Help Mee!

Singhstah

Admin can you leave this topic in general for a bit please (I need help relatively quickly)

Sangat I need some help!!

I bought a whole thaan of mal mal like a month ago, i cut one dastaar out of it to start with and

usually it takes one quick soak to break in the material so its ready for use and it always feels lovely and silky, but for some reason this one just REFUSES to become softer and thinner. I have soaked it countless times, tried tying it over and over and over, but it is still unbelivably fat, and the lars topple over themselves!!

I really need to break this new thaan in quick, because as this took sooo long to break in I am now on my last dastaar, this is a crisis situation tongue.gif

HELP MEE!! this is driving me crazyy!!!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im sorry to break the news 'Singhstah' but F74 is the thick malmal. I know what it feels like cuz my mum bought some F74 for her damalla. I dont think washing it will help to be honest cuz i've been using them as keski's since (for ova year) and they dont get soft like malmal. If ur desperate I know a shop in birmingham where u can get proper soft malmal. The shop is like 5mins walk from bebe nanaki gurdwara where the february rainsubai is taking place - organised by AKJ. Try to cum, hopefully bibi harjit kaur should be attending. check out akj.org for info on the coach's

To be honest, if your dastaar material doesn't soften to your standards after the first wash then it's not going to soften much more. Most people don't tie a dumalla so you'll find the shops mainly keep thicker material. Even the versions of rubi, malmal and F74 can vary depending on the batch the shop buy.

Keep trying the Punjabi shops and take your last dastaar material with you and tell them you want the same thickness. I know how difficult it is because most shopkeepers are monay so don't really understand the differences in thickness or don't even stock dastar material period. In the meantime adapt your dastar tieing technique to be able to use the thicker material, maybe cut the the dastar material down further.

If I get a chance to go to Punjab this year I will hunt down a supplier of the superfine dastaar matrial and start importing the material so Singhs and Singhnia in the UK will never have to buy the thick dastaar material ever again!! I promise you all that..Watch this space!!