I've Got My Kashera In A Twist!

Guest _Gupt Singh_

Guest _Gupt Singh_

Hi guys,

I'd just like to know if a normal set of shorts will qualify as a kashera? Or what if you have something which is quite similar to the standard sort but has like a little logo of a duck. grin.gif

I mean.. it does the same thing but would would it be considered controversial?

Thanks alot.

Hi guys,

I'd just like to know if a normal set of shorts will qualify as a kashera? Or what if you have something which is quite similar to the standard sort but has like a little logo of a duck. grin.gif

Thanks alot.

LOL.gif

hahaha DUCKIE KACHERA ARE NOT ALLOWED!!

kashera = massive

+ nalaa

white

+ the jeevan

Regarding the colour. How comes there are a few accounts of Singhs wearing blue kasheray and even puratan pictures of them doing so?

I firmly believe that Siri Guru Gobind Singh Ji was all-knowing regarding everything including the past/present/future. Therefore I'm sure that if the Kashera was going to get outdated when the Age of Shorts arrived Guru Sahib would have told us, wear a Kashera but only until boxers take over. My point being Sikhi will never be outdated, and it is best to put our faith and trust in Guru Ji.

I'm sure if you search for articles on the Panj Kakkars you will find many opinions on why wearing a Kashera is important. Personally the intense geometry when stitching the kapra is what gives me a buzz.

I must admit that boxers are quite uncomfortable compared to a decent sized kachera! Try it Veer - Go to your local Gurdwara Sahib and ask a Gyani Ji for one I'm sure they wont refuse - or email me and i'll post you a few - what have you got too loose?! Try it for yourself - Millions of Singhs cant be all wrong!

Hi guys,

Thanks alot.

I am actually annoyed at the whole text of this posting. To compare the kachera to a pair of knickers just shows how much respect we actually have for our kakaars. Using “clever” phrases like “keep your kachera on” or “don’t get your kachera in a twist” just mocks one of the nishanis Dasmesh Pita left us.

Our thinking can clearly shows us what frame of mind we are in. Some mahan Gursikhs have so much respect for their kachera they won’t let it fall on the floor.