Dodra Sangat Doing Bhangra After Keertan Chanting To Whaeguru

ramgobbind

I'm glad Japman veerji clarified the situation. I couldn't tell the video was from a smagam, although it was said so. It could have been a birthday celebration or something similar.

In any case mistakes were made. Now let's learn and move on. For those present it must have been a shock but they dealt with the situation. Good for them.

I saw from my own eyes bhangra at Dixie Gurudwara once (it was a wedding). Well someone could have made a video of that too. In any case the Gianiji explained during the ceremony that it was wrong.

So all i'm saying is not to do jatha bashing.

""""""In terms of re-posting the video:

It is officially nothing more now than a hate-creation scheme. The story is that Mohinder Singh SDO took his bhag off and threw it on the ground when he first launched his shabad vartara propaganda, while donig keertan at an AKJ samagam. posting that video accopmlishes nothing. everyone thought he was a poora piaara singh of bhai sahib bhai randhir singh ji... and he turned out to be a fraud... to this day, everyone, myself included, knows that the AKJ does not stand for mohinder singh's actions and his subsequent shabad vartara campaign.... similarly, this is not condoned or encouraged by dodra sangat. posting the video is doing nothing other than creating hate towards a sangat that didn't WANT or ASK for this to happen. The current title of the video also shows the poster's single-minded aim to do nothing except cause trouble immaturely. """""

Before you post know the facts....SDO had already left AKJ he was with Dodra his shabad vartarra was launched much later.... also go on AKJ.org and you'll see people defending the actions of dodra, also this is a panthic issue, this should definitly be brought to Akal Takhat,

Your humility is appreciated bro...every one of us will say at some point in our lives "I screwed up"... and as much as you regret being there as a mere witness, sounds like you can turn your presence into something constructive. It can be hard to know exactly what intervention is appropriate at the time. We have seen too many interventions to "immediately stop insult" that turn into a further riot or circus. There are so many wayward rituals amongst sikhs, this one is especially painful because of the over the top ignorance.

Is the poster of the video aware of your reply here? Are people involved defensive or apologetic? If the latter, I also wonder if the continued posting of the video at some point stops exposing the insult and rather just adds to it. In case what you're dealing with is not a straightforward matter, we should now offer our assistance as readily as our criticism.

Very Well said..

from the replies.. it seems like some group of ppl who are hungrily waiting for such events to happen as it entertain them to full level, never knowing that its hurting some ppls sentiments.

Japman... you don't have to defend anything because some will never ever understand until the day comes when they will be in your shoes...

I don't know Japman Singh personally, have read his posts which seem to be pretty intelligent. But saying that now dodra will take care of whatever has happened isn't the solution either. Isn't it the case of "sikhs wake up after the storm has passed"??

I am sure there must have been liked minded people who didn't approve of whatever was happening, they could have stepped forward and dealt with the situation. This is what always happens all the time, we look for solutions after the beadbbi has been done.

All i see is auntian doing giddah and some young guys doing some bhangra, it is really stupid. I mean were these people out of their minds?? This is a real sad state of sikhi.

If people are posting this video to just point fingers at a certain jatha/people then thy should refrain from taking cheap shots.

i am reading the youtube comments (link posted by namastang) as i type this post. Posters on youtube are saying there is meat, sharab etc. at the house and how Guru Ji's room has posters of rappers.. how true is that??