Prof. Darshan Singh

S1ngh

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

akj hasnt got a problem with dasam bani, it is bani of guru gobind singh ji and they respect it.

parallel parkash of dasam granth with guru granth sahib ji is not something you will see in the jatha, but that doesnt mean akj is against dasam granth.

bhai randhir singh ji used to read alot of dasam bani in jail, you can see that in his autobiography. jatha hasnt got a strict stance on it and its up to the individual. just because some akj gursikhs myt say something doesnt mean the whole jatha believes in it. you can see from these actions that akj is totally against darshan singhs actions, i would say most of jatha singhs around world would do same.

gurooo

Mahapapi thats really good to hear.

However, its no secret that there are individuals (minority) associated with AKJ who are really against Dasam Bani, particuarly members of AKJ who also side greatly with the Sikh Missionary College iin Ludhiana. These people do not tend to have a significant role within the Jatha but undoubtedly they do tarnish its reputation and create a poor image for the jatha. If its considered Gurbani then surely there should be a 'strict stance' on the issue. Undoubtedly within all Jathas, Sampradas etc we do find minor differences, but surely with a Sikh Organisation there should be a universal stance on Gurbani, as senior members of AKJ have expressed the official stance lets hope it filters down.

Also good to note AKJ in India working closely with Giani Sher Singh of Budha Dal. :TH:

I personaly feel controversy over DASAM GRANTH should be solved in cordial manner. The joginder singh and the editor of spokesman sometimes ago has even rejected the jaap shaib, chupai shiab and SWWIYAAS calling it brahmin vani which is like rejecting the whole ideology of sikhi. Their page on sikh history the author Harbhajan singh writes most foolish and useles comments which shows leftist leanings for example he made a comment on martydom of elder shaibzadas that they died while getting out of seize of mughals something the RSS also says . Another foolish comment is that about number of enemies troops in chamkaur shaib war by less it is fact mughal collected one million troops while regular were 2.5 lacs others came for greed of loot. Another foolish and deameaning comment was about that GURU GOBIND SINGH JIhe wrote he could not face wazir khan a simple fauzdar how could he shook the a big empire again he is uncorrect SIRHIND HAD THE SAME STATUS OF PRESENT DAY MUMBAI IT WAS NOT ONLY THE SECOND CAPITAL OF PUNJAB but bigggst commercial cetre of asia. Secondly lahore lost its importance to sirhind during GURU JI TIMES AND GOVORNER OF SIRHIND was among the 4 pillars of mughal empire others were delhi, bengal, and avadh hyderabad gained power after Aurangzeb.

Battle of Chamkaur is written in Zafarnama wherein Guru ji wirtes that there were one million army of Moghals and Hindu rajas.They want to destroy sikh history at the behest of RSS .They are agents of RSS and destroying sikhism from inside.

They also say that there were no chali maktas.Next will be attack on SGGS also.These people are not sikhs but Brahmins in sikh roop.

Battle of chamkaur in Zafarnama,Dasam Granth

http://www.sridasam.org/dasam?Action=Page&p=2267

ਗੁਰਸਨਹ ਚਿਹ ਕਾਰੇ ਚਿਹਲ ਨਰ ॥ ਕਿ ਦਹ ਲਕ ਬਰਾਯਦ ਬਰੋ ਬੇਖ਼ਬਰ ॥੧੯॥

गुरसनह चिह कारे चिहल नर ॥ कि दह लक बरायद बरो बेख़बर ॥१९॥

How could forty famished persons fight in the battlefield, on whom ten lakh soldiers made a sudden attack.19.

ਕਿ ਪੈਮਾਂ ਸ਼ਿਕਨ ਬੇਦਰੰਗ ਆਮਦੰਦ ॥ ਮਿਯਾਂ ਤੇਗ਼ੋ ਤੀਰੋ ਤੁਫ਼ੰਗ ਆਮਦੰਦ ॥੨੦॥

कि पैमां शिकन बेदरंग आमदंद ॥ मियां तेग़ो तीरो तुफ़ंग आमदंद ॥२०॥

Your army breaking the oath and in great haste plunged in the battlefield with arrows and guns.20.

ਬ ਲਾਚਾਰਗੀ ਦਰਮਿਯਾਂ ਆਮਦਮ ॥ ਬ ਤਦਬੀਰਿ ਤੀਰੋ ਤੁਫ਼ੰਗ ਆਮਦਮ ॥੨੧॥

ब लाचारगी दरमियां आमदम ॥ ब तदबीरि तीरो तुफ़ंग आमदम ॥२१॥

For this reason, I had to intervene and had to come fully armed.21.

ਚੁ ਕਾਰ ਅਜ਼ ਹਮਹ ਹੀਲਤੇ ਦਰ ਗੁਜ਼ਸ਼ਤ ॥ ਹਲਾਲ ਅਸਤ ਬੁਰਦਨ ਬ ਸ਼ਮਸ਼ੀਰ ਦਸਤ ॥੨੨॥

चु कार अज़ हमह हीलते दर गुज़शत ॥ हलाल असत बुरदन ब शमशीर दसत ॥२२॥

When all other methods fail, it is proper to hold the sword in hand.22.

ਚਿਹ ਕਸਮੇ ਕੁਰਆਂ ਮਨ ਕੁਨਮ ਏਤਬਾਰ ॥ ਵਗਰਨਹ ਤੁ ਗੋਈ ਮਨ ਈਂ ਰਹ ਚਿਹਕਾਰ ॥੨੩॥

चिह कसमे कुरआं मन कुनम एतबार ॥ वगरनह तु गोई मन ईं रह चिहकार ॥२३॥

I have no faith in your oaths on the Quarn, otherwise I had nothing to do with

this battle.23.

ਨ ਦਾਨਮ ਕਿ ਈਂ ਮਰਦਿ ਰੋਬਾਹ ਪੇਚ ॥ ਗਰ ਹਰਗਿਜ਼ੀਂ ਰਹ ਨਯਾਰਦ ਬਹੇਚ ॥੨੪॥

न दानम कि ईं मरदि रोबाह पेच ॥ गर हरगिज़ीं रह नयारद बहेच ॥२४॥

I do not know that your officers are deceitful, otherwise I would not have followed this path.24.

ਹਰ ਆਂ ਕਸ ਕਿ ਕਉਲੇ ਕੁਰਆਂ ਆਯਦਸ਼ ॥ ਨਜ਼ੋ ਬਸਤਨੋ ਕੁਸ਼ਤਨੀ ਬਾਯਦਸ਼ ॥੨੫॥

हर आं कस कि कउले कुरआं आयदश ॥ नज़ो बसतनो कुशतनी बायदश ॥२५॥

It is not appropriated to imprison and kill those, who put faith on the oaths of Quarn.25.

ਬਰੰਗੇ ਮਗਸ ਸਯਾਹਪੋਸ਼ ਆਮਦੰਦ ॥ ਬ ਯਕਬਾਰਗੀ ਦਰ ਖ਼ਰੋਸ਼ ਆਮਦੰਦ ॥੨੬॥।

बरंगे मगस सयाहपोश आमदंद ॥ ब यकबारगी दर ख़रोश आमदंद ॥२६॥।

The soldiers of your army, clad in black uniforms, rushed like flies on my men.26.

ਹਰ ਆਂ ਕਸ ਜ਼ਿ ਦੀਵਾਰ ਆਮਦ ਬਿਰੂੰ ॥ ਬਖ਼ੁਰਦਨ ਯਕੇ ਤੀਰ ਸ਼ੁਦ ਗ਼ਰਕਿ ਖ਼ੂੰ ॥੨੭॥

हर आं कस ज़ि दीवार आमद बिरूं ॥ बख़ुरदन यके तीर शुद ग़रकि ख़ूं ॥२७॥

Whosoever from them came near the wall of the fort, with one arrow he wos drenched in his won blood.27.

ਕਿ ਬੇਰੂੰ ਨਯਾਮਦ ਕਸੇ ਜ਼ਾਂ ਦਿਵਾਰ ॥ ਨ ਖ਼ੁਰਦੰਦ ਤੀਰੋ ਨ ਗਸ਼ਤੰਦ ਖ਼੍ਵਾਰ ॥੨੮॥

कि बेरूं नयामद कसे ज़ां दिवार ॥ न ख़ुरदंद तीरो न गशतंद ख़्वार ॥२८॥

None dared to come there near the wall; none faced then the arrows and destruction.28.

ਚੁ ਦੀਸਮ ਕਿ ਨਾਹਰ ਬਿਯਾਮਦ ਬ ਜੰਗ ॥ ਚਸ਼ੀਦਮ ਯਕੇ ਤੀਰਿ ਮਨ ਬੇਦਰੰਗ ॥੨੯॥

चु दीसम कि नाहर बियामद ब जंग ॥ चशीदम यके तीरि मन बेदरंग ॥२९॥

When I saw Nahar Khan in the battlefield, he was greeted with one of my arrows.29.

ਹਮ ਆਖ਼ਿਰ ਗੁਰੇਜ਼ਦ ਬਜਾਏ ਮਸਾਫ਼ ॥ ਬਸੇ ਖ਼ਾਨਹ ਖ਼ਰਦੰਦ ਬੇਰੂੰ ਗੁਜ਼ਾਫ਼ ॥੩੦॥

हम आख़िर गुरेज़द बजाए मसाफ़ ॥ बसे ख़ानह ख़रदंद बेरूं गुज़ाफ़ ॥३०॥

All those boasters who came near the wall, they were dispatched in no time.30.

ਕਿ ਅਫ਼ਗਾਨ ਦੀਗਰ ਬਯਾਮਦ ਬਜੰਗ ॥ ਚੁ ਸੈਲਿ ਰਵਾਂ ਹਮਚੁ ਤੀਰੋ ਤੁਫ਼ੰਗ ॥੩੧॥

कि अफ़गान दीगर बयामद बजंग ॥ चु सैलि रवां हमचु तीरो तुफ़ंग ॥३१॥

Another Afghan, with a bow and arrow came in the battlefield like a flood.31.

ਬਸੇ ਹਮਲਹ ਕਰਦੰਦ ਬ ਮਰਦਾਨਗੀ ॥ ਹਮ ਅਜ਼ ਹੋਸ਼ਗੀ ਹਮ ਜ਼ਿ ਦੀਵਾਨਗੀ ॥੩੨॥

बसे हमलह करदंद ब मरदानगी ॥ हम अज़ होशगी हम ज़ि दीवानगी ॥३२॥

He shot arrows heroically, sometimes in senses and sometimes in madness.32.

ਬਸੇ ਹਮਲਹ ਕਰਦੋ ਬਸੇ ਜ਼ਖ਼ਮ ਖ਼ਰਦ ॥ ਦੋ ਕਸ ਰਾ ਬਜਾਂ ਕਸ਼ਤ ਹਮ ਜਾਂ ਸਪੁਰਦ ॥੩੩॥

बसे हमलह करदो बसे ज़ख़म ख़रद ॥ दो कस रा बजां कशत हम जां सपुरद ॥३३॥

He made several attacks and was drenched with last.33.

ਕਿ ਆਂ ਖ਼੍ਵਾਜਹ ਮਰਦੂਦ ਸਾਯਹ ਦੀਵਾਰ ॥ ਨਯਾਮਦ ਬ ਮੈਦਾਂ ਬ ਮਰਦਾਨਹ ਵਾਰ ॥੩੪॥

कि आं ख़्वाजह मरदूद सायह दीवार ॥ नयामद ब मैदां ब मरदानह वार ॥३४॥

Khwaja Mardud hid himself behind the wall; he did not enter the field like a brave warrior.34.

ਦਰੇਗ਼ਾ ਅਗਰ ਰੂਇ ਓ ਦੀਦਮੇ ॥ ਬ ਯਕ ਤੀਰ ਲਾਚਾਰ ਬਖ਼ਸ਼ੀਦਮੇ ॥੩੫॥

दरेग़ा अगर रूइ ओ दीदमे ॥ ब यक तीर लाचार बख़शीदमे ॥३५॥

If I had seen his face once, one of my arrows would have dispatched him to the abode of death.35.

ਹਮ ਆਖ਼ਿਰ ਬਸੇ ਜ਼ਖ਼ਮਿ ਤੀਰੋ ਤੁਫ਼ੰਗ ॥ ਦੋ ਸੂਏ ਬਸੇ ਕੁਸ਼ਤਹ ਸ਼ੁਦ ਬੇਦਰੰਗ ॥੩੬॥

हम आख़िर बसे ज़ख़मि तीरो तुफ़ंग ॥ दो सूए बसे कुशतह शुद बेदरंग ॥३६॥

Many warriors wounded with arrows and bullets died in the battle on both the sides.36.

ਬਸੇ ਬਾਰ ਬਾਰੀਦ ਤੀਰੋ ਤੁਫ਼ੰਗ ॥ ਜ਼ਿਮੀ ਗਸ਼ਤ ਹਮ ਚੂੰ ਗੁਲੇ ਲਾਲਹ ਰੰਗ ॥੩੭॥

बसे बार बारीद तीरो तुफ़ंग ॥ ज़िमी गशत हम चूं गुले लालह रंग ॥३७॥

The darts were showered so violently, that the field became red like popyflowers.37.

ਸਰੋਪਾਇ ਅੰਬੋਹ ਚੰਦਾ ਸ਼ੁਦਹ ॥ ਕਿ ਮੈਦਾਂ ਪੁਰ ਅਜ਼ ਗੂਓ ਚੌਗਾਂ ਸ਼ੁਦਹ ॥੩੮॥

सरोपाइ अमबोह चंदा शुदह ॥ कि मैदां पुर अज़ गूओ चौगां शुदह ॥३८॥

The heads and limbs of the dead were scattered in the field like the balls and sticks in the game of Polo.38.

ਤਰੰਕਾਰਿ ਤੀਰੋ ਤਫੰਗਿ ਕਮਾਂ ॥ ਬਰਾਮਦ ਯਕੇ ਹਾਓ ਹੂ ਅਜ਼ ਜਹਾਂ ॥੩੯॥

तरंकारि तीरो तफंगि कमां ॥ बरामद यके हाओ हू अज़ जहां ॥३९॥

When the arrows hissed and bows tinkled, there was a great hue and cry in the world.39.

ਦਿਗਰ ਸ਼ੋਰਸ਼ਿ ਕੈਬਰਿ ਕੀਨਹ ਕੋਸ਼ ॥ ਜ਼ਿ ਮਰਦਾਨਿ ਮਰਦਾਂ ਬਿਰੂੰ ਰਫ਼ਤ ਹੋਸ਼ ॥੪੦॥

दिगर शोरशि कैबरि कीनह कोश ॥ ज़ि मरदानि मरदां बिरूं रफ़त होश ॥४०॥

There the spears and lances provided a dreadful sound and the warriors lost heir senses.40.

ਹਮ ਆਖ਼ਿਰ ਚਿਹ ਮਰਦੀ ਕੁਨਦ ਕਾਰਜ਼ਾਰ ॥ ਕਿ ਬਰ ਚਿਹਲ ਤਨ ਆਯਦਸ਼ ਬੇ ਸ਼ੁਮਾਰ ॥੪੧॥

हम आख़िर चिह मरदी कुनद कारज़ार ॥ कि बर चिहल तन आयदश बे शुमार ॥४१॥

How could bravery ultimately withstand in the field, when only forty were surrounded by innumerable warriors?41.

ਚਰਾਗ਼ਿ ਜਹਾਂ ਚੂੰ ਸ਼ੁਦਹ ਬੁਰਕਹ ਪੋਸ਼ ॥ ਸ਼ਹਿ ਸ਼ਬ ਬਰਾਮਦ ਹਮਹ ਜਲਵਹ ਜੋਸ਼ ॥੪੨॥

चराग़ि जहां चूं शुदह बुरकह पोश ॥ शहि शब बरामद हमह जलवह जोश ॥४२॥

When the lamp of the world veiled itself, the moon shone in brightness during the night.42.

ਹਰ ਆਂਕਸ ਬਕਉਲੇ ਕੁਹਾਂ ਆਯਦਸ਼ ॥ ਕਿ ਯਜ਼ਦਾਂ ਬਰੋ ਰਹਿਨੁਮਾ ਆਯਦਸ਼ ॥੪੩॥

हर आंकस बकउले कुहां आयदश ॥ कि यज़दां बरो रहिनुमा आयदश ॥४३॥

He, who puts faith on the oaths of the Quran, the Ture Lord gives him the guidance.43.

ਨ ਪੇਚੀਦਹ ਮੂਏ ਨ ਰੰਜੀਦਹ ਤਨ ॥ ਕਿ ਬੇਰੂੰ ਖ਼ੁਦ ਆਵੁਰਦ ਦੁਸ਼ਮਨ ਸ਼ਿਕਨ ॥੪੪॥

न पेचीदह मूए न रंजीदह तन ॥ कि बेरूं ख़ुद आवुरद दुशमन शिकन ॥४४॥

There was neither any harm nor injury; my Lord, the vanquisher of the enemies, brought me to safety.44.

I'm sorry if this is not true, but I heard he eats meat and says its ok to.

wjkk wjkf

veer ji, dont worry, people say millions of things about our panthic leaders, doesnt mean that everything is true.

wjkk wjkf

This is true, when prof darshan singh came to my city years ago we had him over to our house with a bunch of ppl. most of the ppl were moderate sikhs (NOT amritdhari not really practicing) me and his crew were the only amridharis out of the group. Anyways one moderate posed the question if meat is prohibited why would they not just say it in the rehitnama why would they say only a certain type, surely that means meat is allowed. Me being younger and not much knowledge except a few articles I read thought oh this is gonna be good prof is gonna give this guy a great reply and finally someoen can debate these intellectual types who make decisions on sikhi without even practicing it. Well what his answer was shocked me. He said casually, and i'll never forget it, "Main kudho kya si bhey meat nahi kha sakday." And all the people around were really happy with this answer me and my family were shocked. But yeah i should of spoke up but at that time how was i gonna be able to provide a logical argument to this big professer ex jathedar blah blah. So shamefully I stayed quiet. Oh well u live and u learn.

Anyways I hate spreading things that i can not confirm with my own ears and eyes so i can say all this with great confidence he does not see anything wrong with eating meat, and he may eat it himself. I never heard him say he does or seen him, but i'm assuming if ur and advocate of it u probably do eat. Anyways just thought i'd let u all know