Singh In British Army Needs Advice.

singh1986

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fateh

if this is true, it's really bad, especially as a number of sikh orgs have made really good links with the army in the last few yrs for recruitment etc.

If this is true, pls make a issue of it and take it as far as you can

Initial ports of contact can be

Anglo Sikh Heritage trail which i believe is run by Ranjit Sinh Rana who has good links with top officers of the British army see http://www.asht.info for email

In addition B.O.S.S have worked closely with the Bristish army for their annual sikhi camps and again have good links with top officers, their website is currnetly down but email info@boss-org.uk

Sikh Federation also have good links with the british army and recently tooka group of sikhs to the armistice day gathering in belgium, Jagtar Singh khalsa regurly posts on here and should be able to point you in right direction

Hopefulyl, one of the above should be able to help, if not, pm and with Guru's kirpa we'll make sure we go and speak to the right ppl to get this issue sorted

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki Fathe ji

VaheGuru G Ka Khalsa VaheGuru G Ki Fateh

I hope now the meeting would had been over .. what finally they have decided.

Dont mind for there harsh wordings against sikhism actually they ppl dont know the

importance of Guru Sikhs ..But tell them that there are some things like eating Halal

Meat etc .. things are totally restricted our religion does not allow us to consume not

even in our thoughts..

And u ppl only want my service that set just judge that thing and i would try to adjust

somethings like i would be wearing a patka small parna instead of tuban but please

tell them not use firing words against me is any sense.. Rest Guru G Kirpa Karan,,,

VaheGuru G Ka Khalsa VaheGuru G Ki Fateh

• 2 weeks later...

i was about to join the army not long back. before i did i went on their website and had an online discussion with a coorparol there. he said 5 kakkars are not a problem at all. long beards have to be tied up .......um and incase of nuclear war its gets complicated but tehre was no reason why they should have said that. id complain. army/police are dying to recruit the ethnic minority so a compliant would reallly be take seriously

This absolutely must be reported purely because the Sikh community in the UK has such good relationships with the British forces, that this kind of rumour will grow and cause negative press for both parties. Do not simply pass on this advice please Singh1986, could you also tell us on here unequivocally what regiment your friend went into? There are people on this forum who would chase it up.

In this day and age of information overload it is amazing how many urban legends find their feet with no factual basis. Myth-making is not a Sikh trait and I am not suggesting for one minute that that is what Singh1986 has done, however I would like to make the point here in reference to so many internet forum posts and chatroom messages that seem to be made by 'Sikhs' involving hate-crimes, racial abuse, religious conversions, terrorism, political instability and prominent individuals. Sikhs should avoid lies or gossip about people. Please don't let us diminish into this capacity.

Hi,

I am really note sure in details about rules of british army and it's different regiments.

Yes, sometimes due to more severe body moments or due to accute physical training we have to cover our heads with small keski instead of full turban. e.g. I was a hockey player and while playing hockey, I used to wear a simple handkerchief on my crown (Zoora). cricketers like Monty Panesar, Harbhajan Singh wear patka/keski while playing cricket. Is this army training a similar scenario.

Regards

Amarpreet Singh

www.pagrihouse.com

Sorry for not keeping concerned people informed. The Situation has been sorted the Army people were very sorry for the misunderstanding, the main trainer guy (watever their called :) ) did not know about the concessions made to Sikhs...but its all sorted now! as fas as I know anyway! :@

• 2 weeks later...

my advice to ppl is that from the outset, we should have asked for the Singhs reginment number and contact details, something which could be used to verify the facts

over exageration of facts and accusations with no hard evidence is useless, and those who wanted to help may have wasted their time on this..........what could have bee something so serious and important...