Thinking About Getting A New Laptop!

Heera Singh

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got Dell inspiron 6000 year and half ago, so far no complaints. Only I hate carrying it around at school because it gets to be heavy, but then again...I don't have muscle power, lol. Friend of mine got Windows vista and I've used his laptop few times for typing papers and stuff, Vistas annoys me so much! It is totally different at least in Microsoft Word. The layout is so different it is hard to find anything! I would recommend staying with XP. The rest some things have changed, like now there is "dual core," but I don't know anything about what that does.

Just get - MacBook Pro the simple reasons are;

1. no need to customise

2. very simple to use

3. will last you a life time

4. offers so much more then vista

5. amazing OS (OS X Leopard) with amazing features.. (baring in mind that Microsoft have been comparing 'Vista' too 'OS X Tiger' which is 3-4years old)

6. NO software or virus worries

7. small and nippy (sutiable for traveling)

8. 'Front Row' - Apples version of "windows media Centre"

9. lets you GET AWAY from Microsoft (a must do)

yeh.. macbrook lookin very nice to me.... i's a lil pricey so hopefully by xmas time prices will go down, n if they do i'll probably end up gettin that..

Goodluck :lol:

how's the OS on macbook compared to VISTA? is vista swarmed wit viruses yet?

Much better. It's UNiX based so virii and all that are not on it, or shalll I say less prone to get them. Vista was swared with virii from day one. LOL.gif

Bill gates not gonna like this... lol

Approx. 5 years ago.. i tried to switch to another operating system and bought the Apple ibook.. Their material is very good and very durable.. there graphic work was amazing... Top of the quality but i hated my choice because of lack of software available during those days.. starting with many of my favorite microsoft os compatible softwares..

I thought of doing some stuff back then which i don't remember what it called but it was something like i can run windows as well as mac os but the quality of the outcome was soo poor and speed was of turtle race...

I cannot say any recent stuff about mac but im sure that stuff changed as they now offer window office for mac.. which is pretty good but still to me its very different and i would rather live and die with microsoft.. tongue.gif

Apple is usually for multimedia designers....