Your Not A Sikh, Nor You, Nor You, Or Even You!

AK-47

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa Vaheguru ji ki fateh

How many discussions have we all participated in, where the object of the discussion is to determine whether another person is a sikh or not?

We point the finger at everyone and say 'your not a sikh because of x y and z'.

Its usually over the usual controversies but only this morning i have read/heard vichars that people who dont read gurbani in larivaar form are not doing any path ... from this vichar somebody could argue that these people are not sikhs as they dont do any path!

Without getting into the debate again on who is or isnt a sikh, i think we should stop... and point the finger back at ourselves and say to OURSELVES..

"I am not a sikh beacuse of these actions which I commit".

This is not a bedawa to the guru, but it should be a look into our own souls and ask am i really a sikh as guru sahib has described? What am i doing which makes me a sikh and what am i doing which does not qualify me to be called a sikh.

Guru maharajh has advised us to judge ourselves first. But how often do we do that? We spend countless hours talking about the mistakes made by other people and their short comings, and yet we dont even recognise our own?

So i duno maybe we should all put down at least one thing which we do that makes us NOT sikhs.

I'll have a go first i guess ...

Anger and bad language. I use the power of anger to deal with issues and as a coverscreen to hide behind, this leads to bad language and saying the wrong things to people. These are not the actions of a real sikh.

Who's next?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

wow i thread actually worth responding.............:TH:

Ive got a massive ego..............i try an act all gurmukh but only i know wot ive done and what my mann is on the inside and from the rest of the world...........................i thrive on praise from others.....hence BIG EGO problem....... :)

i gossip and do nindiah when i knw fully well i should not be doing that

My evil deads are many..........i have no goodness but "I" stil exist

;)

Guest peacemaker

Are you people reading from a script when you say these negative things about yourself? Should I believe you? Why do sikhs always have to put themselves down? Gets so annoying when I feel people are being deceptive about their true character!

Are you people reading from a script when you say these negative things about yourself? Should I believe you? Why do sikhs always have to put themselves down? Gets so annoying when I feel people are being deceptive about their true character!

"Sikhah da Mann nivah mat uchee rak da aap akal purkh waheguru"

the manmukh is not capable of goodness veera..........................

Problem: Ego...................btw im perfect :)

then again everyone has an ego......u cant see until others point it out to you and once you realise your faults thats when you can really better yourself otherwise you will remain in that messed up cycle.

Guest peacemaker

Ahhhhh, I get it now. So none of us are "good", right? Well, I guess it's only a matter of time before this pathetic planet full of bad people gets blown out of the stars by someone!