Why Are Sikhchic Posting Articles On So Called Sikhs?

Guest Guest

^^^Exactly just because she is brown and has come from a sikh family then is she automatically a sikh!?

I mean she hasnt even kept her surname as Kaur, can see how much respect she has for Sikhi.

Your not born a Sikh you become one, and actively practice Sikhi and she aint doing it.

IMO anyway. grin.gif

So what would be the minimum requirement to be worthy enough to be called "Sikh"? :lol:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two guys with same qualities/sharing same values, one kesdhari/amritdhari one non-kesdhari. Kesdhari is definitely more of a sikh compared to the other.

Pretty simpleton view there. What if the non Keshdhari lives an honest living, does his paat, thinks only well of others (Sarbat Dha Bhulla). Whereas the Kesdhari earns his living through shady business dealings, is extremely jealous of others, and has an over-inflated ego just because he's wearing a turban. Now who is more "Sikh"?

The Irish have a saying, "you can strap a bible around a donkey, but that doesn't make it a priest"

It's pretty funny how Sikhs just a assume "Paghri means good Sikh, Mona means bad Sikh", it goes a little bit deeper than that my friend. Take note that wear a pagh.

^^ rolleyes.gif

Two guys with same qualities/sharing same values, one kesdhari/amritdhari one non-kesdhari. Kesdhari is definitely more of a sikh compared to the other.

the stuff in bolds above means they are similar in every aspect of life. Earning an honest living and all the stuff you wrote bhaji, everything is ditto. That was my primary assumption before i reached to the following conclusion.. >>> Kesdhari is definitely more of a sikh compared to the other.

^^ rolleyes.gif

the stuff in bolds above means they are similar in every aspect of life. Earning an honest living and all the stuff you wrote bhaji, everything is ditto. That was my primary assumption before i reached to the following conclusion.. >>> Kesdhari is definitely more of a sikh compared to the other.

Agreed, I missed that part, but the point is, beyond defining WHO is Sikh (because if anything you've deduced they both are in fact....SIKH), should we start up a ratings system of who is MORE SIKH than the other, perhaps the Keshdari Sikh is a 4-Star Sikh, and the Non-Keshdari is 3-Star? Honestly, what does it matter? And who are we to judge WHO is Sikher? This tired argument has divided the kaum worse than caste imo.

My first post was directed at Punjabi_Link because he is always asking for who is a sikh and who is not(he very well knws why i made tht comparison). I am not here to judge anyone, people can do whatever they wanna do.

BUT

I have always asked one question from non-kesdharis/people trimming beards.. why do they do that?? I have never got a credible answer...

Keshdhari are equal to Amritdhari? grin.gif

Remember without taking amrit, turban and other K's aren't blessed by guru ji. So in other words, wearing 5 k's without taking amrit is useless unless you take amrit first.

My first post was directed at Punjabi_Link because he is always asking for who is a sikh and who is not(he very well knws why i made tht comparison). I am not here to judge anyone, people can do whatever they wanna do.

BUT

I have always asked one question from non-kesdharis/people trimming beards.. why do they do that?? I have never got a credible answer...

Everybody got their own reason.

Besides, I never got a credible answer of why keeping kesh is so important to us humans.