Your Not A Sikh, Nor You, Nor You, Or Even You!

AK-47

I'm too judgemental.

Are you people reading from a script when you say these negative things about yourself? Should I believe you?

Whether you believe us or not is up to you, no-one is forcing you to.. and to be honest us telling you how silly we are might not make a difference to you at all. I think it's more of a personal reflection on our faults.

Why do sikhs always have to put themselves down?

I don't think being honest, reflective or self-assessing is the same as putting yourself down.

Gets so annoying when I feel people are being deceptive about their true character!

But how do you know we are being deceptive about our characters? Don't read the thread if you find it annoying Peacemaker Sahib. We don't want to annoy anyone.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ke Fateh

I have all the 5 evils, im rude, im mardy, i do pointless stuff, i say pointless stuff, i be silly all the time, i dont listen to people, i say 'I' alot (notice the ego), I could sit here all day and type all the things wrong with me but im too lazy, yeh thats anther thing im lazy

Guest peacemaker
I'm too judgemental.

Whether you believe us or not is up to you, no-one is forcing you to.. and to be honest us telling you how silly we are might not make a difference to you at all. I think it's more of a personal reflection on our faults.

[

Why do sikhs always have to put themselves down?

If you state it in a public forum such as this, you obviously want me to read it, don't you? It's not whether I believe you or not, it's more of what your intentions are for bringing them up. I ask myself why would this person say it? Do they want me to make them feel humble for them..or?

I don't think being honest, reflective or self-assessing is the same as putting yourself down.

I'm sorry, but if you say something "negative" about yourself, like I have a huge ego, that is making yourself feel very low in my opinion. Had you said I had a nice smile, that would have elicited a positive reaction from me. I know it's hard, but let's talk about the positive things we do and not harp on the negative. Let's try reaaaaaaal hard!!!!

Gets so annoying when I feel people are being deceptive about their true character!

But how do you know we are being deceptive about our characters? Don't read the thread if you find it annoying Peacemaker Sahib. We don't want to annoy anyone.

My name is just Peacemaker, I don't need anymore "Sahib" at the end of it. Are you trying to suggest something subtle, lowest ? oops.gif This is a free forum and I live in a free country. I read what I want and comment as I see fit.

Guest peacemaker

I have all the 5 evils, im rude, im mardy, i do pointless stuff, i say pointless stuff, i be silly all the time, i dont listen to people, i say 'I' alot (notice the ego), I could sit here all day and type all the things wrong with me but im too lazy, yeh thats anther thing im lazy

I dont want to read it. Khalsa Productions, tell me one thing that is GOOD about you?

Guest peacemaker

Yes, waheguru is the only good one. I just want to hear more positive or even neutral things about a person, but never negative, like they don't jaap enough naam, etc. Remember, if you don't have anything good to say about yourself, then it's best not to say anything at all. I just get sad when I read this stuff.

I totally agree with you penji.

Lets be honest with ourselves how much of the time do we spend talking about other people? Look at most of the discussions we have on this forum, and even with our friends, most of the time it is talking about other peoples actions and other peoples sikhi. We very rarely (myself at least) take a long ahrd look and be honest with myself about the state of my own sikhi, and whether my actions are those of a true sikh.

I cant remember which book it was (might be baba harnam singh jis one) but in there the advice was that each night before going to bed one should sit down and go through the day and remember what mistakes,bad thoughts, wrongs things they did etc. The person should then ask maafi/do ardas for these galtia and make an effort to not repeat them the next day. How many of us do this? We make mistakes or do things which a sikh should not be doing and we dont even notice them. Now this is US ie the individudal who is looking at his own mistakes, NOT at others.

Only by looking at our own selves can we develop as sikhs and try and get control over the 5 choor, if we dont even recognise their existence then the fight will be even harder.

Bhai Gurdas Ji wrote a beautiful vaar, called 21 vices i believe. Does anybody have this vaar? Where bhai sahib in his nimrata lists the vices he believes he has. When you read that it will amaze you that even mahan gursikhs like bhai gurdas ji saw themselves as papi's. If he had that nimrata and belief, then for us to think that we are 'solid gursikhs' etc is some crazy dream!

everybody here has probably one good quality they are proud of e.g. dont drink or smoke, do paath, jaap naam etc but one should try to remain humble init otherwise bigging yourself feeds ur ego...........

I just get sad when I read this stuff.

Then dont read it :)

i have to much pride

like the other day i made a cool (notice the pride) logo thing and i liked it

then i rememberd

maal kai manai roop kee sobha eith bidhee janam gavaeia

You are wasting this life in the pride of wealth and the splendor of beauty

(i think theres another meaning to this too heard it somewhere but it was confusing)