Kinda Ate Meat Accidentally

Guest worried

Guest worried

Gurfateh...

I'm an amritdhari and have never been in this situation before. I was at school today and I picked up a melted cheese sandwich (which I have done before and found no meat in- they're usually vegetarian!) and went to eat it. I took one bite of the end, there was no meat, but then I looked at the sandwich and I could see meat in the cheese. I never actually ate the meat, but I'm still a bit worried, as I am Amritdhari.

Does anyone know what I should do? Should I do ardaas and pray for forgiveness to GuruJi?

:s

Please help

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do ardaas.. ask for forgiveness... make it heartfealt... Guru Sahib will know if it was an accident or not.. ask for something like this not to happen again...

in the future.. be more aware.. try not to eat from outside.. if u must, then ask questions; make sure the dish ur eating doesn't contain things u don't eat...

this is why we must be VERY careful and try to keep away from eating from outside, as u never kno...

Gurfateh...

I'm an amritdhari and have never been in this situation before. I was at school today and I picked up a melted cheese sandwich (which I have done before and found no meat in- they're usually vegetarian!) and went to eat it. I took one bite of the end, there was no meat, but then I looked at the sandwich and I could see meat in the cheese. I never actually ate the meat, but I'm still a bit worried, as I am Amritdhari.

Does anyone know what I should do? Should I do ardaas and pray for forgiveness to GuruJi?

:s

Please help

.....you are still at the primary stages, as your avastha goes higher that won't matter.

Terrible, you're going to hell to fry burgers for saddam!……Just kidding! tongue.gif

If it was me and I didnt definately consume any of the meat then I would do a big ardas to maharaj for forgiveness and for help in keeping my rehet more disciplined in future and do some extra paath every day for a period of time (your own choice how long etc). However if I had eaten the meat - I would most definately have to go pesh because even tho it was a mistake, it still has big negative effects on us which I couldnt bear the weight of.

Hope this helped.

Fateh

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=315495

I was speaking to a very gupt and very old bibi who has done sangat with very great sants and i was told that Amrit can crack your soul i.e. if you keep drinking Amrit just for any old reason i.e. going pesh for this reason or that reason where Amrit is again admistered to the peshi. Amrit is very powerful and the affects of it i dont think many of us understand. This vichaar has been told to me and may be something you may want to investigate for your own please dont take my word for it.

The Amrit we should cleanse ourselves with daily is Amrit Bani, and that is what should wash our sins especially if they were not intentional, pesh is only for very extreame circumstances where you know you did it using manmat. It is your heart felt ardas and sharda and kamaiye that will cleanse you of the sins we commit every day.

I was speaking to a very gupt and very old bibi who has done sangat with very great sants and i was told that Amrit can crack your soul i.e. if you keep drinking Amrit just for any old reason i.e. going pesh for this reason or that reason where Amrit is again admistered to the peshi. Amrit is very powerful and the affects of it i dont think many of us understand. This vichaar has been told to me and may be something you may want to investigate for your own please dont take my word for it.

The Amrit we should cleanse ourselves with daily is Amrit Bani, and that is what should wash our sins especially if they were not intentional, pesh is only for very extreame circumstances where you know you did it using manmat. It is your heart felt ardas and sharda and kamaiye that will cleanse you of the sins we commit every day.

I disagree with that. So does she not think gurbaaNee or naam is just as powerful? Its on the discretion of the punj pyaare if they give you choola when you pesh or take amrit again. You shouldn't say it can CRACK your soul, amrit has nothing but good side effects, saying amrit has negative side effects she has definately not understood its potential.