• Krodh (anger)
    • Lobh (greed)
    • Moh (attachment)
    • Ahankar (pride)

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe it would be naive for us to think that these 5 vices are different entities separate from each other. We cannot be selective and say only this vice is affecting me while the others are under control. Either all are under control or none of them are. They are interlinked with each others...as anon said Attachment is the source for the other 4, then it is only valid to state that the Ego is the source of Attachment. As long I am, then all the 5 thieves exist equally. One may dominate you today, but another one might tomorrow. To state one as being dominant is to state that all of them are being dominant as they stem from the same Ego source. That one vice is equal to the other 4 it just takes a different form .

Often people will speak against Lust or Anger or Greed etc and criticize other or belittle others who have such tendencies. They feel they can speak to others in such a manner because they don't feel lust themselves, but given time to observe them they might be Angry in their manner or Greedy about their possessions. How hypocritical it would be of us to judge another for the vice dominating them and failure to see that another dominating us.

just some observing thoughts.