old was by bhikhan shah jee and NOT bhai mardana jee

ok now i also wanna know if bhai mardana jee wrote any shabad in SGGS :@:)

Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 553:

salok mardaanaa 1.

Shalok, Mardaanaa:

kal kalvaalee kaam mad manoo-aa peevanhaar.

kroDh katoree mohi bharee peelaavaa ahaNkaar.

The Dark Age of Kali Yuga is the vessel, filled with the wine of <admin-profanity filter activated> desire; the mind is the drunkard.

Anger is the cup, filled with emotional attachment, and egotism is the server.

majlas koorhay lab kee pee pee ho-ay khu-aar.

karnee laahan sat gurh sach saraa kar saar.

Drinking too much in the company of falsehood and greed, one is ruined.

So let good deeds be your distillery, and Truth your molasses; in this way, make the most excellent wine of Truth.

gun manday kar seel ghi-o saram maas aahaar.

gurmukh paa-ee-ai naankaa khaaDhai jaahi bikaar. ||1||

Make virtue your bread, good conduct the ghee, and modesty the meat to eat.

As Gurmukh, these are obtained, O Nanak; partaking of them, one`s sins depart. ||1||

mardaanaa 1.

Mardaanaa:

kaa-i-aa laahan aap mad majlas tarisnaa Dhaat.

mansaa katoree koorh bharee peelaa-ay jamkaal.

The human body is the vat, self-conceit is the wine, and desire is the company of drinking buddies.

The cup of the mind`s longing is overflowing with falsehood, and the Messenger of Death is the cup-bearer.

it mad peetai naankaa bahutay khatee-ah bikaar.

gi-aan gurh saalaah manday bha-o maas aahaar.

Drinking in this wine, O Nanak, one takes on countless sins and corruptions.

So make spiritual wisdom your molasses, the Praise of God your bre

ad, and the Fear of God the meat you eat.

naanak ih bhojan sach hai sach naam aaDhaar. ||2||

kaaNyaaN laahan aap mad amrit tis kee Dhaar.

O Nanak, this is the true food; let the True Name be your only Support. ||2||

If the human body is the vat, and self-realization is the wine, then a stream of Ambrosial Nectar is produced.

satsangat si-o maylaap ho-ay liv katoree amrit bharee pee pee kateh bikaar. ||3||

Meeting with the Society of the Saints, the cup of the Lord`s Love is filled with this Ambrosial Nectar; drinking it in, one`s corruptions and sins are wiped away. ||3||

After this Shabad, the Pauri starts, but I don't know if this Pauri is also by Bhai Mardana Ji:

pa-orhee.

Pauree:

aapay sur nar gan ganDharbaa aapay khat darsan kee banee.

aapay siv sankar mahaysaa aapay gurmukh akath kahaanee.

He Himself is the angelic being, the heavenly herald, and the celestial singer. He Himself is the one who explains the six schools of philosophy.

He Himself is Shiva, Shankara and Mahaysh; He Himself is the Gurmukh, who speaks the Unspoken Speech.

aapay jogee aapay bhogee aapay sani-aasee firai bibaanee.

aapai naal gosat aap updaysai aapay sugharh saroop si-aanee.

He Himself is the Yogi, He Himself is the Sensual Enjoyer, and He Himself is the Sannyaasee, wandering through the wilderness.

He discusses with Himself, and He teaches Himself; He Himself is discrete, graceful and wise.

aapnaa choj kar vaykhai aapay aapay sabhnaa jee-aa kaa hai jaanee. ||12||

Staging His own play, He Himself watches it; He Himself is the Knower of all beings. ||12||

[www.srigranth.org]

I'm going to get back to topic:

KARMA AND FREE WILL

The fact that man suffers for his bad deeds, or is rewarded for his good deeds inevitably leads to the theory of Karma.

In Sikhism, the law of Karma according to which we reap what we sow is not inexorable. The burden of our sins, the taint of Karma, the weight of all the past can be thrown off, by diving deeper into truth, by the grace of God, and by leading a purer and nobler life.

This life, the human life, is an opportunity for this freedom to rise or to fall into the pit. There is no determinism in our fate, if we rise above the level of Nature.

At the level of Nature or animal existence, we no doubt reap what we sow, but at the spiritual level of existence which can be reached by moral and spiritual efforts and illumination, man attains his freedom.

It is freedom not only from the wheel of Karma but also from birth and death. Those who lead a purely temporal life at the level of the sense, "their deeds follow them and they reap what they sow."( kirt una ka metis nah, oh apna bijia khah - Basant 1183) "But the Guru's word erases the blot of thousands of evil deeds of the past, and the greatest sinner can become the greatest Saint."(gur ka sabad kate kot karma -1195) "Countless sins of the past life are washed away by the illumination of the Word."(kot kotantar papa kare ek ghari meh khovai- Asa 438).

It is not a mere coincidence that Guru Nanak and the subsequent Sikh Guru's had the closest doctrinal relations with the Qadariya and Chisti schools of Sufis which believed in free will in opposition to the Jabariya Sufi school of thought which according to orthodox Islam, is

based on complete dependence on Divine Will.

The idea of determinism and fatalism is repugnant to the Sikh mind as it does not reconcile with the idea of reward and punishment, nor with the doctrine of Grace and Compassion.

Extracted from an article by Trilochan Singh Jee