Sikh Temple Invites Prominent Hindu Chaplain Zed

SaRpAnCh

http://www.mediaforfreedom.com/ReadArticle...?ArticleID=5431

Does this mean that the Hindu guy will come and do his prayer in a Gurdwara

noooo What!!!! a hindu in the Gurudwara doing his prayer...this is the end of Sikhi as we know it. I mean it...i bet its another RSS ploy to get us.

I mean why do we need to get another Preacher from a another Religion to come to our ceremony to perhaps help us join the communities together through religion.

"Amolak Singh Powar, President of Reno Sikh Temple, in his welcoming address, listed various projects undertaken by Zed to bring communities together through interfaith dialogue."

Its definetly Anti-Gurmat to have another person of faith come into Gurudwara and pray....i mean i'm not even sure why the 5th Guru ji let a person of another faith lay the foundation of our holiest place in Amritsar.

/sarcasm

This is the prayer the Chaplain read at the Senate.

Pheena --- what can we do about a Hindu coming inside a Gurdwara and praying in there?!?!?!

We'll have to start a petition and do videos on youtube!!

My blood is boiling!

We can't have anyone not Sikh praying in a gurdwara can we?

Surely this is against Sikhi?

Isn't it?

After re-reading the historic Hindu prayer, Zed said .....

Very stupid move.. We do respect all religion but that doesn't mean we agree with everything in their dharam..

What was the stupid move?

"After re-reading the historic Hindu prayer, Zed said that one had to act for the benefit of all. Despite our seriously different traditions, we should learn to live in some sort of trust and mutual loyalty. God, as a sign of God's bountifulness and generosity, positively willed the existence of different faiths, he added."

Hindus cannot come and do their 'own' prayers within a Gurdwara - end of only Gurmat and Gurbani is allowed

Damn right, there are differences between sikhism and hinduism, the things that both religions dont match should be left out for eg-I think as long as they are not morti pooja is good. But when it comes to recitation of mahavaks and mantars which attributes vahiguroo/ram/allah i think that should be allowed because.Remeber hinduism has many mahavaks explaining orginal state of vahiguroo before upadhi which ignorant fools like sarpanch obviously dont know. people like him probably never picked up an gutka let alone books on spirituality of other orders.. because spirituality and fanaticism is like darkness and light ...because you are filled with hatred...hatred has nothing to do with sikhism.... you are true sikh dushman , why dont you fanatics do all a favor, go to afghanistan and join talibans?