Whats The Story Behind Your Name?

JarnailS

you guys not gonna believe this but check this out.

My parents wanted to name me Ranvir Singh

My kacha name is Raja (thats wat everybody calls me)

but the day parents went to chounkidar (the guy that makes birth certificates in pinds)

he was drunk that day i guess.

so the put Amrik Singh on certificate.

so now on pass port and everything, even in school is Amrik Singh.

parents talkin about changing it, but ive been know as Amrik so long, and now i dont wanna get rid of it., and plus all my familyin india, aunts, uncles, cuzins, grandparents and all call me Raja, so it doesnt even matter.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Dear all, I am back with my stupid thread once again.... :)

Now, this time lets talk about WHO kept your name and WHY?

Good Luck

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

****************** My Name Story ********************

I was born in a small vilage of Punjab (wow, feel so proud). Since, I was born on wednesday, my baba Ji put my name as "Budh Singh" (make perfect sense.....lol) and after few days when the family had a letter "J" from Shri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.....I think "Jarnail Singh" was a very well known name in 1982 (the year I was born) and my baba ji tell the paathi singh that the name would be "Jarnail Singh" and my Daddy Ji did a boley so nihaal da jakaara and I got this truely wicked name as "Jarnail Singh- meaning Head of Army or Leader"

sorry talikhakh mod veerji i m going out of topic...

soo jarnail veera yaar bavan saday pind chotay nay par lokan day dil bhuttttttttttttttttt vaday nay....... anyways if u dont mind can i ask from which pind u r?????

I was born in a hospital in Nakodar. I yet didn't had any name. i was sick. all the time.

My grandma and Thai-ji were crying all the time, i had pilia of something like that.

My mom was doing all lot path for me.

One of the nurse said that i have got gone. My mom said when she put me up, i woke, and was not dead yet. After that i haven't been ill.

My name was held by a Sant Ji which lived in our village, i did met sant ji also in england and holland, very nice sant. He died in 2004.

He named me Sangat Singh

WkWf

• 2 weeks later...
I have a twin bro, and my letter frm the hukamnama came out as an A. Our word was Abinasee, so my bro was meant to be a B coz he was born last, but nobody wanted his name to begin with b, grin.gif so they gave him a too. So I got Amrit and he got Ajit - which is really annoying coz we get called the AA twins tongue.gif

Hehe, my parents did the same thing sorta. We got the letters "A" and "M"

I guess they wanted us to have similar names, so I'm Manpreet and she's Mandeep!! :s (I couldve been an Amanpreet blink.gif )

ok myn is a lil borin....

in the hospital before we got to the gurdwara the nurses askd for a name 2 put on my card thingy...my dad called me Rani Kaur i dunno why but he called my 2 older siters Rani Kaur in the hospital aswel.

At the gurdwara i got the letter G.

My mum wantd the letter V to called me Vishal [which would have been soooo cool!]

my bibi wanted to call me Gurbachan :s

My mum thankfully said that they should think about how all the kids at school would say my name and how with a western accent its not the best name to have...plus she wasnt that keen on the name.

She liked the name Gurpreet beucause it was my great grandfathers name =].