Question specific for bibis to answer please

Naam Jaachak

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

The kashera is the sign of <admin-profanity filter activated> restraint. It is never to leave your body i.e. stepping out of it with both your legs. After doing Ishnaan, one half of the wet Kashera is to be removed from one leg and a dry clean Kashera does leave the body by accident, then you are to approuch "Five Singhs" who will do Ardaas for you and give a punishment. If the Kanga, Kirpan and kara leave the body you can do an Ardaas your self, but if the Kashera leaves the body only "five Singhs" can do ardaas. the Kashera is never to be changed whilst your head is uncoverd. You are only to wear Rev Kashera ( a traditional style Kashera). The Kashera Gives us teaching, " Dekh paraaiya changiaa, maava bhenaa thiyaa jane" ( Men should look at the opposite sex as monthers, sisters and daughters, Women should look at the opposite sex as fathers, brothers and sons.)

"Seel jat ki Kach pehar pakriaro hathieraa"

(The sign of the true chastity is the Kashera, you must wear this and hold waepons in hand). (Bhai Gurdaas ji, // 41, pauri 15)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so basically to summarize what's been said, bhanjee...

It's ok to wear underwear underneath your kashera during 'that time of the month' - most singhnees i know do that, and they still wear their kasheras over top. Some bibian prefer not to wear underwear during their periods, which is fine of course, but it can get a bit messy that way...

You're wearing underwear underneath your kashera because you need something to hold the pad - it's not like anyone's really going to see the underwear, so i don't see why it's such a big deal... As long as your kashera is still on your body, bhanjee.. blush.gif

Prior to the invention of maxi pads/tampons, in the 'primitive' times, females would tie cloths or rags around themselves when they had their periods, and these rags would soak up the menstrual flow... They had to tie these rags very close to their bodies, to prevent leakage and stuff...and that's how it is with pads. You can't put a pad on a kashera, it's too loose and it would leak. (Its basically about practicality, common ppl..) You wear smaller underwear underneath (and it doesn't have to be tight or whatever, just anything that holds the pad more comfortably) and keep it covered with your kashera on top...

i feel really weird posting this... hehe... bhul chuk maaf karnee

WAHEGURU..WAHEGURU ^_^

thaT was VERY TOUCHING Kulpreet Singh ji ^_^ :WW:

as Sikhi4life said ->

BHOLLLLLLLLLEY SOOOOOOOOOOO NIHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!

SAT SSRIIIIIIIIIII AKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!

" Dekh paraaiya changiaa, maava bhenaa thiyaa jane" ( Men should look at the opposite sex as monthers, sisters and daughters, Women should look at the opposite sex as fathers, brothers and sons

So true :WW:

Eeh Shabad Kere Ang te ve :) ?

Bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!!

the Kashera is never to be changed whilst your head is uncoverd.

I find that very impractical. What if someone has just washed their kes?

are they supposed to step outside of the bathtub with their wet kashera, put on some sort of head covering on their WET hair, go back inside the tub, (with the wet kashera dripping..) and THEN change it??

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Paji Mr Singh, that quote was from Bhai Gurdas ji's // 29, Pauri 11.

Let me explain myself on Underwear issue 4 Bibiaes. I think it is wrong 2 wear an underwear 4 amritdari women. When Guru Gobind Singh Maharaj created Khalsa Panth he gave the 5 Kakars 2 both Men & Women knowing about women's monthly period. Guru ji still gave us Keshera 2 wear and nowdays we sikh women think we cant handle ourselves with the same Keshera on the monthly thing. Only Guru knows how great sikh bibiae warriors i.e. Mata Bag Kaur handled thier periods. I know it can be a bit messy and frustrating but i remember my mother Mata Sahib Kaur ji 4 help and i get through the diificult days. It is so very wrong 2 take off the Keshera and put an underwear because a Keshera is difficult 2 handle. I know it is very difficult 2 be a sikh especially a sikh women :) but Guru is Ang-Sang and nothing is hidden from Guru ^_^ . What makes me really angry :@ is these so called Singhs who think women r impure because of periods. We go through so much pain (with Akal Purakh's Hukam) all our lives and yet we r seen as being dirty and unclean as a result of periods.

When i have a shower in the morning my kirpan can be a bit difficult 2 keep on my head, but all i say is Guru Gobind Singh ji Maharaj & Kirpan stays on the head!

Bul Chuk Maaf!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

waheguru jee ka khalsa! waheguru jee kee fateh!!

Kulpreet Singh, I LOVE YOU!!! rolleyes.gif Gurusikha Kee Har Dhoor Dhay

I just wanted to ask a question, do any of you know for SURE that gursikh women did not use anything but their kasharah when during the week of their period? say they used cloth to absorb it...is that not something else as well...not just kasharah.

You know, we dont' know for sure what women back in the day did. We can't say they didn't wear anything...cuz we can't be sure of that, and we also can't say that they did wear something...cuz that we are also unsure of.

what i'm trying to say is this, just because Guru Sahib Jee didn't instruct women on how they should take care of their period...doesn't mean that He did it because we are meant to wear kashara at that time.

How many times has it happened when wearing a pad you leak onto your clothes, I know it happens even when you feel you are protected. Think about it for a moment...if you are to walk around with a kashara and a pad, always feeling like you have to check your pants, or your bana to make sure that your clothes have not been leaked on...I don't know it just doesnt make sense to have that kind of worry on your mind.

I would rather feel comfortable enough to keep thinking about my Guru, then to worry about leaking onto my clothes. Sitting in a Gurudwara feeling like i might leak through my clothes to the rug, or sitting in school...or anywhere.

It just doesn't make sense. You shouldn't have to worry about these things...

And yes, i can say that it's Guru Sahib Jee's Hukam...if i leak then i should just smile and say...well all the women in Guru's times went through this...well you what, i can't be sure of that..I can't be sure that those women really didn't ahve any kind of protection either than their kasaharah...

anyways, in conclusion...i would rather feel protected than always feel the need to check myself and the area that i am sitting or standing. It's a worry that i would rather not have...and i would rather not have the people around me experience that, it's embarassing for every person in that situation...it's something that can be avoided.

bhul chuck maaf karnaa jee

Sandeep Kaur

ps. i think we all agreed that the kasharah is not to be seperated from the body, but in the time of the period an underwear is an option to be worn UNDERNEATH the kashara...not an alternative to the kashara itself

well u still dun take ur kachera off when uve got an underwear beneath... there's a way to do it... and i think im goin to repeat myself da 3rd time here.. if u feel wearin an underwear beneath a kacheraa is wrong then uve got da other alternative.. using da string type of pad ... so dat u can tie up da string around ur waist to keep ur pad up wout a need of an underwear to support it.. a lot of old gursikhs ladies has told me dat they do dis...

but yeah i agree with bhenjee sandeep kaur.. if we are not careful it mite leak and we cant just sit and keep thinking has it leak or not.. dats why we need to take extra precautions measures..

bottom line is ... it is how much of pyaar uve got to try all things to keep ur kakaars intact wid u.. where there is a will there will be of course a way...

bhul chuk maaf karni