Christmas

Kharku

Celebrating Chritmas  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Celebrate It

• YES
    • NO
    • I don't celebrate it but respect it.

Jesus brought people closer to God. You may not agree with everything he done or said, but devoted Christians are good, honest, kind, loyal people. So, I for one, commemorate the birth of a "saint" who created such a breed of man.

Thats fine. Tell me how you celebrate christmas. What do you do differently on that day that you dont on others?

maybe I should have asked "how would a sikh celebrate christmas?"

So now I'm not a "sikh", right? rolleyes.gif

omg. no man! You jump to conclustions to fast!! but ^^^ lets me know that you do celebrate it. lol, you got yourself!

I am asking, how does a sikh celebrate christmas. As in what does he or she do that we be called celebrateing christmas? And dont tell me putting up a chirstmass tree and getting presents.

Guest peacemaker

The above was very funny! <_<

I am asking, how does a sikh celebrate christmas. As in what does he or she do that we be called celebrateing christmas? And dont tell me putting up a chirstmass tree and getting presents.

OK, how about putting up a christmas tree, receiving and giving presents, putting up christmas lights in and around the house, singing christmas songs, going caroling, helping out the less fortunate and, finally, waiting for Saint Nicholas to come down the chimney on Christmas night and leave even more presents!!!!!

Does that satisfy you now?

babbar shere....

you're right...YOU should NOT celebrate christmas...in fact you shouldn't be celebrating ANYTHING...

my brother you NEED to READ our GURMAT ITHAAS....

that way you WOULD NOT make STUPID comments about WHAT OUR GURUS DID AND DID NOT DO...

that's right....i'm ticked off...cuz ...having opinions is one thing....but saying STUPID remarks about our GURUS without having any knowledge of our ithaas shows why our kaum is so lame these days...

i COULD tell you which GURU was KICKED by a jealous person who didn't get guruship...i COULD tell you that his response was to apologize to the person and ask if the person was hurt....

BUT that would be spoonfeeding you, and you won't actually learn that you need to go research this stuff before making STUPID...i repeat STUPID comments about what our gurus showed us and what they didn't show us...

I do invite you to actually research this...and then come back and tell the sangat...so that we know that you actually are sincere about all this "what is gurmat and what isn't gurmat" business...

The second thing i INVITE you to do is to research the need for the Kirpan...

some tips...

read about all the jungs that guru gobind singh ji fought...look at the reasons that they were fought for...

you might want to look at the word KIRPAN....decipher the meaning...kirpaaa...an...

you might find out that guru ji fought for the downtrodden, he fought for Justice of humanity..he fought for the LOVE of Humanity, he fought in Love of his LORD....

totally different reasons than what you've stated...but alas...i'm sure you will do the research...

There are a couple of more areas where you might want to research so that you can make more enlightened posts and contribute to the learning experience of this forum...

and before everyone jumps on me for using the strong language...

i know people can make mistakes...we all do...i make mistakes all the time

there is a difference with people putting ideas out there to be critiqued and discussed....and those that PReach their ideas as the gospel, ESPECIALLY when a CURSORY look at our gurmat ithaas would show us that what is being said is not...

also...i would suggest you look at farid jee's bani and see what it says about those who punch you...and what your reaction should be...you'll be surprised....i could tell you the pangti ..but then that would take away the research opportunity from you....