Waheguru

Kharku

Papi has already said that this info has been recieved from many mahapurshes, i can also say that i have also heard this from many gursikhs also. So please, lets not start saying that 'this is wrong' as he said most of us have not read all of maharajh let alone understood what all of gurbani says. so to take advice from elder gursikhs who HAVE understood gurbani is a very good idea! :s

a simple search on sikhitothemax (dont like doing this, but just to show how easy it is) reveals the following lines ..

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=5817

May I be a sacrifice unto those Gursikhs who, in accordance with Gurmat concentrate their mind on the feet of the Guru.

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=5996

Having the sight of the true Guru, the Sikh of the Guru concentrates upon Him.

Now if the true guru is guru granth sahib ji, and is the representation of vaheguru on earth, then it would be correct to say that you should concentrate your mind on guru granth sahib ji. (literal interpretation i know - apologies but this is a quick post!!)

but your right, many gursikhs stress that listening to the simran is very important.

Just do what is best for you!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kharku veer do simran with your eyes closed. Like 'The Warrior' said you'll see darkness. It'll be like you are on a vehicle without headlights turned on. While you concentrate this darkness will change colors, keep driving till you see a white light :s .

isrIrwgu mhlu 1 ]

sireeraag mehal 1 ||

Siree Raag, First Mehla:

Dwqu imlY Puin Dwqu kau isPqI isPiq smwie ]

dhhaath milai fun dhhaath ko sifathee sifath samaae ||

As metal merges with metal, those who chant the Praises of the Lord are absorbed into the Praiseworthy Lord.

lwlu gulwlu ghbrw scw rMgu cVwau ]

laal gulaal gehabaraa sachaa ra(n)g charraao ||

Like the poppies, they are dyed in the deep crimson color of Truthfulness.

scu imlY sMqoKIAw hir jip eykY Bwie ]1]

sach milai sa(n)thokheeaa har jap eaekai bhaae ||1||

Those contented souls who meditate on the Lord with single-minded love, meet the True Lord. ||1||

I don't wish to be one of those people who simply take Gurubani out of context to explain my point. However, I have to say, from reading Gurubani this message seems to come to me quite a lot. That as long as we are trying with all our hearts to meet Waheguru without thinking about anything else, Waheguru will indeed let us. I'm not going to say that you should simply concentrate on what's easy, but I think at first this is acceptable to concentrate on something which helps you - until you can control your mind to be able to simply concentrate on Waheguru shabd alone.

I hope that wasnt confusing and I hope I haven't offended anyone etc. in my reply tongue.gif

It hurts to have a mind doesn't it?...It kills me but it never dies itself...

My Babaji says:

Waheguru...This is the only word that brings your whole body into movement...

Guru Nanak Patshah during amritvela once...looked around at the nature...and he uttered for the first time "Waheguru"....

Wah = "wow"

He = "Oh"

Guru = "True Teacher"

Close your eyes...You can never concentrate on meditation with your eyes open...Then listen to your heart beat...Think about who is keeping that heart beat going, and who is sitting in your heart and keeping you alive...Ask your eyes what they really want to see---> worldy trash or Guru Nanak Patshah?...They will wonder crazily...You'll cry when the eyes will make their decision...

Then look down at your heart with your eyes closed...listen to the heart beat...It's saying Waheguru...Just follow it...Say it loud...Tell the whole world how great your Guru is...Tell them how he didn't care about himself or his family to save his sikhs...Tell them how great the Guru's Sikhs are who place their lives at his holy feet...Tell your self how great your Guru is who is always forgiving you all the time while the world takes time to bad mouth you for your mistakes...