Dont Copy The "singhs" - Copy Real Gursikhs

AK-47

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good posts :lol:

there is a difference between bana & bhes (disguise). sangat worth spending your time with will devote maximum time to sewa & simran & encourage you to do likewise.

don't follow the crowd as you already have a leader in Guru Maharaj - He will illuminate the path & instead tread on the footsteps of Guruji's beloveds.

Regards to Heera singhs post.

Some of us have just started on this wonderful path of sikhi. It takes a lot to fall in love with guru ji therefore we need role models. we need people to copy. when i posted i was thinking ok... when u are unsure about something.. then u shud think to urself.. what wud guru gobind singh ji do.. or what wud guru naanak dev ji do? .. hmm not sure u got what i meant. This obviously shouldn't be the only thing linking us to God. Of course eventually we will fall in love with him without desire for nothing but him. But its better to want to be lyk guru jii than anyone else. What u sed is lyk next level talk... doesnt apply to most people

stay in chardikala

vaheguroo jee ka khalsa vaheguroo jee kee fateh

Gurujee sums it all up here...

Guru Nanak Dev Ji in Siree Raag on Ang 85

mÚ 1 ]

ma 1 ||

First Mehla:

glNØI AsI cMgIAw AwcwrI burIAwh ]

gala(n)aee asee cha(n)geeaa aachaaree bureeaah ||

We are good at talking, but our actions are bad.

mnhu kusuDw kwlIAw bwhir ictvIAwh ]

manahu kusudhhaa kaaleeaa baahar chittaveeaah ||

Mentally, we are impure and black, but outwardly, we appear white.

rIsw kirh iqnwVIAw jo syvih dru KVIAwh ]

reesaa karih thinaarreeaa jo saevehi dhar kharreeaah ||

We imitate those who stand and serve at the Lord's Door.

nwil KsmY rqIAw mwxih suiK rlIAwh ]

naal khasamai ratheeaa maanehi sukh raleeaah ||

They are attuned to the Love of their Husband Lord, and they experience the pleasure of His Love.

hodY qwix inqwxIAw rhih inmwnxIAwh ]

hodhai thaan nithaaneeaa rehehi nimaananeeaah ||

They remain powerless, even while they have power; they remain humble and meek.

nwnk jnmu skwrQw jy iqn kY sMig imlwh ]2]

naanak janam sakaarathhaa jae thin kai sa(n)g milaah ||2||

O Nanak, our lives become profitable if we associate with them. ||2||

Simple Singhni...

my point is simply COPYING and imitating them, we're not gonna get anywhere.. we shud be INSPIRED by them.. kno why they do wha they do.. and implement things into our lives accordingly.. for example... don't jus wear a dumalla because sum1 else does... there's a reason behind everything... when we're taking inspirition from Blessed souls, saints, mahapurakhs, our Guru's, then we shud also implement the 'andhro' (inside) change along with the outside change... for example.. yes, Sant Jarnail Singh wore a chola, and i's great that so many people are inspired by that and want to follow those ways too... buh Sant Jee also did immense amount of bhagti, seva, and vichaar of bani.. so we shud also implement those things into our lives...

copyin for the sake of copyin doesn't help us spiritually.. if we're doin it wit love and devotion to Guru Sahib, and doing the 'inside' change as well, only then does it benefit us! Tha's why Guru Sahib REPEATEDLY says, do sangat of 'sadh sangat', of 'sant sangat'... because those people inspire us..

'jan nanak dhoor mangai, tis gursikh kee, jo aap japai, avrai naam japaavai'...

Vaheguru..

Regards to Heera singhs post.

Some of us have just started on this wonderful path of sikhi. It takes a lot to fall in love with guru ji therefore we need role models.

Sikhi is path of love. Only love can keep ur sikhi alive. I would agree if you say budding lover need role models.....but people deviod of love will find sikhi really hard to follow.

we need people to copy. when i posted i was thinking ok... when u are unsure about something.. then u shud think to urself.. what wud guru gobind singh ji do.. or what wud guru naanak dev ji do? .. hmm not sure u got what i meant.

No matter how hard you think you cannot decipher even iota of what guru ji would "think". Guru resides on a very different plane, you will always be in awe.....its near immpossible to read guru ji mind.

I think we shouldn't "be" like guru ji...but we should try to follow what guru ji says.Rest all is His hukam and kirpa.

Thhanvaad