Amritdhari's And Xmas Trees

Guest Singh of the Guru

Guest Singh of the Guru

Gurfateh!

I recently had a conversation with an Amritdhari Singh who said he was putting up his Christmas tree.

What does the Sangat think of this - personally I think its wrong and hypocritical. I don't think Amritdhari's should be doing these kind of things. Could more learned Gursikhs give their opinions please.

Thank you

Gurfateh!

hahaha

i love how many people think christmas trees are some sort of serious Jesus-Worshipping ritual.

There's no longer any jesus in christmas... Christmas is fully disjointed from religion, except for the small amount who are religious in the first place and put actual meaning to attending Christmas Mass.

Yes, it does promote good deeds and love... but being a decent human being does the same..

I don't think I'd ever put up a tree in my own home... but I also know i'm in no place to be commenting on it.. I engage in my own fair share of mindless rituals, it'd actually be hypocritical of me to look down upon someone else's.

why argue whether its worth celebrating or not? in my opinion rather than celebrating it, why not take the good out of christmas as people call it the festive season, christmas promotes ideas of sharing rather than being selfish, it promotes giving rather than taking, us as gursikhs, sikhs of the gurus, shouldnt we be doing that in our daily lives one of the fundemental teachings of Guroo Nanak Dev jee, vand keh chankna, i beleive what we as gursikhs should do at christmas is reflect if we have done that througout the year, have we actually helped and shared throughout the year or have we been greedy and selfish? its a prefect time to reflect on this duriing the christmas period as its close to the end of the calendar year

if you're gonna celebrate christmas or not, thats upto everyone individually but one thing is to respect christmas and not really engrose in pros and cons of it, rather then being negative about everything, we should take the posotives of everything and add them to our personal lives that way we'll progress on this path of gurskihi................