Sikh Bibian And Jewelery

RKang17

Wat is cologne???

OMG Surinderjit I use Aloe Vera too!! Once my sister was jumpin on the bed and cos we were hyper she banged her mouth into my head. The consequences of this were that her tooth went into my head and so I then had blood pouring out my head.

It was kinda scary but my mum used aloe vera to help the healing....I had a fresh one every day over my wound which was kinda cool. :)

Wat is cologne???

OMG Surinderjit I use Aloe Vera too!! Once my sister was jumpin on the bed and cos we were hyper she banged her mouth into my head. The consequences of this were that her tooth went into my head and so I then had blood pouring out my head.

It was kinda scary but my mum used aloe vera to help the healing....I had a fresh one every day over my wound which was kinda cool. :)

yup, our plant died tho so ;)

aww they are such cool plants....we have so many in our house....you should grow another one!

EDIT - I ran a search on aloe vera. It says

People in Tamil Nadu, another state of India prepare a curry using Aloe Vera which is taken along with Indian bread or rice.

I wonder what that tastes like!! Must be gooey and the only vegetable I can think of which is like that is erm bindiyaa? So does it taste like bindiyaaaaa???

Guest peacemaker

How did I know that when I opened this thread tonight, you would take something, which I, along with many others, said many moons ago and bring it to the forefront? It's not fair!! :)

I'm sorry, MR T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pity me because I am the fool!

This reminds me......u can take different types of Amrit and once I met this lady who was forcing me to take Amrit of the Baba she took it off.

She was like his Amrit is amazing, I can still wear lipstick and jewelllery and still be Amritdhari, dear bheta ure young and u don't want to take a strict Amrit, you want to be young and enjoy yourself and so take the same one as me. It was such an odd conversation. Its like when you meet Amritdhari people and they tell you that their Amrit allows them to eat meat. You just dunno what to say...so all u can do is smile, nod and walk away.

I just looked at this aunty when she was telling me about her lipstick and she had makeup everywhere and I thought omg I'm not gonna take Amrit for the sake of it. I don't want to reach minimum standards. Being an Amritdhari is lifelong learning. Everyone has minimum for you to join but ure meant to progress and get deeper and deeper into sikhi.

What I mean by this is that no Amritdhari is perfect but your supposed to learn more and more and aim for the ideal state of mind. In this case adorning yourself is not the correct way. Its negative brain conditioning....it supports a fickle industry and brings about nothing good in the world...why waste time, money and energy on such a worthless pursuit.....in occordance with the teachings of bani and those of sants Jewellery has no place in sikhi due to its purposeless nature. I wish I could explain this better..