Question specific for bibis to answer please

Naam Jaachak

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!!

Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!!

Of course its no problem if you're menstruating at the time. If it was, the punj would ask you before. And that certainly is not happening.

A kashera is not just a symbol, its a reminder to yourself to abstain from doing bad things. Likewise, your kirpan is not just a symbol, its also a self defence weapon. Your kanga isnt jsut their to represent cleanliness, you actually comb your hair with it.

Wearing kakaars is not only for helping Sikhs represent their beliefs, its to remind the sikh himself of his belief. If it's not wrong to not wear a kashera just because it doesn't show, then what's the point of wearing it at all? and atleast while your taking amrit, you should have all panj kakaars on you. It's the first thing they ask you..are you tyaar-bar-tyaar?

I don't find it impractical at all to wear a kashera AND normal underwear, its not unfitting or uncomfortable, so there's really no problem.

Naam Jaachak, send me your email and i'll give them a reference. (if anyone else wants to join, and needs a reference, let me know)

Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

U cannot wear underwear. Only kacherra is allowed. Perhaps if singhnis ned those daiper things, well, i think it might be okay, but better ask some really strict maryada panj pyaraes. But outside of period, no. Even sant je refers to these kinds of underwears and stuff, bandar kachies, which i think means monkey underwear. Thats like saying im gonna wear a dastar and wear a topi over it. One reason i can think of is, ITS HUKAM. Why isnt that good enough for people. Wellguru granth sahib je says that a persons sins can only be washed when obeying satgurus hukams. and i have also read where it says that a sikh is one who follows his gurus orders. But if u really need a reason, underwear restricts your movement, one of the reasons we were told to wear kacherra and told not to wear the other underwears, cause kacherra will never restrict u at all, not one percent, even if u doing the splits. Why would u wear bander kachies, if satguru maharaj has blesses us with kacherra? But im a moorkh, and i dont know anything

bhul chuk maf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Perhaps if singhnis ned those daiper things, well, i think it might be okay, but better ask some really strict maryada panj pyaraes.

lol...trust me...there's no need to ask some really strict maryada panj pyare on this issue

umm..i don't wanna get into details...but if u were a female, you'd understand.

and by the way, we dont wear diapers. :)

Sat Sri Akal:

"please dont say "because its the hukam" just why it would be wrong to wear regular underwear "

But that is just it Bibi Jassika Sahiban Ji. It IS the hukam of the Guru in the form of the Panj Pyare during the administration of Amrit. How can we ignore that command which comes from the Guru?

Now come on...you telling me that menstration is only something that occured since the "modern age"? I am sure puratan Bibis did not wear Victoria Secret just because they had menses!

We need some open-minded elder Gursikh Bibis not shy to talk of this issue and answer it. See if you can go find one...

man u people make me laugh... wuts up wid da monkey??

yeah there are 2things which a bibi can do... first is ... wear an underwear and kachera together.. or if ur use of wearing da diff type of pads that needs u to do all those tying and stuffs den use that.. ( i bet majority of singhnees knows wut im tryin to say here) ...

the older generations ladies use to use da 2nd type of pad.. nowadays it comes all with da sticker type... its kinda hard to find da second type ones.. and believe me its VERY difficult to handle it..

but is wrong not to wear a kachera... its one of ur kakaar it should be on u all the time.. so if u dun want to use da 2nd type of pad den uve to suffer for a week by wearing both kacheras and underwear... but u CANT remove your kacheraa..

well, I am not a bibi, but a biba, and like to express my views on this. since I don't know anyone here in person, except vicky and rochak and ofcourse they are guys, at least i think they are... jk lolzzzz :wub:

One day we went to our relative's house in India when i was i think 15 and we were watching tv and my brother was sitting next to me. There was a commercial of tampons or something and i asked my long relationship cousin that what is it since i see this commercial in tv in our pind too. He said, "moonh poonjhan wala rumal aa." I was like what the hell? When my brother left, my cousin told me something that I never heard before. He told me what it is and how it is used. Before that time, I had never heard anything about periods or anything. I was shocked that it is sad that girls have to go through all this :@ But guys don't have to go throgh this. I think it must be hard for a girl who does not know anything about these things until she goes through this stuff. I think in the old days, there must have been ways or things used to take care of periods or something or something spunge like material, or clothe to absorb the material or whatever it is called and to keep it from making the legs or salwar wet, just to hold it right there. As the technology advances, the old things take new forms, but the purpose itself stays the same. For example, in the old days, ppl used

wood and pathis to make their food, but now, we use gas, eletric stove, etc. etc. The purpose is the same, to make the food, but only the means have changed. They build caves as their shelter, we make houses and mansions. But the purpose stayed the same. And about periods, those clothes, or other something now have taken the forms of Always, Never, or Tampons these days...and there is nothing wrong with adopting things.

I think, underwear, other types of underwears can be very useful to hold the tampons or something. But kachera cannot hold it, unless it is very very tight from the middle, and if it is, then there won't be any difference between a kachera and underwear. I am saying these things only on the theory as i think how things work. i may be wrong. I think there sould not be a problem for females wearing underwears under their kachheras when they take Amrit because their bodies need these things. But men don't go throuh periods, and therefore they don't need to wear underwears under their kachheras, but i can't speak on the behalf of those two... :@:) sorry guys, can't help it :D: and you know i am only joking, ok.....

bhul chuk di khima...

^_^

well,

i do not think it is 'bad' that women go through it cause i believe it is natural process by which the human bodies expells its waste. and also indicates whether one is pragnate or not. it is just like a natural wash i guess.

however i cannot see anything wrong with wearing some normal panties that tackle the waste in the periode. however a kachhera should be used over it. so that kachhera should be always their. but when it is period, wear something underneath to control the waste. Plz forgive me, really if i said anything wrong.

well, it made me think why sikh women were not allowed to read Guru Granth Sahib when they had period. maybe cause there was no such thing one can do to control it. now panties are available, so use them, but also where a kachhera.

i do not think we should talk about whether a kachhera makes it more comfortable and all, because we are not in their body. but simple logic would say that a women might feel better having a panti or something...and also a kachhera over that jee.

Bhull Chukk Maaf

yeah you guys may understand i have no experience with this. grin.gif

urmm dats why gals wear underwear to hold da PADS... dats da oni reason why they use underwear.. as i said earlier.. there's another way of holding da pads dat is tying it wid string and tyin it around ur waist... in dat manner da pad will stay still wout wearing an underwear.. i know da guys wont have a clue of wut im sayin but gals u shud know wut i mean.. 2ways u choose one.. either wear an underwear below da kacheraa to hold da PAD or .. either wear da tying PAD belwo ur kachera.. in this manner u dun need to wear an underwear..